PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll Call New Sticky!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Butterfly Spirit
March 1st, 2013, 02:05 AM
I am very proud to announce the safe arrival of my dear friend
HBP's little

http://www.gigaglitters.com/created/xZgHCVcOZr.gif (http://www.gigaglitters.com/)

She is here! Welcome to the world sweet little baby girl!

TT_3814
March 1st, 2013, 02:22 AM
Happy birthday, Willow Rose!! :D Congrats HBP!!!

Mrshonyez~ Hope you're feeling better and glad it wasn't the tea causing it. xx

Got a cerclage removal date!! :) 3/14/13.. My peri found that I have funneled though, not 100% sure when it happened but it might have started sometime last week. He's not too concerned, since I've made it to almost 33 weeks, the funnel hasnt reached my stitch yet and I still have 2.9cm of closed cervix left. One week of bed rest left, according to his advice but I'm still going to take it easy after the stitch is out to keep baby baking as long as possible.

Bimby
March 1st, 2013, 02:38 AM
Oh congratulations HBP and Happy Birthday Willow Rose! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about the birth xx
TT that's exciting!! 2 more weeks but hopefully as you say bubs stays put for a lil longer then that x

I'm so excited for the upcoming babies!! I cant wait for may though :)

Tiffani3
March 1st, 2013, 03:22 AM
Congratulations hbp and welcome to the world willow rose. I hope it all went well and your both doing ok lots of love xx
Thank you butterfly for letting us know :)

Cinss
March 1st, 2013, 03:30 AM
Our Due Date Group List

February

Coocoobananas - He arrived Feb 3

March

Homebirthing Princess - Due March 7 - She arrived March 1
Foxymrsg - Due March 8 - He arrived March 11th
baby2ontheway - Due March 10 -
sbmommy - Due March 12 -
Janie - Due March 13 -
_proudmommyx2 - Due March 13 -
Tiffany12345 - Due March 17 -
Luckylass - Due March 17 - She arrived March 11
Mrshoneyz - Due March 26 - He arrived March 29
Sunshiner - Due March 26 -

April

Tiffani3 - Due April 2 - He arrived March 30
Rosie85- Due April 4 to 8 - He arrived April 9
ynwa - Due April 8 - She arrived April 8
NeedPink - Due April 9 -
TT_3814 - Due April 11 - He arrived April 9
Grace - Due April 11 - He arrived Feb 22
MummyPink - Due April 13 - He arrived April 17
HaleyR - Due April 15 -
Wishing4Pink - Due April 17 -
NCBeachyGrl - Due April 19 - He arrived April 2nd
Nes - Due April 22 -
Winngrin - Due April 25 - He arrived April 29
ThreeMenAndALady - Due April 29 - He arrived April 30
Babydust- Due April 29 - She arrived April 21

May

3girlsinarow - Due May 1 -
Cherubrock - Due May 7 -
Bimby - Due May 10 - She arrived May 10
jheitz77 - Due May 14 - He arrived April 26
Funwithfive - Due May 14 - She arrived May 2
Jark22 - Due May 15 - He arrived May 8
Cinss - Due May 15 - He arrived May 8
Hotdogz&boyz - Due May 16 - She arrived May 9
Life In Pink - Due May 20 -
Cvd - Due May 22 - He arrived May 22
Mae - Due May 23 -
Shellebell - Due May 23 -
Lassie1982 - Due May 24 - He arrived May 22
Brandles - Due May 25 -
Spinningmadly - Due May 27 - She went to Heaven Dec 18
Suregena - Due May 28 - She arrived May 31
Genieinabottle - Due May 31 -

luckylass
March 1st, 2013, 05:56 AM
Ah congrats HBP and welcome baby willow. :) So delighted for the whole family.

Winngrin
March 1st, 2013, 10:21 AM
Congratulations Hbp!!!! So happy for you. Can't wait to see pictures of your little GIRL!!!!

TT, wow that's only 2 weeks away, I'll be waiting anxiously to see how you do. My cervix was at 3.2 at 28 and 30 weeks and my OB was happy with that and hasn't checked again. I haven't been on any bed rest but am supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible. Are they removing it in the office or the hospital? Did they tell you to pack a bag in case you go right into labor?

hotdogz&boyz
March 1st, 2013, 12:45 PM
Yay!!! Welcome to the world Willow! What a great day to be born :) So many congrats to mommy and family!!

