PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture Pulse gender determination

kaseybaby
February 17th, 2013, 09:12 PM
So I read on line that if your pulse is stronger on the right wrist of the mother then the baby is a girl, the left boy.

It is best to have an acupuncturist check, but I thought it would be fun to try on here and see how accurate it is.

According to a study, when done by professionals it has around an 80% accuracy.

Mine is stronger on the right.

hplnvf03
February 17th, 2013, 09:23 PM
My acupuncturist guessed correctly when I was pregnant with my first!

BZ88
February 18th, 2013, 01:00 PM
This does work. I had it done with my first. She even predicted twins and the fact I was pregnant before my blood test

BabyGirl4Me
February 18th, 2013, 01:03 PM
That's amazing! Do you already have to be pregnant or can they tell what you'll have when you're close to ovulation? Do all acupuncturists know this? Is it just your pulse that they use or is it other things? Very cool!

BZ88
February 18th, 2013, 01:15 PM
TCM by an experienced practitioner is very accurate. Chinese medicine philosophy was built upon the premise that you can tell what us going on inside the body by looking at clues from the outside ( this includes emotional cues. Moods etc). This is 1000s of years old and before the time when cutting open the body was done. That is correct the pulse stronger on right is girl And left is boy. I had my done before my beta I was about 6-7 days past ovulation.

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2013, 01:26 PM
~IF~ such a thing would work (and I'm skeptical) it would be because of the right side vs. left side implantation/ovulation theory, and we've had several people who had opposites - got girls with right side ovulation, boys with left sided ovulation.

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2013, 01:31 PM
TCM by an experienced practitioner is very accurate. Chinese medicine philosophy was built upon the premise that you can tell what us going on inside the body by looking at clues from the outside ( this includes emotional cues. Moods etc). This is 1000s of years old and before the time when cutting open the body was done. That is correct the pulse stronger on right is girl And left is boy. I had my done before my beta I was about 6-7 days past ovulation.

Then I don't see how it could work because right side implantantion is supposed to be a boy.

I'm not trying to be a hardass and do not discount it out of hand at all, I've had one person whose pg was confirmed by an acupuncturist by pulse when NYU Fertity Clinic was telling her she had not even ovulated using blood tests. I just don't want anyone to despair or get false hope over something that has anything less than ironclad evidence backing it up.

Love to see the study Kasey

kaseybaby
February 18th, 2013, 03:43 PM
AS I posted this more as fun, I actually think I am having another boy but my pulse says girl. It has nothing to do with ovulation but has to do with the fact in Chinese medicine the right side of the body is female energy, the left is male. The pulse they feel is a slippery pulse and sometimes can be mistaken for pregnancy am it is actually a woman staring AF. To be accurate you need an acupuncturist to feel the pulse, by I thought it would just be fun for us to try. I did read a study once that if done professionally it has a super high accuracy rate.

kaseybaby
February 18th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Sorry I just saw you ask for the study. I will try to find it tonight. I read it a whole ago so I have some searching to do :)

kaseybaby
February 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
AS, I think if you google Peng and Huang, Journal of Biosocial Science, (1999), 31, 487-503 some of the studies come up. Like I said, I read it a while ago.

And yes, I agree I wouldn't go painting the nursery a certain color, I was just posting this for fun.

daydrmbelievr
June 10th, 2014, 11:04 PM
It worked with my second son. My doc explained it using the yin and yang to differentiate between female and male, based in which wrist the pulse was more dominant.
He claimed 80% accuracy!

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I had a custom swayer who wrote to me in a bit of a huff because her sway had "failed" and went around posting about it in tons of threads (probably because I had made her stop taking all these really weird and dangerous herbs she was on and she was convinced it was all my fault ;)). Then come to find out, her method of determining her baby's gender was that an acupuncturist had taken her pulse. She was later found to be having her desired gender.

Put this one in the "just for fun" category and wait for an ultrasound.

daydrmbelievr
December 7th, 2014, 09:33 PM
This worked with me on DS2. The acupuncturist explained it to me as Yen vs. Yang, and how the sides of your body correspond with your masculine or feminine sides. I plan to go back to see mine in a couple of months to 'test' this theory again!