PDA

View Full Version : Dr P Have u ever come across women who just cant carry Girls??

welcomeggz
February 17th, 2013, 11:25 PM
We are considering PGD but sometimes seriously think we just cant carry girls.

In brief I had 2 boys no probs then we had 3 misscarriages in a row after the 2 boys (sex was never determined), then after the 3 misscarriages i had a 3rd son no problems.

In your opinion and what you have seen, do you think some women simply just cant carry girls??

willtherebe4
June 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Would be interested in reply to this. We have had similar MC / MC / DS / DS / MC / DS - so total 6 pregnancies never longer than 2 months trying, but only 3 boys to show for it :(

1+2+3boys
June 29th, 2013, 10:31 PM
I have seen one of atomics essays about this and it seems that it is just boys that some women can not carry due to more genetic disorders being passed on since there is no extra X chromosome to override them in boys. Not sure of the details though so will let the experts answer you. Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I have only had one and I can't help but wonder if that was my girl.

michaela
July 3rd, 2013, 02:42 AM
http://www.preventmiscarriage.com/Blog/2013/January/Specific-HLA-genes-linked-to-primary-and-seconda.aspx?Mobile=false

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs_Incredible
July 4th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I had ds /ds / (swaying IG style 2 x mc's) /ds - sons conceived quickly all times - ds3 conceived first month of dropping IG sway. Did wonder too if those mc's were successful swayed girls xx

atomic sagebrush
July 4th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I'm not Dr. P but I have an essay about this here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/swaying-studies-scientific-research/824-you-cant-carry-baby-gender.html

atomic sagebrush
July 4th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I have seen one of atomics essays about this and it seems that it is just boys that some women can not carry due to more genetic disorders being passed on since there is no extra X chromosome to override them in boys. Not sure of the details though so will let the experts answer you. Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I have only had one and I can't help but wonder if that was my girl.

Only half the time. All women can carry both boys and girls (based on present understanding of medical science), but there is a tiny group of women that will conceive sons with genetic abnormalities half the time due to a bum X chromosome, thorough explanation in essay I posted. :)

Dr. Potter
July 9th, 2013, 02:26 AM
We are considering PGD but sometimes seriously think we just cant carry girls.

In brief I had 2 boys no probs then we had 3 misscarriages in a row after the 2 boys (sex was never determined), then after the 3 misscarriages i had a 3rd son no problems.

In your opinion and what you have seen, do you think some women simply just cant carry girls??
No. Only a woman with a very rare translocation could fall in this category. I am not aware of one case ever being reported.