PDA

View Full Version : Do you think of names even before you are pregnant?

boys4girls0
April 14th, 2011, 07:22 AM
As the title says do you think of names before you get a BFP? We always have a running list, esp of boys names! Have kept the girls names from each pregnancy the same. So do you ? and what names are in the running?

JustKim
April 14th, 2011, 08:45 AM
We had names picked out for our kids before we were married! We used one on my DD1 but we had planned on having a boy and had my DD2 instead. Our favorite boy name was used by a friend of mine, so that's out now. But, since we decided to ttc #3, we are on the name train again. Boys names are picked out, but no luck on girl names. Hope we get our boy! :)

xnicolax
April 14th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Yes! I had my first son's name (Dylan) picked out at the age of 11, lol. My mam hated it but at 11 she never thought I would still like it. Its still one of my favourite boys name but it is really common now. I had Lily picked out as my girls name but never got to use it until it became common. I would only pick out girls names with DS2 so DH named him (Joshua), I had DS3's picked out before I was pregnant too (Toby), but when he was born I didn't want to use it. He was called Vinnie for a while but I felt like I had changed his name and it should be Toby as it had been for months so we went back to that. With DS4, I picked Reggie before we started TTC, even though we were trying for a girl, I just loved the name and knew if my sway didn't work that would be his name :)

purplepoet20
April 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I was going to name my kids... Parrish Max, Journey James, and a mix of P, M, and O names. I wanted 8 boys when I was a kid.

Once I met hubby and thought about how kids are made fun of for some names we decided to pick family names for first and middle... Anthony, Charles, James, Thomas, Timothy, Frank, and Henry. Madeline, Hope, Lucy, Libby, Mary, Louise, Deborah, and Ashlynn. It helps a little for picking names but can be hard when you don't like a name, most names never made the list.

Both my boys were named 2-3mths before they were born.

JustKim
April 14th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I was going to name my kids... Parrish Max, Journey James, and a mix of P, M, and O names. I wanted 8 boys when I was a kid.

Once I met hubby and thought about how kids are made fun of for some names we decided to pick family names for first and middle... Anthony, Charles, James, Thomas, Timothy, Frank, and Henry. Madeline, Hope, Lucy, Libby, Mary, Louise, Deborah, and Ashlynn. It helps a little for picking names but can be hard when you don't like a name, most names never made the list.

Both my boys were named 2-3mths before they were born.

Madeline Hope is a very pretty combination, even though you have them listed separately. :)

purplepoet20
April 14th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Madeline Hope is a very pretty combination, even though you have them listed separately. :)

Those are my 2 favorite names and I will most likely use that... We wanted a family name picked from each side of our family tree but my side has names I don't like... If we had twin girls the 2nd would be Ashlynn.

puppydogstails
April 14th, 2011, 01:21 PM
yes! i am deciding on names for no3 now..we aren't even TTC for another 15 months! :rofl: We are still sticking with the same girls name picked out for no2, Holly Issabelle! I love it and so hope i get to use it! :fx: i'm already on the hunt for another boys name i love! When i was younger i was going to call my first born Kian or Kiera. Didn't end up using either.

Hobbermittens
April 14th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I honestly wanted to name my first son Huckleberry. But DH said it was weird, so we didn't do it. The other name I have loved since childhood is Jackson, but by the time I had a son, it was in the top 20, so we went with something a little less popular. I also love Gavin, but it sounds bad with my last name.

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2011, 09:09 AM
Haha, I could have named 1000 children by now. The first time I remember picking out baby names, I was only 6 years old (and no, I didn't use them, even then I thought I was going to be having a girl.)

Not only did I pick names before I was even pregnant, I STILL pick names even though I will never be pregnant again. It is really weird to think that I will never have another baby...it's like trying to shut off part of your brain that has been going for too long and it won't shut off.

Journey2dFuture
January 1st, 2012, 02:54 PM
Yes ! DH picked DD name out although i think its too similar to my sisters. My sister is Clare and DH would like Klara.
As for boys that my picking dh it not fussed but i'm having alot of trouble thinking.. I want an international name since i'm British and dh is Polish (we live in Poland) I think its going to be tough.

rainbowflower
January 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
we didn't even consider names until we reached 20 weeks... but we still have a girls name picked out for the next one and will have to think of boys names when we're expecting again!

Princess of Pink
January 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I have 2 girl names picked but no boy names. With my first child I wanted Tyson Shane...never picked a boy name with #2 at all as I honestly knew she was a girl from the bfp. #3 it was Kai Shane and #4&5 is was Rome Owen.

For a girl this time I really love Harlow Jayne or Charlee Jayne.

My existing girls names are:
Tiarni Jayde
Lexus Maree
Kyra Shayne
Paris Sierra
Sumer Rayne