PDA

View Full Version : people get it all wrong sigh

tanyagirl
February 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM
will I am sitting brooding and very depressed thinking about all my friends bar maybe one who has mixed gender or there DG desire , I was thinking what one friend said to me. Being supportive < all she thought she was> she said to be well at least u get to shop over the other side of the asile when picking a baby out fit . Meaning she thought I would get so much excitement and shear thrill to be buying a baby girl outfit for someone elses baby. What people without GD or people that never have had to go through is that those types of things like buying pretty things going to girly shower`s looking at friends daughter all dressed up for there first dance are soooo Painful for me and I rather swallow glass then have to do that but for the sake of friendships I have too. I don`t know about you ladies it is touture, I think that is the problem with GD that its constant reminds throughout your life just as you think you are ok it gets juilted again and again xx

xxxx
February 10th, 2013, 01:42 PM
hugs, dear, never mind, you will fall in love with your little men and bond so well that you may forget. bless.

little_quickstepper
February 10th, 2013, 05:27 PM
tanyagirl that's so true, I think everyone here feels the same way, I know I do. For me, the wish to have a daughter isn't *just* about dressing them up in cute little pink outfits, it's much more than that. But when I go onto a shop to buy clothes for my boys, then the tiny pink outfits are the most tangible, blatant reminder that I have that part missing from my life (despite having tried enough times!!). I find it hard even to buy cards with "Congratulations on your baby girl" on them!

zibibbogirl
February 10th, 2013, 09:19 PM
People will probably think this is really, really dumb, but one of the things I have most looked forward to is getting one of those "its a girl" balloons when my baby is born. With 3 x DS I have only ever had blue ones.... Stupid hey?

tanyagirl
February 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM
you are so right girls and Zibido how exciting hun you are getting your dd so happy for you and yes it sometimes is the little thanks as well as the big things that makes us feel this bad. WHen I had last DS3 my mother decided to take off to England to see my brother even though it was right over the due date she wasn`t even in the country and I starting crying to DH see she has three lovely daughters and she don`t even apprieciate it , I would never do that she doesn`t realize what she has right in front of her that is for sure xx

zibibbogirl
February 11th, 2013, 01:54 AM
I know there are some people with mixed genders who really do appreciate what they have but I also think most people who have mixed genders without even having to try (no HT or swaying) don't realize how lucky they are.

I was one of those naive people who thought I would have a boy first, then a girl. When I had a boy first I never gave it a second thought that a girl would follow, until she didn't!!! Up until then I had never even heard of gender desire.

Now I know how hurtful throw away lines and comments can be I am super careful. Nobody in my life knows I did HT except my DH and the friends I have made on here. Everyone else thinks I love being a boy Mom. But I have been very sensitive to others with one gender families when making my announcement and with my comments on FB. I just know how it feels to be on the other end.