PDA

View Full Version : Wlll u keep going until you get your dg even if you know you shouldnt / cant afford to etc.

Mum23boys
February 27th, 2013, 04:45 PM
We were always adament that we would stop at 4 then when our 4th was actually our 4th and 5th it was exciting not scary - then we lost one and its now 4 again BUT Im thinking f we were going to cope with 2 why cant we still have a 5th where as DH is dead against it.
We dont really have the space and would have to wait 3 years until this one was at nursery before we could have another and by then i would be 37-38 so would definately be the very final baby but is it mad to just keep going because you want a certain sex ? IVF is NOT an option due to finances and also the whole thing just isnt for us.

inshaallahxx
February 27th, 2013, 05:15 PM
I always told myself that I would only have two kids but then I always assumed I would have my pigeon pair.
Now I have two boys and going to start ttc this summer for hopefully our girl. I have already decided if this ones not a girl we will try one more time but we've also decided if it is a girl will have another one no matter what! I know we can't have more than that because the house we are going to be getting is only going to be four bedroom. I have been trying to figure how will room them if I have 2 boys and 1 girl or 3 boys and 1 girl. Then I started thinking well if I had four boys would I try one more time and how would I set up the rooms? Do I wait till I'm 33 when my oldest will be 18 to try again.
I'm 25 in April right now so I have plenty of time to decide!
So honestly I'm not sure I say four is my limit but honestly I'm not sure that is completely true.

My Three Sons
February 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM
We are stopping with this one, regardless of what it is. We don't really have room for this one and finances will be tight, but there is no way we'd be able to go one more. Plus I will be 40 when this one is born.... We are also going to have to put an addition on at some point as we have 3 bedrooms now, one for DH and one for me. LOL He snores..'nuf said. The two big boys share a room and the baby is in with me. The new baby will be with me too, probably cosleeping til, well, the addition goes up.

cvd
February 27th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Noooo! I wanted this to be our last, DH thought he wanted a third but now agrees he doesn't as well! 2 is enough for us, we feel complete :) he has decided to get the snip shortly after this one is born. I will just have to be a super girly hockey mom hehe.

mommymachine
February 27th, 2013, 06:57 PM
We want a big family. Maybe 6 or 7 or 8. We don't have space or money. But we just decided love is more important to us. We want to be surrounded with life and love and laughter...always. We have two boys in one room and two kids in our room. When I'm pregnant, DS3 will move into the boys room and DD and the new baby will be with us. We do have an extra storage room that we will use in the future. It's just what's right for our hearts and for our family.

luckylass
February 27th, 2013, 07:05 PM
For us three was always the magic number. We talked about it long before we got married and sort of decided then that we wanted 3 children regardless of gender. We have already started college funds for the boys and accounts to set them up with some extra for when they leave college please God and will do the same for this little lady. I know it is not all about money and love and happiness is way more important but for us we want to be able to make their way a little easier and could not really afford to do that with more than three children.

nuthinbutpink
February 27th, 2013, 07:46 PM
I had an IVF cycle that was cancelled and then tried swaying for a couple of months and did not get pregnant. This was when we had 3 children already.

Realizing that 4 was it for us, I tried HT again and was successful. I likely would have swayed for number 4 and that would have been it for us. 4 kids is a lot. Very busy if they are involved in after school activities and on the weekends. We limit our activities because we have 4 kids.

Also, 4 kids is a lot to try and pack up and go on vacation. We can no longer fit into a hotel room so we have to book suites or houses when(if) we travel. It is very expensive to take a vacation now.

Our car could hold 5 kids if we needed it to but after that, you need special vehicles and that is just not something we wanted to do!

I admire big families. It is a lot of love but we love the heck out of each other with a family of 6 too!

I could not manage another. We all know our limits I think and we plan on paying for our kids' colleges, cars, etc. It all adds up really quickly! Just for one to play football or cheerlead here costs $400 average for a season!

Princess of Pink
February 27th, 2013, 08:31 PM
#6 is it for me regardless of gender! I originally wanted 4 kids, but had 5 in the hopes of getting a boy (3rd failed sway). I just want #6 now as I have this longing in me for one more baby, and a boy would be a bonus!!

dloui128
February 27th, 2013, 09:42 PM
If I didn't have to work I would have another 1 or 2 in a heart beat. Me and DH are only children and it sucks now that we are older so I would love to have a big family so the kids have each other. Unfortunately I have to be done now because paying for 3 kids to go to college and weddings and after school activities is gonna cost. I told DH we need to start playing the lotto and win so I could have another lol

iluvmy4sons
February 27th, 2013, 11:11 PM
This will be my last baby. I am not sure I can handle more than 5. Sean already thinks he is getting too old he is 38. I just turned 36. I will find out tomorrow morning if the baby is a girl or boy.

inshaallahxx
February 27th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Can't wait to find out

Cinss
February 28th, 2013, 02:21 AM
If this baby had been another girl we may have tried again for a boy. This one is only number 2 for me but he is number 4 for my DP, i feel like i could happily have a 3rd and not sway just have a lucky dip but DP says he has had enough and is happy to finally have his boy.

Pearl327
February 28th, 2013, 04:14 AM
I have always wanted 5 of mixed genders. Both myself and DH come from large families, I am 1 of 6 and DH is 1 of 7 and I love the madness of when everyone gets together. Also we always have someone around to call on if we need a babysitter for a few hours or need a chat or just need help with something ( luckly 7 of our sisters live close by). I think it is fantastic to be part of a family like that an even though we didn't have too many holidays growing up and most of my clothes were hand me downs from older sisters (DH is only boy in the two families) neither of us ever felt deprived.

