PDA

View Full Version : Passing time and analyzing symptoms

hplnvf03
February 13th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Reasons I think I am having a boy:

--way less vomiting compared to my previous pregnancy, just very nauseous, esp at night and food aversions that are starting to go away at 12 weeks

--more tired this time

--more headaches

--quicker weight gain

--hair growing faster

--different cravings--less sweets this time, more cheese and citrus and bread

--moodier this time

--we conceived on ovulation day (was charting)

--before conception, I had lots of CM (normally do not have any) and higher sex drive

--husband comes from a strong family tree of boys

--I heard more boys are conceived after miscarriages and I conceived 2 weeks after a miscarriage but I needed to move on to heal

I was on the LE diet (but off it for 2 weeks when I thought I was pregnant), no breakfast, no prenatals, baby aspirin, Zytec

I thought I had a positive OPK so we DTD on cycle day 14 after a 6 day abstain and then it was actually very positive on CD 16 and I panicked and DTD on CD 16

My husband exercises almost daily, is a big coffee drinker, is healthy. Very laid back, calm man who also spokes "special cigarettes" (I didn't though)

I've dreamed of a boy.

That's all I can think of for now.....

Love that some of you are finding out, I still have 8 weeks to go. Thinking of you all and I hope everyone is feeling well.

LO123
February 13th, 2013, 09:15 PM
It is so hard not to obsess over every little thing, I definitely am. Your timing of DTD is so similar to mine and what makes me think I am having a boy. I usually O CD16, we DTD CD15 after 6 days abstinence but I never got a positive OPK until 4 daya later so we DTD again. Total boy timing, after trying for 5 months I didn't care at the time but I do now. I will find out in 4 weeks and it will be the longest 4 weeks ever. I really hope we all hear girl.

hplnvf03
February 13th, 2013, 09:39 PM
I keep reading what Atomic says that she really does not think timing and frequency matter that much but I just worry about having 2 attempts with fresh sperm waiting. I just know it's a boy and I am trying to get excited by trying to think of a good name or by thinking of cute things boys do but I am having a hard time, I hate to admit it. I hope you and everyone else hears girl too!!!

Pearl327
February 14th, 2013, 04:15 AM
I thought that more girls are concieved after a miscarriage then boys ? I think it is the reason that a lot of boy swayers wait a while before trying again. My SIL just had a baby girl after concieving straight away after a miscarriage (no D&C - which sways even more girl) She was team green for the pregnancy and was totally convinced that she was having a boy. She even said to me a few weeks before she was due that if she had a girl she would hand it back and say that there was a mistake because she has a baby boy. She is delighted now obviously with her little pink bundle. But really just to say that there is still every chance that you get your pink princess.

NearlyDone
February 14th, 2013, 06:17 AM
After my 1st boy i really believed symptoms are different with different sexes.however this baby boy has been totally different to my other boy and swings more toward a girly pregnancy for me xx will you ne having a nt scan?

Mum23boys
February 14th, 2013, 06:52 AM
For me I think I am having a boy because - EVERYTHING is the same as the last 3 pregnancies and the scan photo is EXACTLY the same as y 3 boys scans too. Other than that Im hoping miracles do happen and we get our daughter :-)

NearlyDone
February 14th, 2013, 10:31 AM
This baby also looked more like my dd's on scan pics but i was in the 12th week like i was with the girls with my first son i was 1 day off 14 weeks so he looked different because of that rather than gender i think

hplnvf03
February 14th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Mum23boys--I feel like I hear more stories of the the same symptoms being different genders! I feel like you have a girl in there! With my pregnancies being SO different, I cannot imagine how it is girl and EVERYTHING points to a boy. I have done lots of research on various boards too and it really seems like everyone but a few were having boys right after miscarriages and Atomic said that she did not think early miscarriages swayed at all. I had one at 5 weeks. I just was so much more fertile after it--I felt different with the high sex drive and CM but I was so scared that I could not get pregnant that I decided to go for it regardless. I am not having an NT scan, just a 20 week ultrasound.