I had my 28-week appt today and all is well. I passed my diabetes test "with flying colors" and the doc said my blood work was "rock solid." Apparently back-to-back pregnancies don't bother me! Lol. We checked on baby because I have noticed some decreased movement the past couple days and it was concerning me a little. She is usually a nutball in there. But all is well...blood flow looks great (an issue that could be related to my blood clotting issue), baby is measuring a tiny bit small, but is still in the 33rd percentile for her gestational age. She was estimated at 2lbs, 8oz today. My fluid is good, a 17 (between 10 and 20 is good). And she is very much still a girl. So good news all around. Minus the 30lb weight gain...but we are pretending that isn't happening :D

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM
Congrats hbp!!! Can't wait to see some pics of Willow. Great way to start our first due date month.

homebirthing princess
March 1st, 2013, 02:43 PM
Thank u ladies :) I can't believe she's here! Willow was born 1st march (day b4 her due date) at 3.15am weighing 7.15lbs my biggest baby so far! I will post my birth story soon as I can but thought I'd share a pic of my precious little girl with you all....

Tiffani3
March 1st, 2013, 03:09 PM
Well done sweetie she is beautiful congratulations again xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 1st, 2013, 03:15 PM
I'm not a cannibal, but I really could eat her up. She's beautiful!!!

suregena
March 1st, 2013, 04:04 PM
Congratulations HBP! <3 <3 <3 HELLO WILLOW! Willow's UNITE!

So glad it happened sooner than later for you. :) Can't wait to read about your birth... hope all went smoothly!

suregena
March 1st, 2013, 04:36 PM
P.S. She's beautiful! I made my comment before seeing that you posted a photo!

suregena
March 1st, 2013, 05:11 PM
HBP... I know you're REAL busy right now, in the best way possible ;) <3 , but are you on facebook? :)

ynwa
March 1st, 2013, 05:33 PM
Thank u ladies :) I can't believe she's here! Willow was born 1st march (day b4 her due date) at 3.15am weighing 7.15lbs my biggest baby so far! I will post my birth story soon as I can but thought I'd share a pic of my precious little girl with you all....
Oh my she is b e a utiful:.)

luckylass
March 1st, 2013, 06:05 PM
She is beautiful HBP, you could look at that pretty little face all day. :)

Bimby
March 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM
Oh look at those sweet lips!!! She is adorable HBP, Im so very happy for you x

TT_3814
March 1st, 2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks Bimby! :)

Winn~ That's a great length! Is your doctor planning to check you again or was 30 weeks your last cervix check? If it were up to my perinatologist, I wouldn't have been on bed rest either but he admits for me, I made the right decision. The plan is an in office removal. He didn't say anything to me about that but it is a good idea to come prepared, and I will. :)

Winngrin
March 1st, 2013, 09:19 PM
TT, I'm not sure if my cervix will be checked again. I have a growth scan at 34 weeks so maybe it will be checked then.

Hbp, Willow is beautiful!!!

Rosie85
March 1st, 2013, 09:22 PM
Congrats hbp! Wow! She is beautiful, love the blanket and hat!

TT_3814
March 1st, 2013, 10:16 PM
Couldn't see her picture before.. She's perfect, HBP!!! Such a sweet face, congrats again and enjoy all those newborn cuddles with her. :HH:

Winn~ Ok, just a couple of weeks til your appointment then. Keep me posted! :)

Wishing4Pink
March 1st, 2013, 11:37 PM
Huge congratulations to you Hbp!!! I'm glad she didn't keep you waiting too much longer. Willow is certainly a gorgeous little girl. :cheer:

How are the boys finding their little sister? Hope all's well with you, do you believe now?!? lol xxx

Lassie1982
March 2nd, 2013, 04:32 AM
Congrats HBP she is absoluetly adorable xoxo

nuthinbutpink
March 2nd, 2013, 06:47 AM
You guys are fab posters but with over 600 pages, I think it may be best to start a new thread!

Bimby
March 2nd, 2013, 06:48 AM
All going to plan I have 10 weeks left today... tic toc tic toc tic toc... Easter is only 4 weeks away so I'll focus on that first I think :)

I am so looking forward to seeing these beautiful babies that are on the horizon! I hope everyone is as well as they can be in the final stretch, big belly rubs and healthy baby vibes being sent to you all xoxox

jark22
March 2nd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Congratulations HBP! And welcome to the world little Willow :)

Rosie85
March 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
My oldest is getting excited, he keeps saying Easter is coming and then his new baby. He has a countdown going on! I am soo excited to see them with their brother. My husband was saying how lucky they are because two brothers are better than one, ya know in case they don't all get along! Haha. I think he is right. Dh and his brother didn't get along at all and I think he wishes he had had another brother.

