PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to suffer GD before even conceiving

inshaallahxx
February 15th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I seriously think I'm suffering from GD before we've even started to conceive. I know I shouldn't listen to what people say but...It just feels so real, that I will never have a little girl.
Every one around me is literally having little girls or are pregnant with one.
I have even cried over it. I guess maybe it might be good so I can be over it before I even conceive.

I know I want a baby boy or girl....but I really want a girl.
I literally pray all day for her. I know it's silly to loose hope before even trying but I suppose I'm a little pessimistic. My husband has been so helpful he believes with all his heart we will have a girl but who knows? I mean it hasn't even happened.
Why do I even care right now.
I'm so frustrated with myself. I wish I didn't want a girl so bad.

iluvmy4sons
February 15th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Hugs. I know the wanting a girl so bad. I will know in 2wks if I will get to have a daughter or not.

RKT Mama
February 16th, 2013, 12:22 AM
I have to admit to similar feelings when I was swaying. Wondering why you are even bothering because its going to be the "wrong" sex anyway.

But we know its possible, these boards are full of success stories and it is just as likely to be you next as anyone else.
The question is more, how much can you handle? Hard core swaying? One, two, three more babies till you get a pink one? IVF/PGD that may not work?
GD is horrid because it consumes your whole world and makes you wish for something that seems so impossible and yet half the world seems to have.
Wishing you lots of pink dust on your journey.

inshaallahxx
February 17th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Hugs. I know the wanting a girl so bad. I will know in 2wks if I will get to have a daughter or not.

I will be praying for you that you get your baby girl!

inshaallahxx
February 17th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I have to admit to similar feelings when I was swaying. Wondering why you are even bothering because its going to be the "wrong" sex anyway.

But we know its possible, these boards are full of success stoies and it is just as likely to be you next as anyone else.
The question is more, how much can you handle? Hard core swaying? One, two, three more babies till you get a pink one? IVF/PGD that may not work?
GD is horrid because it consumes your whole world and makes you wish for something that seems so impossible and yet half the world seems to have.
Wishing you lots of pink dust on your journey.

Yes GD is all I can think about some days
I sometimes think "I know I will be the one the gets a opposite." "or I will never be that lucky."
Then I feel horrible because I am lucky. I have two boys obsessed with me and a husband in love with me. :(

I know we are going to gave two more no matter what. I know PGD is out of the question.
sigh. I just need to pray. Thank you for your support and kind words!

Adia
February 18th, 2013, 01:03 PM
GD is very real and very hard when you are or aren't pregnant. I have 3 girls, swayed in Nov, got prego and then miscarried in Dec. So defeated....

But like RKTmama said, we have as good of a chance as anyone to get our desired gender and I do believe swaying can help tip the odds.

After 3 girls and 5 years of GD I pray for peace with whatever happens as much as I pray for a boy. I would love a boy more than anything, but I know that I will get what I get and I will move on with it.

I am older and this will be my last baby so I keep telling myself to enjoy that aspect of it if its another girl as opposed to just focusing on the gender.

You are perfectly normal for your fears and dreaming of that longed for baby girl.

6bluewant1pink
February 18th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I feel like that especially knowing i have 6 boys and i am pushing it this last time with even TTC a girl, my doctor told me that because i have to have a 4th csection . I try to remain hopeful but how can i really after hearing so many times it's a boy. i will be in total shock if i am told i am actually having a girl. it could take tons and tons of ultrasounds to show it's a girl but i know i will not believe it till She is born and i actually see her for myself. I might not even believe it when i see Her i would feel like i am dreaming or something LOL.

retrolove1
February 18th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Exactly in the same boat. Have been GD for the past 5 years!

I also feel that I am not lucky enough to get what I want. I don't think swaying will help me so end up comfort eating which is all of the wrong things.

I really hope we all get the boy or girl that we all desperately want!!

6bluewant1pink
February 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM
You said it well retrolove about the comfort eating part i get like that when i get down and start to lose hope :(
I feel so bad after eating the stuff that i really should not be eating.

*ruby*
February 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I find the not knowing the worst. It's been nearly 5 years since DS2 was born and I just want to know the gender of our last baby so I can either move on with the thought of my three boys or get excited about welcoming a DD.

Everyone around me has little girls as well. Makes it so hard. :bighug:

retrolove1
February 19th, 2013, 04:36 AM
I'm the same, I think it's the not knowing if it will be another lovely boy or a pretty little girl. We arn't TTC until April but I just want to know.

I hope you get a sticky bean and it is a lovely daughter *Ruby*

xx

mariposa
February 26th, 2013, 10:01 AM
HI ladies, I´m the same, too. I´m doing my best with diet, have bought jellies, supps, have changed hundreds of times my plan...and can avoid think that nothing is for sure, that all depends of ONE sperm between millions.....I can´t stop thinking anything else. I´m TTC in may. I wish you get your dream!

Pink rose
March 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Gd is horrid we spend our days wishing for some thing we don't have, something that's way beyond our control. I hate the way it makes me feel, I hate that it never leaves me - as much as I love my sons there is not a single day goes by without me longing and wishing for a daughter. I have 2 boys and so afraid to try again incase it dosent work out.

Mrs_P
March 23rd, 2013, 03:52 PM
i had horrific gd with ds3 and i was determind not to go there again but it hit me with this one very early on - especially after i got my bfp as it felt like my last chance had gone. I wasn't prepared for how it would hit me as i spent a lot of time fighting it before ttc again but in the end i think it was the not knowing - i think and still do i could handle the outcome whatever happened (even if this little one turns out to be a boy i'd be disappointed but ok). I spent a long time separating my feelings for my boys (who are my world) from my longing for a girl and was starting to move on without her but i think once you head down that path and start to ttc those feelings are natural as its something you want so bad you actually have a chance - especially when swaying its adds to the suspense and hope.

My advice would be don't punish yourself the feelings are natural and to expected and find out as soon as you can (i have seen too many girls tourching themselves with the what ifs, whatever babe is has already been determined at conception and even if you are disappointed the peace of mind from knowing really helps and you will love your baby either way) - i found a good tech when i had my cvs test done at 12+ weeks and she sexed babe from the nub

Hopeful37
May 2nd, 2013, 02:23 AM
Yes, I feel the same way. I'm very nervous trying for a 3rd. Two kids are more then enough for me but I really want that girl. Unfortunately there are no refunds and we are so to speak " stuck" with the sex we don't want. So we all really have to do some soul searching and decide if u will be okay with getting the sex you really don't want...again.
As for me, it's a big decision to try for a third. My little one will be 3 and we are just now able to really start doing things and going places. But wanting this girl so bad, I am willing to give up another few yrs of really doing stuff or going places .

juneluv11
May 3rd, 2013, 01:21 PM
I'm in the same boat. I haven't even started and for some reason, I just feel like getting our :DS: is not in our future.
I have a feeling if we TTC we'd end up with our third girl. Sad to say, I don't want another DD.
The past few weeks, I've been really trying to find out as much as I can about having a third. (Are we financially ready?? How much would we have change our lifestyle? How would having another sister (possibly) affect my other two daughters? Shouldn't I just be happy with the 2 children I have?

Arghh!!! All of this really sucks! But, ultimately would I regret not trying?? I'm 36 and feel like my time is running out!