PDA

View Full Version : Eek, gender scan on Thursday! Getting nervous already!

maybeoneday
February 9th, 2013, 12:56 PM
So the title says it all really! I will be 16+4 on Thursday and am paying for a private gender scan rather than waiting for my Nhs anomaly scan. It is only DH and I that know. My mum is babysitting and thinks we are going out for dinner for valentines day!

Scan is not until 7.30pm so have the whole day to worry about it. Really think I will hear boy number 3 as feel like we have had too much good luck on this thread already!

At least this way it gives me 4 weeks to come to terms with it before my big scan!

Not sure how I am going to make it through the week! X

aroundtheworld
February 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Best wishes!

NearlyDone
February 9th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Good luck hope you hear healthy+pink xxx

Justjessica
February 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Good luck! We'll have to keep each other company as mine is next week too.

Violet_
February 9th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Goodluck with your gender ultrasound MaybeOneDay. I think from your nub shots that you will hear girl. Best of luck.

love being a mummy
February 9th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Good luck, sending you lots of pink dust.

maybeoneday
February 10th, 2013, 03:50 AM
I think there are a few of us going next week....

When is yours justjessica? X

Justjessica
February 10th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Mine is Tuesday. Feel so sick still! It's killing me. How are you doing maybeoneday?

maybeoneday
February 10th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I think if I look at my scan pictures one more time, I am going to explode!!!

I am really torn what I will hear. Would be SO happy to hear girl but really think it is another boy.

Only another 4 days and I will know one way or the other. - At least I can out down the nub pics!

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday! X

5boysandcounting
February 10th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Good luck to you both. I know how nerve wracking those scan can be! I really hope you both hear pink xxxx

Justjessica
February 13th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Good luck tomorrow. Thinking of you x

LO123
February 13th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Good luck, will be thinking of you. Mine is not for 4 weeks and I can't stop thinking about it.

maybeoneday
February 13th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks girls. It is not until 7.30pm UK time then we are going out for dinner so could be a while until I update. I am pretty much resigned I will hear boy and anything else will be a nice surprise.

Not sure i will sleep very well tonight and pray the tech is a good one and gets it right! X

Jadis
February 13th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I know the anxiety very well, I didn't sleep much the night before my scan. Best wishes for tomorrow!

jennaesue
February 13th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Good luck!!

Violet_
February 13th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Not long now. Good luck!

5boysandcounting
February 13th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Best of luck for tomorrow :) xxx

Tree
February 13th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Good Luck!! Really hope you get your girl!!!!!!!

Mommyof3boys
February 13th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Good luck!

cvd
February 13th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Good luck!! Looking forward to your update :)

cvd
February 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Good luck!

Mommyof3boys - just noticed your ticker (that you're passed 20 weeks)! Are you finding out or waiting till birth?

NearlyDone
February 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Its nearly time......good luck :cheerteam:

Mrs_P
February 14th, 2013, 03:24 PM
waiting for an update, its 8:30 here so i guess i may be waiting a while yet - hurry up and eat fast!!!

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Good luck today

Mrs_P
February 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM
bumping for an update its 11:30 now lets hope its good news and the celebrations are going strong

cvd
February 14th, 2013, 07:37 PM
No update yet??? Fingers crossed

Tree
February 14th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Mine is Tuesday. Feel so sick still! It's killing me. How are you doing maybeoneday?

Have you had your scan yet? Hope you both get girls!!

AndreaOD
February 15th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Any update yet? Hope it all went well!! x

Justjessica
February 15th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Thinking of you. Praying the baby is healthy and you heard pink x

maybeoneday
February 15th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Sorry for the delay..... It is another boy for us. I had hope from my nub shot but there was no mistaking the turtle I saw. This is my last baby so am really sad as didn't want to live in a house full of men but it seems that is my destiny.

Thank you for all your support. I know you understand.

X

5boysandcounting
February 15th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Sorry for the delay..... It is another boy for us. I had hope from my nub shot but there was no mistaking the turtle I saw. This is my last baby so am really sad as didn't want to live in a house full of men but it seems that is my destiny.

X

Sorry you didn't hear pink but a big congratulations on a healthy baby boy! I know how your feeling at the moment but you now have time to bond with your gorgeous new little man before he comes. Hugs xxxx

NearlyDone
February 15th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Congrats on your baby boy........sorry you didn't hear girl x

cvd
February 15th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Sorry you didn't hear girl :( glad your baby is healthy though. I know how you feel, I also have a household of men, this is our last baby too. Hope you're doing ok xo

Tree
February 15th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I'm surprised, really thought nub looked girl. Goes to show that nub gauging can't be relied upon too much. Congratulations on your third boy! I can imagine the sadness you feel for the loss of a girl, but you are growing a healthy little boy so you focus on him now. Did you sway then?

Justjessica
February 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM

X
Congratulations on your gorgeous bundle of blue. Sorry you didn't hear pink. I know how hard it is to hear boy for a third time but 3 boys are awesome. Mine are really, really close and DS3 is always telling me he loves me. I couldn't imagine having a girl in his place now. Sending big hugs xxx

Mommyof3boys
February 15th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mommyof3boys - just noticed your ticker (that you're passed 20 weeks)! Are you finding out or waiting till birth?

I go in on Monday for my scan. I really want to stay team green. We have been for all of my previous pregnancies but lately I have been considering finding out. I'm really not sure what we will do. DH wants to know but I don't want to be sad about it if it is a boy. I thought about having them write it down and looking at it in May.

Violet_
February 15th, 2013, 05:15 PM
So sorry you didn't hear pink maybeoneday, thinking of you and yes, I've been there. Was really hurt and upset for about 2 weeks when I found out DS3 was a boy, but then I came to terms with it and he is perfect.

Jadis
February 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Sorry you didn't hear pink, but he'll be just perfect for you in the end. He'll be wonderful. Be kind to yourself and let yourself feel whatever you need to right now, you'll be ok.

LO123
February 16th, 2013, 01:04 AM
I am so sorry you didn't hear girl. We can all understand how you are feeling. I hope you are doing OK.

maybeoneday
February 16th, 2013, 04:38 AM
I go in on Monday for my scan. I really want to stay team green. We have been for all of my previous pregnancies but lately I have been considering finding out. I'm really not sure what we will do. DH wants to know but I don't want to be sad about it if it is a boy. I thought about having them write it down and looking at it in May.

I kind of wish I hadn't found out as it is much harder to be sad when you have a baby to cuddle. I have to say I thought I would be ok with it being another boy but I am really not! I thought it was the not knowing that was killing me, but this is much worse!

I think you have to be honest with yourself on how you will take it if is another boy and when you would rather find that out. Xx

Justjessica
February 16th, 2013, 05:36 AM
I kind of wish I hadn't found out as it is much harder to be sad when you have a baby to cuddle. I have to say I thought I would be ok with it being another boy but I am really not! I thought it was the not knowing that was killing me, but this is much worse!

I think you have to be honest with yourself on how you will take it if is another boy and when you would rather find that out. Xx

I'm so sorry it's hard for you. I think I would have been exactly the same if I'd have heard boy. Like some people have said at least you have time to bond with your new little man. I keep thinking I should have found out as I'm just deluding myself there is still a chance. There are no easy answers. I wish you all the best and hope you feel better about everything soon.