PDA

View Full Version : The hardest part of my job...

NeedAGirl!
April 14th, 2011, 09:54 PM
is delivering girl babies! I am a physician who is honored to attend births. However, almost all of my patients have been having girls lately!

Yesterday, this mom had a beautiful baby girl. She already had a 2 year old boy. When this sweet pink girl was born, the mom and her sister just burst in to tears - saying "she is here, she is really here," hugging and kissing and holding her tight. She told me how they were naming her after mom's 2 sisters. You could tell this was a much wished for girl.

It is really hard to be in that moment of elation - I find myself praying desperately that that will be me next time. I feel tears welling up and I can't cry in my position. I have little flashbacks of me last time crying without being able to stop at the announcement about my suprise - "it's a boy" - and I am so sad that they were not tears of joy.

One bright spot was that I felt really happy for her. I didnt feel jaded or slighted. My best friend is pregnant too and she has 2 boys like me. We dont know what she is having yet but I actually feel hopeful she is having a girl. I think in the past, I would have worried that I would be too sad, jelous, etc.

nuthinbutpink
April 14th, 2011, 10:14 PM
That would be tough. What a wonderful thing to be a part of though! Very cool profession. I hope the site helps you to find your dream gender!

Liv
April 14th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I can imagine how hard that would be. I hope you get your girl!

My Fabulous Children
April 14th, 2011, 10:45 PM
That's so hard!!! but you know what I LOVE your attitudes and you seem like a very nice person and you so deserve to get your dream gender. I hope you get your little girl :awe:

*ruby*
April 15th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I sort of know how you feel, I'm a student midwife and even though I don't have those feelings when a baby girl is are born I have noticed that the parents, grandparents etc. are much more excited over little girls than little boys. Sad really.

Flava
April 15th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I hope you get a your little girl next! And oh yeah I would be super over excited for a little boy!!!All of us wold be in my family here!

swish
April 15th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I too feel people in general ( not all) are much more excited about the birth of a baby girl. This makes me really sad for what will probably be my boy no 3! Still it's mum and dad that count most and we won't be disappointed with another gorgeous boy like our first two! NAG, I too really hope you get your girl, GL