PDA

View Full Version : What do Braxton hicks feel like???

cvd
February 18th, 2013, 06:50 PM
This may be a silly question.

All tonight I've been having a weird feeling in my stomach that's coming in waves. Maybe I just have a tummy ache I really don't know, could it be Braxton hicks? It's like a pain comes over my whole belly (not a lot of pain or anything but I notice it) and I feel nauseous. Then it fades away after a little. Whatever it is I wish it would stop lol and Hudson is kicking like CRAZY it's making me feel worse. I've been on the couch all night.

coocoobananas
February 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM
They shouldn't make you feel sick at all! You may have a virus... And it hasn't fully hit yet! I hope not though! I had one with my 2nd and thought I was having contractions as they were different from the bh ones. It came in waves and everything. Went to the hospital ended up throwing up and it was determined I had a bug:/

cvd
February 18th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks for you comment coocoo! Oh boo!!!! I soooo hope it's not a virus. Maybe I ate something my body doesn't like, I did have a sloppy joe for lunch at my SILs which I never eat. Just thought the waves/pain over my belly was weird!

nuthinbutpink
February 18th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Tightening that doesn't hurt like a real contraction does.

cvd
February 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Tightening that doesn't hurt like a real contraction does.

I never felt my contractions with DS1 when I was in labour so I'm kinda in the dark about those!

Wanting-a-girl
February 18th, 2013, 07:45 PM
My Braxton hicks always had cramping with them.... Is your stomach going really hard? When your havin the pain

cvd
February 18th, 2013, 08:11 PM
My Braxton hicks always had cramping with them.... Is your stomach going really hard? When your havin the pain

No it's not. I think it is just a virus. Now I feel really sick and the pain is constant. Ugh :(

nuthinbutpink
February 18th, 2013, 08:36 PM
If you are having pain, I would call the doctor if it continues for a while.

I would lie down and drink a lot of water.

Elements
February 18th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah braxton hicks just feels like your tummy going really tight. If you tense up they will hurt abit.
Sounds like you might have a bug or something

cvd
February 18th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Def a bug. I ended up sick in the washroom an hour ago and we just woke up to DS screaming cause he was sick in his crib ugh :( looks like DH will be calling in to work in the AM so he can take care of us. Thanks for answering ladies.

Justjessica
February 19th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Oh dear that's tough if you and Ryder are ill at the same time. Get well soon!

cvd
February 19th, 2013, 12:26 PM
If you are having pain, I would call the doctor if it continues for a while.

I would lie down and drink a lot of water.

Thanks - yes I drank a lot of water a d eventually fell asleep. Exhausted today and feeling queasy but the pain is gone thank goodness. Boo to stomach bugs :(

cvd
February 19th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Oh dear that's tough if you and Ryder are ill at the same time. Get well soon!

Yes it is :( he seems fine today, he's eating and drinking normally and we both were only sick once last night. I'm super tired. Def counting down the mins till nap time cause DH went to work!! Thanks for your get well!