I had a c-section with DD and hoping for a VBAC this time so that I can keep my big family dream alive.

RedCanoe
February 28th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I knew that I would not want to keep going, which is why I did IVF for #4. DS3 was a failed sway, and although we were only going to have 2-3 kids originally we decided we could have one more if it's a girl. But I needed that guarantee. If I was going to be a boy mom I would rather just have the 3 kids. We would not have tried naturally again if IVF had not worked for us. Although I have no regrets about having more kids than we originally planned, I know that I'm at my limit with 4.

But I think that each person's limit is different and each person's tolerance for an opposite is different, so it's a very personal decision for each of us. :)

jennaesue
March 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM
I am struggling with this question right now. I always wanted 4 kids. Of course, my dream family was 2 boys and 2 girls, but that is out the window now. So I'm getting the "right" number, but not the right gender composition, unfortunately.
After each kid, dh has said he was done with kids, but then he always came around (even without me nagging!) But this time, we both agreed 4 is enough. We were supposedly done after 3. But I keep thinking I have to keep going until I get my girl. :( I feel so much like something is missing. So I've started to think about a 5th. There are obviously some big problems with this idea; mainly dh is totally against it. Also, a big reason I wanted 4 was that I like even numbers - everyone has a buddy. Five would throw that off. Plus, I am supposed to get a job at some point here, most likely when ds3 goes to kindergarten. And I'm 33; I really don't want to end up in "advanced maternal age" territory. And unless we go high tech (which isn't really an option, given our money situation), I imagine it will be a fifth boy. I feel like I had a pretty good sway this time and it didn't work. I will be very upset if I end up with 5 boys. I love my boys, but if I try again and get another boy, I think that will be very hard on me.

In the pro column, we already have a minivan that seats 8, so that is not a problem. We are currently working on selling our house and are planning on building a new house with 4 or possibly even 5 bedrooms, so there would be room for another baby. I am ridiculously fertile and have very easy pregnancies and births (thus far) so I have absolutely no problem being pregnant again (in fact, I love being pregnant!).

I have vaguely been considering NOT going on the minipill 6 weeks postpartum like I have every other time and just seeing what happens. I do extended bfing, so I likely wouldn't get pregnant anyway, but I feel like if we are going to do it, I'd like it to be sooner rather than later. I just don't know.

motherofboys
April 11th, 2013, 06:34 AM
I wish I could, DH has said no more even though we planned one more and this time has been much worse and have had bad reactions from people even though its only number 4 so not a huge family and so this will have to be our last.

2lovelyboys
April 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM
I ideally wanted 3, both me and DH are 1 of 3 (DH 1 of 3 boys!), but I now find myself saying I want 4, I think it initially was a fail safe (sounds awful I know!) but now think 4 would be great. Our house currently has enough space for 4 but any more would require us to move, having 4 would need us to get bigger cars though. I love kids, both genders have always been my dream though!

hotdogz&boyz
April 11th, 2013, 11:54 AM
We always wanted four. Well, I always wanted four. DH was cool with three or four. But has no problem with four.

I did think about it before we got pregnant this time around...what I would do/feel if all four were boys (or girls, but obviously I already had boys...so that wouldn't happen! Lol). And I came to the conclusion that I would be fine. We know that four is good for so many reasons. Money, time, emotional involvement, house size, my physical health (I have a blood clotting issue and I don't know how many times we can get lucky and have uncomplicated pregnancies, it's hard on my body).

So my answer is no. I would not have a fifth simply because I wanted a specific gender. I feel it's too much pressure on the child and potentially could make things really hard in the family life department. But, I do feel its easy for me to say it now. We are getting a girl and obviously won't be facing having four boys. I did feel this way before we knew she was a girl. But I guess I'll never really know what I would have done after four boys. We do still plan a fourth. Without gender hopes.

XXdreaming
April 11th, 2013, 12:07 PM
#5 is it for us, this is my 11th pregnancy, I want off this roller coaster lol and close this chapter of my life and move on, I would love for this to be a girl but if not I will love this baby and just learn to live with the fact I will never have a daughter

xokatietatie
April 11th, 2013, 02:26 PM
This is it for us, no matter what gender we get. I always wanted a pigeon pair when I was younger. Now we have three boys and I couldn't imagine life without them. I desperately want this baby to be a girl. If it is not a girl, then that's that. Four is our max.

RKT Mama
April 11th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I always planned on 3 and thought I was done after DS3 arrived. But my GD continued so DH agreed to IVF. That failed and after looking at adoption/ fostering we swayed for #4.

I have to admit I am really struggling with the idea of having 4 kids. 31 weeks and still panicking that I am mad. Too late now though

BabyGirl4Me
April 11th, 2013, 03:15 PM
The old proverb says "Fall 7 times, get up 8." In my case, my life won't be complete until I have a daughter so I'll do whatever it takes to get her. Hopefully she's cookin' inside me right now though!

amk2013
April 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Nope. Won't keep trying. 3 has been my magic number as long as I can remember. So if this one is a boy, that's it...will have to forget my dream of a girl and be happy with what God blessed me with.
What if you tried again for a 5th and had twins? My thoughts are, if you do decide, make sure DH is 100% on board ;)

purple giraffe
April 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I always thought we'd just have the two. One of each is what we were expecting. Then our second son was born. We are going to sway pink but really, really need to finish there. Going up to 3 was a really big jump for us so we can't go above that x