PDA

View Full Version : Miscarriage sways pink - what,'s your experience?

EmmyRoo
February 9th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Hi,
I'd like to ttc straight away after I lose this baby and have heard countless times on this forum that mc sways pink. However, I've also heard that a woman is super fertile for 3 months after a loss - wouldn't that sway blue? :confused:

I'd also be interested In hearing if anyone ate like it was their last day on earth ever since getting their bfp, after months on LE, and still got a girl after a mc? I've regained ALL the weight I lost on LE and have been eating the most boy diet ever for 2 months and am scared that will sway blue harder than the mc sways pink. I just want to ttc asap but I'm frightened that if I ov immediately and conceive immediately (a long shot I know but still...) I'll definitely have another boy.

Thoughts and experiences welcome!
X

LacePrincess
February 9th, 2013, 01:49 PM
No personal experiences Emmy, but I'm so glad you're able to think about moving on. :)

I'm curious too. I've read the 3 month superfertile thing, but......I've been lurking on the babycenter Trying after M/c thread for the last week and almost without fail, everyone who's conceived really soon after a m/c (less than 3 cycles) have ALL been girls. On a baby and bump blog there's a lady who had a D&C at 8 weeks, conceived again about 5 months later - girl.

So from my observation just trolling through various ttc boards, it really seems to be true that m/c sways girl very strongly. Fx for us!

Sunflower3
February 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I think you are more fertile but cervix is less Sperm friendly?

I'm ttc after losing my identical twins in December AF 6 weeks 3 days. Hoping to O soon.

I hope others chime in. And I am hoping it does say girl.

Sunflower3
February 9th, 2013, 01:57 PM
And I'm sorry for your loss Emmy and lace! Glad to have this thread for support!!!

mommymachine
February 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I ovulated 21 days after the first day of bleeding and here I am 4 weeks pregnant, my diet wasn't awesome when I conceived so only time will tell for me. Good luck!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
February 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I had a mc back at the end of 2006. I got pregnant my first cycle and had a boy.

Rainbow baby
February 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I have had two early m/c and conceived both times strait after before my next period! I was obviously very fertile I had so much excess cm! = boys both times.
My late m/c @ 19 weeks was the opposite barley any cm and dry and flaky for months after! It has started coming back now so I think I have missed my window!
I would see what your cm does and go by that! I think every body would be different I have seen lots of girls have girls right after and the other as well! My experience it was very very easy to fall strait after! I tried for several months with all of them except those after m/c ! Sorry for your loss! xox

hplnvf03
February 10th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Through all the research I have done, it seems the majority of women have BOYS from conceiving right after a miscarriage. I conceived this baby 2 weeks after my miscarriage and although I do not know the sex, I totally am assuming BOY because I had more CM than EVER and a much higher sex drive. I am assuming I was much more fertile. I will find out in about 8 weeks but my pregnancy is different from my DD's and I have had dreams of a boy. I would love another girl but I really think it is a boy. Sorry for your loss, I know it is hard!

onthepond
February 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM
It really is so encouraging to read these posts - so thank you all for sharing your stories! Today is the 1st day that I feel somewhat "normal" after my D&C 4 days ago (though I will never, ever forget). Hubby and I are actually talking about trying again after my 1st period - hopefully in about a month and my dr told us waiting through one period was all the more we needed to wait. Maybe we will still get our 2013 baby after all? All I want is a healthy baby...but would love to be pregnant again sooner than later. Fingers crossed we can join many of you ladies soon! Good luck to all those trying...or waiting for their perfect baby to arrive.

sugarNspice
February 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I don't think I believe that m/c sways strongly, especially early m/c. And I think it only sways for the first cycle or so, if it does sway at all. I've only gotten pregnant once on the first ovulation after a miscarriage, and it was a chemical, gender not known. All the other times, I've waited for two periods before trying again, and I've had at least one boy and one girl (I've always gotten pregnant the first time we've tried).
In my opinion, for my body, I'd choose to wait to get my hormones somewhat back to normal, my diet pink-friendly, and my doctor ready to prescribe Clomid. I feel like this is a much stronger sway than TTC on the first cycle after m/c. But again, this is just me--if you watch your body carefully, you can tell what your CM is like, and what your cycles are like, and thus how fertile you are, and that can help you decide.

It does make sense to me that m/c would sway pink b/c pregnancy makes so many demands on your body--even if you are eating the bluest of blue diets while pg, your body might still feel nutritionally depleted afterwards, especially if the m/c was on the later side. And switching from a nutrient- and calorie-rich pregnancy diet to a more LE way of eating might well be sending your body a signal that conditions are tougher, and thus it's a good time to conceive pink.

How you are doing emotionally is such an important factor, too--I've gone from desperately wanting to be pg again right away to being too scared of another loss and wanting to wait, and back again. I think that what feels best, if you're sure it *really* feels best, is what's best.

Tammy123
February 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM
EmmyRoo I'm in the same boat as you. I did LE for a few weeks and when I got my bfp I started eating like there was no tomorrow (I got bfp just before Xmas so u can take a guess at how crazy I went, and I put most of my weight back on in less than 2 weeks!). I mc at 9 weeks, and I'm not sure whether to go for it now or wait for af. Even if I wait for af i still don't think that will be enough time back on LE to ttc that cycle but I really don't want to wait any longer.

