PDA

View Full Version : Yellow stuff in baby spit up? Help!

Hobbermittens
March 1st, 2013, 04:50 PM
My EBF 4 month old spits up all the time. This morning, there was a little yellow something in his spit up. It looked like egg yolk. It was not mucous. I am wondering if it was bile. I called the doctor's office, and they said it was nothing to worry about. But I am worrying, of course.

Has anyone else had this happen to their baby?

nuthinbutpink
March 1st, 2013, 05:10 PM
Well, if it was just partially digested, I'm sure it could have changed colors. If the doctor said it is okay, I am sure it's fine. Does he have reflux?

Hobbermittens
March 1st, 2013, 05:19 PM
The nurse said not to worry, but I don't think she consulted the doctor. I think he does have reflux, but not badly.

Wanting-a-girl
March 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Could be bile.... Which I have only seen from my kids if they have been throwing up a lot so I wouldn't think it would be comi g up in spit up

Rainbow baby
March 1st, 2013, 07:15 PM
My guess would be bile!! If it happens again or he gets flu like symptoms I would be worried he might have a bug! You could always wipe it up with something to show the doctor if it happened again!! I kept a weird poop to show mine!! Dosn't sound like you should be to worried though keep an eye on it!! :)

Rosie85
March 1st, 2013, 09:16 PM
100% sure it's bile, my second son had that too. Nothing to worry about unless it gets excessive or also has blood.

Hobbermittens
March 2nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
100% sure it's bile, my second son had that too. Nothing to worry about unless it gets excessive or also has blood.

It happened again this morning, but a smaller amount. Rosie, how old was your son and how often did it happen? Did he grow out of it?