PDA

View Full Version : Why does being sick sway girl? And can I still attempt if I'm feeling better by O?

sdmommy
April 15th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Pretty much what the title says...why does being sick sway girl? My DDs just got over a cold and I'm feeling a little run down but am on CD12 (I have long cycles so expect to ovulate sometime around CD22-28). If I don't have a fever or anything can I still attempt?! I don't think I can let a whole month pass without attempting because this diet and lifestyle (no cardio, extra salt) is awful! If I feel better by O will that be enough to attempt? Thanks!

My Fabulous Children
April 15th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Because being sick lower your pH. Attempt only if your feeling good and your pH is high. I know waiting another cycle is hard especially when you have a LONG cycle, but it's worth it :luck:.

LolaInLove
April 15th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Because being sick lower your pH. Attempt only if your feeling good and your pH is high. I know waiting another cycle is hard especially when you have a LONG cycle, but it's worth it :luck:.

:agree: I know it sucks, but if you really want the BEST shot at a boy, I'd wait also. Or maybe get on antibiotics immediately, doesn't that sway boy?

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Pretty much what the title says...why does being sick sway girl? My DDs just got over a cold and I'm feeling a little run down but am on CD12 (I have long cycles so expect to ovulate sometime around CD22-28). If I don't have a fever or anything can I still attempt?! I don't think I can let a whole month pass without attempting because this diet and lifestyle (no cardio, extra salt) is awful! If I feel better by O will that be enough to attempt? Thanks!

It's also because being sick can mess with your ovulation and screw up timing (which is irrelevant if you're not going for timing), it can dry up your CM, but also, and perhaps most importantly, because you ~may~ risk sending a signal to your body that you're run down and a girl pg has a better shot at survival.

You know, you CAN still do cardio when swaying blue, just do it in moderation. No longer than 45 minutes at a time and only 4-5 days a week, and if you focus on more muscle-building type cardio like TaeBo or Insanity, all the better.

I know Tamara tells people not to do cardio for a boy but the info about exercise originally came from me to begin with, I was the one who did the research, and I have never ever said not to do cardio for a boy.

TTC5
April 15th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I know this past cycle my cycle was out of sorts and i had a bad cold!

sdmommy
April 16th, 2011, 04:05 AM
thanks for all the info. I feel way better today, it was really a one day thing. I guess I'll keep an eye on things, my ph sucks anyway and I'm getting so discouraged. And thanks Atomic for the info about the cardio- I thought my running 4.5 miles 5xweek was partially responsible for my girls. I do bootcamp once a week but want to run again!

atomic sagebrush
April 16th, 2011, 09:39 AM
The cardio may be ~slightly~ responsible BUT if you are eating a high cal, high protein diet with a lot of good fats in it, you will be building that muscle. The bootcamp is better than running, if you did bootcamp 4 days a week rather than running that might be the best compromise.

If you do decide to start running again, DO concentrate on eating a lot of calories to compensate, esp. protein. GL!!