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM
did you sway hplnvf03? did you sway girl?

i swear i will be shocked if mines a boy even tho thats what i expect after three of them... i am so flipping sick i am on the bathroom floor everyday... cant even go out during the day cuase i will throw up in public :S time will tell i suppose

hplnvf03
February 14th, 2013, 12:04 PM
It was a minimal sway: LE diet (with some chicken though), no breakfast, baby aspirin, Zytec and then I messed up my abstinence sway with two attempts (one 2 days before and an attempt on O) because of OPK's. There is more info in my OP. I had a miscarriage 2 weeks prior and had been off the LE diet, on prenatals, etc.

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM
i ate chicken on the LE i had to! i feel really sick when i dont eat meat! i dont know if i did the abstinence right.... we abstained for like 30 days approx but the bd everyday for 6 days so i did both abstain and FR? how far along are you?

hplnvf03
February 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I'm 12 weeks.

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2013, 12:16 PM
i ate chicken on the LE i had to! i feel really sick when i dont eat meat! i dont know if i did the abstinence right.... we abstained for like 30 days approx but the bd everyday for 6 days so i did both abstain and FR? how far along are you?

Sorry to butt in here but for anyone reading this - NEVER abstain for more than 14 days. Very few people will be able to get pg that way and it may not be totally safe.

Atsaukina1
February 14th, 2013, 12:20 PM
thanks atomic wow 30 days is a long time. we didn't abstain here for age reasons:)

but if you abstain i thought it's supposed to be 1 shot deal otherwise they are building back up. fr is 10+ days? and attempt after that?

Atsaukina1
February 14th, 2013, 12:27 PM
For me I think I am having a boy because - EVERYTHING is the same as the last 3 pregnancies and the scan photo is EXACTLY the same as y 3 boys scans too. Other than that Im hoping miracles do happen and we get our daughter :-)

I have never had scans so can't compare those but i have carried a girl and 3 boys and my symptoms are exactly the same. nauseus but i don't throw up,tired,hb, heartbeat is the same, my 1st 2(g/b) even had same labor(same ctx,same time of night, even born couple minutes form each other years later lol) so you really really never know it could be a girl.

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 01:08 PM
it wasnt a plan to abstain that long thats just what happend cause he kept pissing me off ;) i must be lucky

Atsaukina1
February 14th, 2013, 02:07 PM
ok so you abstained but that doesn't mean he did lol you both have to do it:)

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 02:31 PM
O yea it does he literally does not jerk off lol he refuses to do it he told me when he younger he didn't like it and he would some times get off by rubbing against like a pillow I guess :s his poor poor mother.... I am very open about when I do it and there would be no reason for him to lie I don't think... When we first got together he wouldn't even allow hand jobs to be preformed on him :s so nope he abstained lol

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 02:32 PM
And he's 33 so I guess abstaining really isn't good for him

hplnvf03
February 14th, 2013, 06:50 PM
I've said this before but I really wish I did not know about swaying as an option. It makes me feel like i have some control over it and when I get a boy, I will feel like I did something wrong or not enough of something. Even the people but 100% into it and get the opposite, it sucks. You spend so much time and energy focusing on it and to possibly be disappointed. If I did not know about this, I would just figure it was based on my husbands sperm which is what i always believed was true. I just feel like it makes the disappointment worse. But then its the opposite for people who get their desired gender because they feel like they had some part in it. I don't know. I just wish I had less information/knowledge and I would just go with the flow more.

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Try not to be hard on yourself... I know what u mean though if I get a boy I will in some ways feel like a failure even tho I do know that it's not 100% to sway....

So sorry for my last post it sounds really raunchy when I read over it :s

hplnvf03
April 4th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Found out we are having a girl!

Atsaukina1
April 11th, 2013, 11:29 AM
uggg well everyone from my chiro to random people keep saying it;s a boy. as much as i wasn't even thinking about it and was just happy to be pregoo. Now with all these comments makes me realize how much I really do want this to be a girl:(