PDA

View Full Version : Anti Depressants and swaying

pinkin2011
April 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I am currently taking efexor-XR which is an anti depressant i was wanting to know do they tend to sway a gender? I have spoken to my doctor already about the risks with taking anti depressants during pregnancy which i wont be doing and also we are not going to TTC until aug. But i am just curious to know.

TTC5
April 14th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I am on Efexor to, and wander the same thing?

3Pink1Blue
April 14th, 2011, 10:52 PM
FWIW I was taking Celexa when I conceived dd#3.

TTC5
April 14th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Are you taking anything now Jen?

3Pink1Blue
April 14th, 2011, 10:56 PM
IG said they swayed girl so I went off of them a year ago. I will take them again after delivery as I've had sever ppd twice now and it's pretty much a guarantee it'll hit again.

pinkin2011
April 15th, 2011, 01:04 AM
TTC5 are you wanting to concieve a girl or a boy? Yeah i would like to know as if it can more so sway one gender i would rather stop taking it a fair while before we TTC. How long have you been taking Efexor for?

TTC5
April 15th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I am swaying for a boy..

I took Efexor in 2006 and stopped when getting a bfp with DD3. I did not take them until DD 4 was finished breastfeeding and have been on it again for around 12 months I think..
I am undergoing therapy with a great psychologist atm and am considering weaning off and seeing if the councelling can help me get off them. FX.

TTC5
April 15th, 2011, 06:27 AM
IG said they swayed girl so I went off of them a year ago. I will take them again after delivery as I've had sever ppd twice now and it's pretty much a guarantee it'll hit again.

Sounds like me Jen...

swish
April 15th, 2011, 08:13 AM
My friend was on Anti dep. And had a girl, came off them for this one and had a boy. Don't know if it's significant!

pinkin2011
April 15th, 2011, 08:23 AM
hmmm well i cant come off them yet so i will just stick to my supps aswell for now. I wounder how long they would stay in your system for when you stop taking them.

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2011, 10:53 AM
They sway pink but I know A LOT of gals who have taken them and had boys, so it's not a magic bullet.

Just a reminder that you should NEVER quit taking anti-depressants cold turkey and only do so under the guidance of your doctor!!!

Coccinelle33
April 16th, 2011, 12:47 PM
my sil took them and had 2 girls

Yuzu
April 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I was on Celexa when I conceived DS3, so I really guess it depends.:think:

queen-of-harts
April 18th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I was taking Wellbutrin and celexa when i concieved ds5

LolaInLove
April 18th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I feel like I need antidepressants now! Some sort of mood thing has hit me, which I haven't experienced before during pregnancy. I'm of course not going to start taking them while pg. Which one is ok to take while nursing? And I have a friend with 2 boys who took wellbutrin with both, fwiw.

TTC5
April 18th, 2011, 06:34 PM
They sway pink but I know A LOT of gals who have taken them and had boys, so it's not a magic bullet.

Just a reminder that you should NEVER quit taking anti-depressants cold turkey and only do so under the guidance of your doctor!!!

Totally agree!

TTC5
April 18th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I feel like I need antidepressants now! Some sort of mood thing has hit me, which I haven't experienced before during pregnancy. I'm of course not going to start taking them while pg. Which one is ok to take while nursing? And I have a friend with 2 boys who took wellbutrin with both, fwiw.

I take Efexor XR and this is considered safe during pregnancy and nursing.