PDA

View Full Version : Being ill while pregnant

weeziewoozles
February 12th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I know it's not the worst thing that could be happening but Ive a stinking cough and cold (second one this year) and I feel awful. You know when you have such a persitent cough you can't sleep? I feel like I have a newborn again! That feeling of complete sleep deprivation. Add to that a blinding headache, backache and rib-ache from all the coughing and you get the picture. Grrrrrr... Wish I could knock myself out with Nightnurse or something but you can't take anything like tgat when preggers! Phew... Thanks for listening ladies :)

Justjessica
February 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM
It's rubbish being ill, especially when pregnant when you can't take as much. Get well soon. Sending big hugs x

Wanting-a-girl
February 12th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Sounds like whats going around this year I got it when I was 4 weeks preg and it lasted 13 days for me I felt totally drained and the body aches were out of this world! I hope it doesn't last as long for you, feel better

weeziewoozles
February 12th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks ladies :)

NearlyDone
February 12th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hope you feel better soon x

weeziewoozles
February 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM
After stuffing my face with pancakes I had a bath so my aches are less now. If I'd not coughed throughout it would have been a real treat!

weeziewoozles
February 17th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Grrrr...still ill. Felt even worse over the last few days. I've not wanted to eat much at all! Poor baby will be wondering where all the food has gone! Today I feel marginally better so fingers crossed I'm on the mend x

Justjessica
February 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Get well soon!

bunnywabbit
February 17th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Sorry weeziewoozles, hope you're feeling better soon. Can you still take paracetamol in small amounts while BF? Maybe that and a nice hot drink (normally have peppermint tea or similar). I can't take cold remedies because of medication I'm taking, but have found manuka honey (if that can be taken while BF!) I found helps tons too. x

weeziewoozles
February 18th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Thanks ladies. I feel pathetic moaning on here about a cough etc but I'm hardly ever ill and this bug has just got me down. It's half-term this week so DS1 isn't at nursery so we've loads in the diary, catching up with people. Not sure I'm up to it though :( Tried to eat more yesterday so hopefully I'll feel stronger today. Thanks again for letting me moan x