Mabel_79
February 11th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hi,
Sorry for your loss.
I swayed last year and fell pregnant in October, was convinced sway had worked as everything felt so different than my pregnancies with my boys. Sadly I miscarried just before Christmas.
Was thinking of ttc again in January, but I ate so much over Christmas and was determined to enjoy Christmas even after mc so drank lots too!
Decided it was best for me to wait and get back on the diet, especially as my ph seemed quite high after the miscarriage (I had to have a d&c as it was a suspected molar- luckily it seems I had just lost baby at about 10wks but had no symptoms till I went for my 12 wk scan and they couldn't find anything in my uterus).
Hoping to ttc next month as strictly back on diet now. I know at least three friends who got pregnant the month after a miscarriage- it's supposed to make you much more fertile. But they all had boys so I'm not convinced mc sways pink.
Best of luck with your sway and hope you get a nice sticky bean in 2013 xx

Tammy123
February 12th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Hmmm I have a TON of ewcm since yesterday. I'm not risking it. Waiting for af, getting back on LE, and then will ttc. Lol!

Tammy123
February 19th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Hi does anyone know - is it just the cycle after mc that sways pink, or is it the first few cycles?

Butterfly Spirit
February 19th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Hi does anyone know - is it just the cycle after mc that sways pink, or is it the first few cycles?

Atomic will tell you the first few will. My rainbow baby conceived right after my M/C before my AF could return, is my daughter.
I took Vitex, Red Raspberry Leaf Capsules, and my other vitamin supplements right after my M/C.

Butterfly Spirit
February 19th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Emmyroo, I am so very sorry for your loss!! :broken:
It can be a automatic pink sway for you! Be positive and believe it can work. Keep the stress down!

I didn't do the LE diet. I did Calcium, Magnesium, Vitex, - Ions, and added Red Raspberry Leaf after my M/C

Sunflower3
February 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Atomic will tell you the first few will. My rainbow baby conceived right after my M/C before my AF could return, is my daughter.
I took Vitex, Red Raspberry Leaf Capsules, and my other vitamin supplements right after my M/C.

Thanks butterfly.
When did you O after your miscarriage? I'm in cd 19 and no O yet.

onthepond
February 19th, 2013, 07:23 PM
So, does this really mean that you are more likely to conceive a girl after a MC? I thought it was pretty even when people were saying which gender they conceived after. Is there a thread on this anywhere else which talks more about this? Thanks!

harleyquinn
February 19th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I have conceived 2 boys after m/c and not early ones either. I don't think it sways that much due to my experience (and that was eating VERY poorly too due to morning sickness so its not like I was living high on the hog while pregnant...au contraire). Its one of those things like smoking or anything...statistically it may appear to make a diff but there are the millions outside of the statistic to make up the other portion.

Not to sound discouraging. But I wouldn't count on it personally...thats just me. Theres actually nothing I would *count* on in swaying. I think its the combo of factors.

tulip
February 21st, 2013, 11:31 PM
not enough evidence that MC sways pink ....On the IG forum, I have read of 2 women (bambino & wasabi) who conceived in the 1st or 2nd cycle after M/C and had boys....I had a D&E at 20 weeks and got 1st AF in Feb. MY ph was so high afterwards, it never used to be that high when I was swaying last year...I will be surprised if I conceive a DD at that high ph !

LacePrincess
February 24th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Ah too bad. Oh well!

It doesn't matter anyways for me, I really think 4 boys is pretty special too. So as long as I get a healthy bean it's a win-win. :)

EmmyRoo
March 6th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone. It's interesting to hear different experiences, I'm not convinced mc sways pink though. I'm now 17 days after ERPC and no sign of ov. I stopped pre-natal vitamins two days after the procedure and am only taking folic acid 2000 micrograms now plus fibre. I've been back on LE for a couple of weeks, not lost any weight yet though.
I just want to be pregnant again so badly, but I'll regret not giving swaying a good shot, especially when I felt my last sway was strong. I veer from thinking I lost the only daughter I'll ever have, to thinking I surely deserve a girl after pregnancy, miscarriage, not taking any supps to boost me after the loss, being much more laid back about swaying now, going back on LE and still being half a stone lighter than when I conceived DS2. I know "deserving" a DD means nothing though, it doesn't work like that unfortunately :sad:.
What would you do? Attempt when/if I get a +opk or wait till after AF has returned to be on LE longer?
X

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2013, 02:13 PM
On paper, I believe that biologically miscarriage sways pink. It is not the type of fertility boost that sways blue. It depletes your body of resources and messes up your cycle and both of those things sway pink. I agree with Sugar that early losses probably sway less than later ones. Is it a magic bullet, no it is not. Nothing is.

Just as with Clomid, you can't do a casual survey of people you know IRL and online and really tell about how losses may sway. Some people do a lot of fertility-boosting stuff that could sway blue, some people can't get pg for several months after a miscarriage at which point any benefits are probably lost, and it may very well be the case that those people who are easily capable of bouncing back to get pg the cycle after a miscarriage, are more boy-friendly to begin with and are thus able to shake off the loss and conceive boys right away.

Swaying is NOT a light switch where if you know 3, 23, or 323 people who conceived a boy after a miscarriage that it then indicates miscarriage sways blue. If something sways pink by 5%, that is a heck of a sway but still a heck of a lot of boys will still be conceived. :)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/25293-three-essays-swaying.html

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Emmy, I think you should TTC on your first pos OPK.

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2013, 02:16 PM

I think it is ~likely~ the first few cycles but I only want people to rely on the first for swaying. The further along you are, the longer it may sway.

onthepond
March 6th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Hi Emmy - my dr told me to wait until after my 1st AF so I am anxiously still waiting...will be 28 days tomorrow. Hopefully any day now, BUT many have TTC before that with great success. I also am doing what I can to sway boy, so for me waiting through 1st AF is prob a good thing. I would say GO FOR IT when you get your positive OPK. I hope you are feeling well!

Boymomsrock
March 6th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Twin boys immediately after.

EmmyRoo
March 8th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Thanks everyone. Boymomsrock - :omg: not sure I can cope with twins! Lol. I think we will try straight away, just need an egg to come along now...