PDA

View Full Version : This is when I get sad

iluvmy4sons
February 9th, 2013, 05:18 PM
I have 4 boys and pregnant again. Still not sure about gender though. I feel like it is another boy. I have an ultrasound in 3wks and my husband does not want to find out but says I can. That is another post. Today on fb in my area there is a daddy/daughter dance for girl scouts. All my friends with girls are posting pics of their little girls dressed up with their dads. It it times like this not likely having a daughter gets to me :(

nuthinbutpink
February 9th, 2013, 06:13 PM
I'm sorry. Very hard.

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I hope you have the baby girl you want so badly! Maybe there is a mother-son event you could go to with your boys? Your sons are very handsome, so if you have another, I'm sure he will be just as handsome as his brothers.

Rainbow baby
February 9th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Owe face book is evil isn't it!! I feel you! Hope that little bean is a pink one fingers crossed!

Princess of Pink
February 9th, 2013, 07:01 PM
{{BIG HUGS}} Know that feeling well...but the other way around. I hope this is your little girl and in 3 weeks time you will be over the moon!

queen-bee
February 9th, 2013, 07:04 PM
So many of us on here know how it feels. As much as I want a little princess, I enjoy showing off my handsome tall 14 y.o. son. I swear there is no one better looking or with better personality among my friends' kids! And ds2 is so talented in every sports he does. and ds3.. where do i start, he is the best of them all. I bet you are proud of your boys too. Have you had your 12 weeks scan yet and nub guesses? It was 100% accurate for me with ds3. It really helps getting to terms with having another great man in your life, or it can give you pink hopes..

jark22
February 9th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I'm preggo with my third boy..... The Father Daughter dances don't bother me so much because I know none of our kids will ever be involved in scouts- but I do get sad when I think that my husband will never get to walk anyone down the aisle. He will never get to have a father daughter dance at a wedding. I don't know if it bothers him- or if he'd ever admit that to me.

Sometimes I get sad that I will be missing out on an experience. But then I think- if this baby was a girl then I'd be missing out on all of the wonderful things that are going to come with being the mom of all boys! I share this quote all the time because it has helped me so much and I hope it can help others as well: "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - Joseph Campbell

My Three Sons
February 9th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I hope you get your girl! I know what you mean though. My mom was talking about helping my sister get my neice's hair ready for her daddy daughter dance this weekend. It makes me really hope for that little girl.

iluvmy4sons
February 9th, 2013, 09:09 PM
So many of us on here know how it feels. As much as I want a little princess, I enjoy showing off my handsome tall 14 y.o. son. I swear there is no one better looking or with better personality among my friends' kids! And ds2 is so talented in every sports he does. and ds3.. where do i start, he is the best of them all. I bet you are proud of your boys too. Have you had your 12 weeks scan yet and nub guesses? It was 100% accurate for me with ds3. It really helps getting to terms with having another great man in your life, or it can give you pink hopes..

None of my pictures had a nub. I have blew them up and contrasted them. The one or two I thought had a nub I was told the one did not and the other one did but when the tech took picture she said the leg t was moving up and the the next picture leg was in the air. That was said leaning boy on here. So to me the nub would be to high to be were it was said boy since tech pointed out leg and knee coming up on my ultrasound. So inconclusive.

tanyagirl
February 9th, 2013, 09:25 PM
feel your pain hun really I do I have three boys and you no at least you still have a chance a lady on the other site was really down she swore it was another little boy she didn`t find out until she had the baby and guess what it was pink so you do really still have a chance but I get it you have to get yourself prepared in case it is another little boy , I`m really hoping you hear girl very soon xx

my4leafclover
February 9th, 2013, 09:40 PM
The same here Ilm4s! Our DDD is next week too. One year the committee chair even sent out an email asking those of us without dd to volunteer and help, talk about feeling stabbed. They started a mother/son thing with a theme that was pre 60's and all of the moms dressed up and the boys all went outside and played on the playground. Easter is a killer for me too. I so hope your little pink bundle is in there.

iluvmy4sons
February 9th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks everyone:) I glad there are sites that I can post my sadness where other people understand.

Claire33
February 10th, 2013, 04:22 AM
The same here Ilm4s! Our DDD is next week too. One year the committee chair even sent out an email asking those of us without dd to volunteer and help, talk about feeling stabbed.

Did anyone actually volunteer? The person who thought of that probably has 3 DDs and no clue!

my4leafclover
February 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
@claire- I am not sure since it was an email that was sent out asking. It seems all you need is 1 dd and having never had to "try" for a dg for people to not have a clue :(

Adia
February 11th, 2013, 12:00 PM
That is appalling, come and volunteer at the DDD even if you don't have a DD....give me that persons email address and I will write them and tell them how rude and insensitive that is!!!:rolleyes: (I'm kidding...but I would do it to stick up for all boy moms!)

That is like asking me to be a boy scout leader because I am not as busy with girl.....

FWIW, I have to avoid certain things on Facebook and other places when I am having trouble. People who effortlessly get their DG after opposites make me cringe so I block them, etc. I have learned what I can and can't handle so I just simply have to avoid it.

Big hugs honey, keep us posted, please!!