PDA

View Full Version : Birth control

inshaallahxx
February 9th, 2013, 11:23 AM
When is it best to stop taking birth control ttc?

I was thinking 3 or 4 months before ttc but not sure if I should stop earlier because I'm seeing people start their diet a whole 6 months before trying to ttc

Cdbaby84
February 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I initially thought I would stop bc and get pregnant the next month but after reading forums and finding a stat somewhere that said only 16% of people get pg the first try, I stopped now to TTC in march.

I'm beginning to think the more time off bc the better, though. I guess it depends how much an earlier-than-intended pregnancy would alter your life.

inshaallahxx
February 12th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I'm thinking I'm going to stop two months before I try!

Hopeful37
February 18th, 2013, 11:44 PM
You can get pregnant soon after you stop taking your pills. Doctors put women on the pill to help regulate their cycle so they can get pregnant. So when u do come off, be careful not to get pregnant right away if u want to go on the girl sway diet. I know foe myself. I was on the pill for many years and the moment I got off, I got pregnant. The second time I got off I didn't get pregnant the first month but the second month off the pill. So u never know. I'm thinking about being on the diet foe at least a month before I get off the pill.....good luck

inshaallahxx
February 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Thank you. Your post gave me a lot to think about and now I'm considering maybe waiting until a month before we start. With ds2 I got pregnant right away from being off the pill. My periods and cycle is usually super regular.
I have been on the pill for 5 years and I have read that some girls get off and have trouble getting pregnant or starting to ovulate so that's why I had thought I needed to get off super early.

Does any one know which way BCP sway if on them a month or two before ttc?

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2013, 09:28 AM
pink

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2013, 09:29 AM
DO NOT start diet 6 months bbefore TTC!!! Unless you have a lot of weight to lose (like 50 lbs) you will waste away to nothing and stop ovulating.

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I'm thinking I'm going to stop two months before I try!

I would TTC RIGHT AWAY after coming off BCP. That first month may be a "pink" month. So do diet while on BCP and then TTC that first month.

sugarNspice
February 19th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I conceived DD#1 my first cycle off birth control. I'd been on the pill, and caught a GI infection while on vacation in the Caribbean, and was sick enough that I wasn't able to digest/absorb the pill, rendering it useless as birth control. So I stopped taking it altogether for a month, trying to get my cycle and body back on track.

My cycle that month (I'd charted for a couple of years before starting the pill, so I knew how to do this) was totally weird and unreadable, with erratic temps and little cm. I was so so surprised to be pregnant (we were not TTC). She's almost 7 now, beautiful, smart and healthy.

sugarNspice
February 19th, 2013, 09:42 AM
The only plus that I can think of for stopping the pill early, ie months before you TTC, is that this can give you time to learn to chart your cycles, which can help you get pregnant faster when you do try, and can also help you tell when sway tactics are making a difference in your body chemistry or fertility overall.

If you're really interested in Clomid, I'd definately try charting first, as it'll give you an idea if there are any problems with your cycle that Clomid might help with... (I've known that my progesterone was on the low side for years before I had it tested).

inshaallahxx
February 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I wanted to use Clomid but don't need it so I thought I just try it with the diet.
Now that I know BCP might give me my girl I will just do that. Thank you girls.

My question is now: If I've never tracked my ovulation or cycle before would this matter when ttc after I get off bcp if I get off the month before

sugarNspice
February 19th, 2013, 10:29 AM
My question is now: If I've never tracked my ovulation or cycle before would this matter when ttc after I get off bcp if I get off the month before

Shouldn't really matter at all. Some women have trouble getting pregnant right after BCP because their cycles are irregular at first from the after-effects of the pill; others don't. Tracking your cycles would help you see this, that's all.