PDA

View Full Version : Beco Gemini, Boba 3G, Ergo carrier ?

Mum23boys
February 28th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Which would you choose and why ? Needs to be suitable fro a shorty - Im 5 fot 2 and be suitable from newborn upwards. I love the ergo but put off by the fact they cant by on your front facing out as my 3 loved this position when about 7 months old plus with the ergo having to have the seperate newborn insert put me off a bit.
Wondering what other people think about them ? Thanks

Princess of Pink
February 28th, 2013, 02:30 PM
To be honest no SSC is good for a newborn, I always use a wrap for the first few months then break out the Boba 3G (although the Manduca has a great newborn flap thing and a great carrier). That carrier is just amazing and I love it. I'm tall, but it is so adjustable that I'm sure it would work if you are short. I find it gives the best support to baby's upper back hugging it closer to your body. Facing out is not a good position for baby and doesn't support their legs or spine. If they want to face out I would use a pouch or sling. Just my opinion though!

Mum23boys
February 28th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Thank u I never knew that about facing outwards.. Is the 3g not suitable from birth then ? I do have a freedom sling a friend gave me i could use to start with I guess f the 3g was definately worth the money

Princess of Pink
March 1st, 2013, 01:00 AM
Yes you can use it for a newborn, but it's not ideal...none of them are.

thehappypixi
March 1st, 2013, 05:17 AM
I'd vote Manduca, they're a really versatile carrier and can be used from birth. I like stretchy wraps for newborns, could you find a sling group/sling library in your area? You can go and try some out :D

Mum23boys
March 1st, 2013, 08:32 AM
How do I go about finding one of those ? Thanks

Princess of Pink
March 1st, 2013, 03:45 PM
Manduca Child and Baby Carrier (http://www.manduca-baby-carrier.eu)

And there are heaps of new ones on the UK eBay too.

purple
May 26th, 2015, 07:53 PM
You will probably find carrying a 1 year old forward facing too difficult and heavy. I used a baby bojrn with my first when he was around 5 months but it was so uncomfortable and heavy with him dangling in front of me. With my 2nd he was a much larger baby and he weighed close to twice as much at 5 months and I was comfortably carrying him around in the ergo. I used a wrap with him for the first couple of months but it was a stretchy one so I couldn't use it too long since he was so heavy, I will be looking at getting a woven wrap this time.

I didn't really like doing the back carry on the ergo but it is easier when they are older and heavier. I mostly did that when I had someone to help me get him in the right position but my friend managed to do it really easy with her daughter, it just takes some practice.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 26th, 2015, 10:28 PM
I had a moby wrap for nb phase, and I had my boba SSC already; I bought a ring sling online and it QUICKLY became my favourite, so much so that I ordered rings online and made my own out of Silk for fancy dress up days :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 26th, 2015, 10:29 PM
You will probably find carrying a 1 year old forward facing too difficult and heavy. I used a baby bojrn with my first when he was around 5 months but it was so uncomfortable and heavy with him dangling in front of me. With my 2nd he was a much larger baby and he weighed close to twice as much at 5 months and I was comfortably carrying him around in the ergo. I used a wrap with him for the first couple of months but it was a stretchy one so I couldn't use it too long since he was so heavy, I will be looking at getting a woven wrap this time.

I didn't really like doing the back carry on the ergo but it is easier when they are older and heavier. I mostly did that when I had someone to help me get him in the right position but my friend managed to do it really easy with her daughter, it just takes some practice.

I want a woven this time around too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

queen-of-harts
May 26th, 2015, 11:12 PM
I like wraps for tiny babies(Moby/woven) and my favorite ssc is Tula...a million times more comfy than Ergo.I still carry my almost three year old in a toddler Tula :)