PDA

View Full Version : exercise!!!

Atsaukina1
February 17th, 2013, 01:15 PM
who here is trying to exercise and keep energy levels up and keep strong for labor :)
I am in 2nd tri here still extremely tired/weak but think some of that is from laying on my butt for 2m+. I have started doing a quick cardio(15min.) and another short 15min prenatal yoga. The cardio has me pretty tied as I am very out of shape and it's like 200+ jumping jacks,squats,push-ups. so I def. could only hang with the 15min at this point. Hopinh when the weather is nice to be able to get out more.

What are any of you ladies doing???

Mum23boys
February 17th, 2013, 04:22 PM
In a word NOTHING !!! I just do not have the energy and with 3 other children and a full time job i cant see me ever finding the time or energy for exercise - If i do get a free 15 mins it will be spent soaking in a nice soapy warm bath :-)
God on you though for having the willpower its just not for me.
Maybe once the weather is nicer we will go for longer walks, swimming etc but only for leisure reasons with the children not actually as a workout

cvd
February 17th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I started walking on the treadmill for 30 mins a day, it lasted about 2 weeks and now I've lost my motivation LOL.

Justjessica
February 17th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I'm not doing anything either but I keep thinking I should start. I did take my 3 and 2 year old to a soft play centre last week and I climbed up the equipment and went down the big slides like 7 or 8 times. Does that count as exercise?

Pearl327
February 17th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I go for a half hour - 40 mins walk most days, i have a dog who needs ti be walked. I do a yoga class once per week and practice myself at home at least 3 more times during the week. And I do an aqua natal class once a week. I also take DD to her toddler swim class Friday mornings (I am in the water with her for that). Occasionally I go for another swim during the weekend, but will be doing that more as I get bigger.
I just feel better in myself when I am active. I cannot seem to settle with a book when pregnant and only watch revenge and rugby on the telly.

Atsaukina1
February 17th, 2013, 06:28 PM
ooh swimming sounds nice can't wait for warm weather:)
mum23boys- yeah if i ran a daycare i would be exhausted too
cvd- good for the 2 weeks i'm on day 2 lol hope i make it a week my calves already hurt this morning lol

cvd
February 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Once the weather is nicer we will definitely be doing lots of walks, DS loves going for walks!!! Gotta love the Canadian winter, I become a total homebody lol