PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help a confused mum for ttc girl

Kiesse
April 12th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Ok, I am back in the game after a couple of years. Will be swaying for a girl.

Now im in NZ so with the season changes and that, when is the best time to try for a girl, also i noticed in a recent post on a diff forum about the solar flares, being in the southern hemisphere how does that work? i have gone through the faq in that other forum, just trying to get as much extra info as needed, as i notice alot of posts say certain months in certain seasons are better for each gender but then that would be opposite for me right? so what months for me would be good, my mind is so confused and hard to get my head around, Its all over my head, so any help would be appreciated!

Also any Kiwi mums who have swayed and got their dg, how did you change your diet as i noticed in the girl cookbook there are alot of ingredients that i can not find and dont have in our supermarkets. please help me

ELP
April 13th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Hello Kiesse:wave: Have you decided what type of sway attempt your going to try? If getting hold of certain foods is difficult you may want to go with the TW approach of just low nutrient food, I think its all pretty available most places. Its a good idea to start from scratch, read through all the stickies here and you'll see that the solar flares and ions are not as important as the other options available so you can take them off your worry list:) I'll add a link to the breif description of the diet options most people are following and you can have a quick read and see if anything fits your past baby pattern:agree:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2502-Diet-options-for-swaying

jude17
April 13th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Hi Kiesse, I am in NZ. Where are you? North or South Island. I swayed for a girl but got another boy. I didn’t really realise the extent that you should change your diet so this time I am going to go all out on the girl diet. So I would be really interested to see what you come up with i.e. what foods you are going to eat from our supermarkets or if you just go with low nutrient foods. I like to eat so it’s going to be very hard to eat so little and get so hungry on this girl diet. I really want a girl so I am hoping to read through this site and make a swaying plan as this site seems to have so much great information. It’s so confusing though what to do as I want the best chance at a girl but last time I thought I had a really good chance at getting a girl but it wasn’t to be. Good luck with your sway.

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2011, 11:45 AM
ELP kindly posted the link of diet options but here is a link aobut seasons and swaying. I DO put some stock into seasons (because it has been scientifically studied - but the studies do NOT support the ion theories) but I am not as much a believer that things like ions and solar flares matter. Mammalian sperm and eggs have been studied and fertilization does not seem to be controlled by electrical charge (some animals' eggs - such as sea urchin eggs - DO have an electrical charge for a few moments ~after~ the egg has been fertilized but at least accordoing to what I have read, mammals seem to be controlled by chemical attractants aka pheromones rather than attracted almost magnetically by ions).

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1693-the-seasons-and-swaying&highlight=seasons+swaying

And here is a list of links to all the most basic girl posts.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1585-READ-ME-FIRST-Planning-Your-Pink-Sway

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Oh and please let us know what it is you're having trouble finding, some things have alternatives, some are not necessary, and some you can find online.

Kiesse
April 13th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Jude - I am in the south island, where abouts are you? I too am a big eater and have the perfect BOY diet so i think it will be very hard to change, so far i will have a lot more yogurt, cheese and chicken, so maybe a few chicken salads for lunch and dinner, im sure after it all i will never look at it the same way! I will also take the supps? What are your plans? maybe we should put our own kiwi cookbook together?!

Ok i dont understnd the solar flares or how they are meant to work, as for the ions, lets not even go there! way beyond me. But the thing i am most interested in is the temps when people concieve, I concieved both my boys in spring and summer, one was sept the other dec. now i have also noticed for the past couple of years in jan through to end of much most of the babies born are girls, so concieving in autumn/winter when the months are cooler sway for a girl and spring/summer help towards a boy?

Arrgghhh so much to take in, whay cant it be easy and give me everything in a box and tell me what time to do things and how it would be so much easier!!!!

Kiesse
April 13th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Oh God, Ive just been reading throught the foods and the diets! yeeeeeek, I think i might just stick to pasta, rice and water....just to be on the safe side! lol, so much to take in, just give me a meal i can cook with the right ingredients and ill be happy! lol

I not sure what attempt ill do yet ELP, I was looking at changing my diet, taking supps, lowering my ph, dtd in a cold month in missionary thats about as far as i have got

jude17
April 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Kiesse. I am in Christchurch, where are you? I conceived both my boys in winter, June and July. BUT both times I was the only one at work to have a boy and at least 3 other girls at my work all had girls. I was quite annoyed to be the only one to have a boy both times. Especially hard when there is one girl who keeps going on how much better girls are than boys! So I was thinking for me that I will try and avoid winter to conceive. I was going to try and get a weekly menu set up and then I will know exactly what I will eat each day and just keep to my weekly menu. I thought this would be easier especially as its so busy looking after my two small guys and my big guy as well (hubby!). I am thinking of supplements such as cranberry, califort (calcium and magnesium), vitex or B6 (probably vitex), saw palmetto, adding aspartame to drinks, peppermint tea, using lavender products, acijel and sylk. I am going to concentrate on lowering my pH and testosterone levels. For hubby I am going to get him to abstain, I was thinking of 10 days, get him to take licorice root and stop drinking coffee. I found it hard to get pregnant with a cut off but I will either try 2-3 day cut off or initially O+12 if I can work it out. Also will take zyrtec. I now need to look at the diet so I can make a plan of foods so if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. I will use OPK to determine ovulation and I need to find some pH strips.

Kiesse
April 13th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Ok, i will continue the reply to this over in the kiwi thread we are in

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Jude - I am in the south island, where abouts are you? I too am a big eater and have the perfect BOY diet so i think it will be very hard to change, so far i will have a lot more yogurt, cheese and chicken, so maybe a few chicken salads for lunch and dinner, im sure after it all i will never look at it the same way! I will also take the supps? What are your plans? maybe we should put our own kiwi cookbook together?!

Ok i dont understnd the solar flares or how they are meant to work, as for the ions, lets not even go there! way beyond me. But the thing i am most interested in is the temps when people concieve, I concieved both my boys in spring and summer, one was sept the other dec. now i have also noticed for the past couple of years in jan through to end of much most of the babies born are girls, so concieving in autumn/winter when the months are cooler sway for a girl and spring/summer help towards a boy?

Arrgghhh so much to take in, whay cant it be easy and give me everything in a box and tell me what time to do things and how it would be so much easier!!!!

If you read the "seasons" link it explains it all in much greater detail, but I would def. try to conceive in late winter if at all possible. It is NO guarantee at all but it does seem to be proven to help your chances (and I conceived two boys in late winter so I know it's not a guarantee LOL but there were scads of girls in my DD board - it was actually so bad that the handful of us who had conceived boys just sort of went away). I would NOT do Fall/Winter for a boy, it's better to do late winter/spring for a girl and then late summer/fall for a boy. It probably has to do with day length so you want to conceive when there has been a long period of time with short days.