PDA

View Full Version : Take the supplements or not?? Help!

haymon2and1
February 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM
I have done so much research for my girl sway and had all the supplements down to buy .. but now Im reading SO much about how it can sway boys. Im so confused :( Help! Ive read that more supplements equals more nutrients and esp bc I will do LE diet makes me concerned for swaying boy

nuthinbutpink
February 12th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Well, you can post your sway in the member section and get feedback. You may also browse through other people's sways to see what they used.

Generally with LE no supplements are used that may boost fertility. Calcium and magnesium are not added to the girl sways.

Have you read through the members' sways?

haymon2and1
February 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Thank you so much for your reply! I have read through a lot and I think Im just overwhelmed haha. So if I DO use the supplements then dont do LE diet? Only IG diet?

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2013, 10:08 AM
You can use SOME of the IG supplements with LE Diet and not hurt your sway very much. I think if you HAVE to take some cal-mag, it isn't a dealbreaker. Would I do it - NO, and I got my DD after a failed IG sway where I was taking sky high doses of cal mag, but you gotta go with your gut (after having read the Calcium Conundrum essays, that is.)

I strongly, strongly advise against taking the Vit D and the probiotic (acidophilus), and I would only take B6 if you really need to for a short LP. I think B6 sways blue if you don't need it for a short LP.

I would not take cranberry, it's not as safe as aspirin anyway and adds nutrients.

haymon2and1
February 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Thank you so much! I think I will just take baby asprin..what about vitex, SP, peppermint tea?

its funny bc everyone is so different.. some people swear by cal/mag bc of something to do with changing cm. guess im just afraid i wont do enough...

The Anchor
February 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Start here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/23588-ttc-girl-library.html

Yes, most of the girl swayers are taking vitex, SP, baby aspirin. And like AS said, read the Calcium Conundrum thread...GL!

haymon2and1
February 12th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Thank you!!!

dloui128
February 12th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I took a lot of supplements for my boy sway and I only did it because when I had my girls I wasn't taking any kind of vitamins so I wanted to make sure I did the complete opposite of everything I did when I had girls. That being said I really don't feel that the supplements helped my boy sway, I STRONGLY believe it was my change in diet that got me my desired gender.

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Thank you so much! I think I will just take baby asprin..what about vitex, SP, peppermint tea?

its funny bc everyone is so different.. some people swear by cal/mag bc of something to do with changing cm. guess im just afraid i wont do enough...

They have no evidence that the cal-mag does anything to CM, it's just a theory and totally unproved.

Biologically, X and Y sperm do not have different electrical charges and therefore can't be attracted by calcium ions in CM no matter what anyone claims.http://genderdreaming.com/forum/swaying-studies-scientific-research/1562-what-real-differences-between-x-sperm-y-sperm.html

Vitex and SP OR pep tea (don't do both SP and pep tea) are great additions to a sway and can help swya pink.

haymon2and1
February 13th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much. Im feeling calmer already haha

6bluewant1pink
February 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Is Lydia Pinkham ok to take?

The Anchor
February 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM

I seem to recall that there are herbs in the lydia pynkham that you shouldn't take for the whole cycle. Maybe it's vitex?

haymon2and1
February 13th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm so sorry...one last question :-) I'm a little worried about vitex bc my cycles are very very regular. Is it pretty important to add to a good sway? I want to do all I can!! I'm definitely going to take baby aspirin and SP (with LE diet) and ofcourse Folic Acid. I'm only getting dh to take cranberry and LR (I've heard Vit C also??)

The Anchor
February 13th, 2013, 10:02 PM
IMO...only add V if your cycles are wacky. If you want to add otherwise, just do AF - O - 1. Vitex is kind of a "cycle regulator" for those ladies that have crazy ones. BUT it also has a prolactin effect, and can even out the estrogen progesterone hormones for those ladies that are less fertile. AND it does sway pink!

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2013, 11:32 AM

IF EVER there is something you are stressed or confused about, just ASK - I have reasons for everything and for every person who asks, 10 others are wondering the same thing. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Is Lydia Pinkham ok to take?

No. There are things in Lydia that sway blue and other things that are not safe for TTC. People take it and get away with it, but some people smoke and never get cancer either - it's just not a good idea to mess with some of the herbs.

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I'm so sorry...one last question :-) I'm a little worried about vitex bc my cycles are very very regular. Is it pretty important to add to a good sway? I want to do all I can!! I'm definitely going to take baby aspirin and SP (with LE diet) and ofcourse Folic Acid. I'm only getting dh to take cranberry and LR (I've heard Vit C also??)

SP can also mess up your cycle. It is totally up to you what feels right in your gut - I DO think V and SP sway pink and it may very well be the case that the wacky cycles are part and parcel of how they do that. Even the diet can goof up cycles. So the herbs may be worth the risk for you - only you can answer that. ;)

I'd leave off the Vit. C for DH, the cran will do everything that needs to be done for him, and the Vit. C may improve sperm health.

haymon2and1
February 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thank you SO MUCH!!!

mkarntz1980
February 18th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I took vitex.....not for the 3 months, i only took it maybe 10 days and stopped it as i was cd 8 getting + opk! i have normal 30 day cycles (or had) that cycle af came cd 24. this cycle my cycle was 35 days long.....what it used to be and thats the cycle i conceived my DD. one thing i can say, even since stopping vitex i have had some ewcm and can feel myself ovulate (im thinking i wasnt ovulating) also i had a great LP 14 days with NO spotting before af.

mkarntz1980
February 18th, 2013, 09:38 PM
oh also my after O temps were really high!

haymon2and1
February 21st, 2013, 08:18 AM
So the cycle you conceived you didn't take the vitex? did you bd at + opk? what is LP again..sorry..new here hehe

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2013, 01:01 PM
So the cycle you conceived you didn't take the vitex? did you bd at + opk? what is LP again..sorry..new here hehe

LP is luteal phase, the amount of days from ovulation to AF. It's meant to be 12-14 days, anything less than 10 days makes it hard to get pregnant.