PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed team green before then found out the next time ? Do u wish you hadnt ?

Mum23boys
February 13th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Im worried abut finding out after 3 surprises.... I think i should do what we did before and just wait so all are the same but the suspense is getting to me and im only 14 weeks

Justjessica
February 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I can't help sorry as I'm trying to do opposite. I knew for all 3 and trying for a surprise this time so I can enjoy the last half of the pregnancy (I know what i'm like. i'd just wind myself up for 20 weeks if i hear blue)and hopefully have a lovely surprise at the end. I was desperate to know for weeks till I got to my 20 week scan, then all of a sudden not knowing seemed like the best option for me. Good luck with your decision.

Mum23boys
February 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks Jessica I think we have left itthat it will be a surprise as like you i dont think i could handle hearing blue again in advance without something to relate it to as such where as once he is born if i find out that way my heart might drop for a second but then ill see him fall in love and it wont matter anymore so team green we are :-) I hope we both get our girls :-)

jennaesue
February 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM
My first was a delivery room surprise, and I then I found out with the other two. I will be finding out with this one. One surprise was enough for me.

RKT Mama
February 14th, 2013, 10:29 PM
First I found out at the birth although I was convinced he would be a girl.
Second I found out officially at 32 weeks although I guessed before that. Nobody (not even DH) know that I knew the sex.
Third time around we found out at 20 week scan and it was horrid. Spent the rest of the pregnancy sad that I wasn't getting my daughter as we were only having 3 kids. Took me a long time to bond with him.
After a long journey through IVF (failed), local adoption and international adoption ( which didn't work out) we are currently pregnant with #4. Spent many weeks debating finding out or not as I didn't want a repeat of last time. Eventually found out at 22 weeks and while the sonographer seemed to think pink, I am still sceptical. The one big factor for me this time was my arch nemesis/ boss being pregnant. I was petrified that she would get a girl and I wouldn't. Was very glad I knew because a day after my scan she did land up having a girl and while I am still annoyed, at least I know in the back of my head that I have a good chance of pink too.

ELP
February 16th, 2013, 09:47 AM
The only one we found out with was our last, and even though he was our dg it took somthing away from the pregnancy, me and dh would almost look away from each other and stumble over the word he when we talked. This time we will wait for the suprise:)

Princess of Pink
February 16th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I would rather know!! I was perfectly fine with a surprise for # 1-3, just a moment of disappointment that it wasn't a boy and I was in love. With #4 I was shattered! I was mentally planning my next attempt (I had swayed) not 2 hours after birth, took a long time to bond with her, got PPD and then months of guilt over the whole thing. #5 I found out via amnio and was devastated for a few weeks, but by the time she was born I was totally over my disappointment and just enjoyed her birth and first few months. Finding out again this time too!!