PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Feeling desperate for pink

purple giraffe
February 15th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hi all, I feel very assured surrounded by others who are just as desperate as I feel to have their baby. We are hoping for pink.

I wondered if anyone had the sex confirmed by amniocentesis and what stage that is done?

I'm 35 so believe I can have the test but maybe not??

We are not pregnant yet. Initially considered PGD abroad but it's too expensive. Looking to sway but overwhelmed with the info and don't know where to begin. Please help!!!!

iluvmy4sons
February 15th, 2013, 10:05 PM
You usually don't have an amnio unless they see something on an ultrasound. I just turned 36 and the only tests I got was the 12 week nuchal ultrasound and a blood test. I know the maternity 21 blood test can now tell you the gender, but I did not receive that one.

purple giraffe
April 11th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Should have added, I am in the UK. Don't know if that makes any difference x

Mrs_P
April 11th, 2013, 05:05 PM
i had a cvs test done privately at 12 weeks and they told me the gender (not cheap, it was about £500 but it does give peace of mind genetics wise, especially if age is a concern). Gender is only 98% though as there is an off chance they could take dna from you or it be contaminated by you, rather than be completely the babies (as the needle goes through your tummy first), it does also carry a risk of m/c too but then if you need a genetics test its done early and only 0.5% higher risk than an amnio that is done at 15 weeks usually in the uk (round by us they don't do it til after the 12/13 week dating scan and the blood test results are received).

If its just for sexing, you can get a private ultra sound done at 14-15 weeks for gender or if you find someone who knows the nub theory they can tell you at 12.5-13 weeks - although its not 100% accurate this early but they told me when they did my cvs test at 12 weeks this little one was little girl from the ultra sound, it was then confirmed by the test results (and i still can't believe it!)