PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel movements yet?

5boysandcounting
February 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I am now 16 + 6 and still not feeling movements. It's my 6th child and I was definitely feeling movements earlier with the others. I had a scan last weekend and tech said I have an anterior placenta and that could be why? Anyone else feeling baby move yet? and does anyone have any experience with having an anterior placenta and it taking longer to feel movements?

I have just bought a Doppler which has helped so much!

Thanks

Violet_
February 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I asked about my placenta too at my last ultrasound but it's not anterior, I thought it might be also as I'm also not feeling any distinct movements. There are sometimes some very light movements that 'might' be baby but I'm not sure. Yes, I have a doppler also and think I would go crazy with concern if I didn't.

5boysandcounting
February 14th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Thanks Violet, dopplers are great aren't they? I definitely feel better being able to listen in and know all's ok when I'm not feeling any movements yet.

I too have felt a couple of light movements but to be honest it could easily be indigestion - definitely nothing certain yet, hopefully we will both be feeling baby move within a couple of weeks when they start to put more weight on x

wilma_five
February 14th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Anterior placenta and not feeling movement yet :(

NearlyDone
February 15th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Iv just started feeling very definite movements...i felt movement from 12 weeks with my last 2 so very late i assumed my placenta would be anterior but apparently its fundal...so maybe just a nice gentle child? lol

Wanting-a-girl
February 15th, 2013, 08:32 AM
um i swear to god i felt a little something last night in bed!!!! im only 11 weeks im really worried there is two as ive had a feeling there is since i got pregnant!!! find out on the 25th!

weeziewoozles
February 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I didn't feel anything until about 21/22 weeks with both boys so I'm not expecting anything soon!

5boysandcounting
February 15th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad to know its not just me that's not feeling movements yet. Seems like its normal, thats a relief!

Wanting a girl, I def felt movements that early with my last son! I asked the sonographer at the hosp if it was possible to feel movements that early and she said definitely look at the way baby is wriggling about on the screen, so def possible!

Wilma, it's rubbish having an anterior placenta isn't it. I just hope we start to feel something soon, how far along are you?

wilma_five
February 15th, 2013, 04:51 PM
18 weeks (and 1 day)!!