Trying to get motivated to set up for teddy now that it's warming up outside but I'm not finding my groove at all. I don't even have baby clothes washed or a crib set up. I need to pull out my pump ad clean, sanitize or buy new pieces for it still too. Ugh, anyone else not wanting to get ready? I hope I'm not avoiding due to his gender subconsciousally...I hope I'm just being lazy!

mrshonyez
March 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks ladies, I've been feeling a lot better since then.

Huge congratulations HBP!! She is a doll! I bet you are just on cloud nine :))

That's so crazy that we're over 600 pages, and still have a ways to go with babies being born!!

hotdogz&boyz
March 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
^^My thoughts exactly! Lol. Holy cow...we "only" have three babies (I think, if I counted right). This sucker is gonna be over 1000 pages by the time my babe makes her appearance (I believe I am one of the last to be due, last week of May). But it's great!

Sweet, squishy little Willow face!! Oh my heart. She is a little doll. So many congrats. I hope everyone is settling in nicely and you are getting all kinds of newborn snuggles.

So, I have been having crazy, wild birth dreams lately. I dreamed my daughter was 11lbs at birth and was the Antichrist. I dreamed she stretched my skin so far that she actually came out of my belly button and was still attached with the cord when we went to the hospital. I dreamed she was premature and I couldn't see her in NICU but once every 6 hours for 10 minutes. Holy cow...apparently I have some hidden fears ;)

But I feel ya on the procrastinating on getting ready. I was all about it for a while and have majorly slowed down now. But I think, for me, it's because I still feel like I have a long, long time left. I feel if I get stuff done now that I will be looking at for weeks and weeks and get more irritated for wanting baby here. So I have my own issues with it. I would guess you are just a bit tired from chasing two other children (haha, I know I am) and it is making you less motivated to get stuff done. It will happen before he gets here!

luckylass
March 2nd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Hi ladies hope your all keeping well and can't believe it is our groups turn for babies to start arriving. Still have another two weeks left this end and beginning to feel very sore and slow altogether.

Rosie I adore the name Teddy and every time you mention your little baby I just imagine the cutest cuddliest little man that is on the way.

Mrshonyez delighted to hear you are feeling better and hope the raspberry leaf tea works for you. I started taking the tablets during the week, sure worth a try.

Hotdogz those are mad dreams and I am sure your little lady won't be that big. Hope you are keeping well.

Everyone else hope you are all well, rushing off to put the boys to bed now (well more waddling) but will be back later.

TT_3814
March 2nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
That is a lot of pages.. Thanks for starting a new thread, nuthinbutpink. :)

I had the I gave birth to a toddler dream not too long ago, can't remember if it has any meaning or not but it sure was... interesting lol. Before that, it was an unassisted homebirth of a 25 weeker. He had all the characteristics of a term baby, just really tiny. Gotta love pregnancy dreams! ;)

The kids are looking forward to Easter, Wrestlemania 29 and then the baby. Lots of countdowns in our house. :)

Bimby
March 2nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Rosie Im not organised either, well I mean I have everything mostly but its not washed/cleaned and the nursery needs to be painted before I do anything else and not sure when that's happening. I need to buy a chest of drawers to put the clothes in once washed and we also need to put hanging rods in the wardrobe and sheliving up too. Oh and get the cot out of the garage and clean it up. I have alot to do and it's driving me crazy as Im really going through a nesting phaze atm but I cant do the baby things so every other room seems to be getting a major clean out to curb the nesting lol Im sure I'll still be waiting at 35 weeks too :) I also love hearing you say Teddy, it really is such a cute name and I cant wait to put a face to the name!!

MrsHonyez so glad you are feeling better, love your recent bump pic too, you look amazing!

2 weeks is nothing LL!! Although Im sure it feels like an eternity to you right now. Im finding it extremely difficult to move around now and cannot imagine how I'll be in 8 weeks time! My pelvis is really suffering now and everytime I get up Im very wonky - Dh thinks it's hilarious... i dont lol

Cinss
March 2nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Just letting you gals know that i put our list on the first page of this new thread, its post number 5 for all of us stalkers ;)

homebirthing princess
March 3rd, 2013, 01:04 AM
Thank you ladies :) I can't believe she's here she's so perfect and such a good calm little thing, the boys adore her though I think ds2 is finding it difficult bless him! I have to say though I feel exactly the same love for her as I do for my boys, gender doesn't even come in to it :) changing her nappy takes some getting used to though as u feel that I may hurt her where as with boys u can be less gentle iykwim? She's feeding well and enjoying lots of cuddles, I love watching dh with her he's such a good daddy and I can tell she is going to be so spoilt by him :)
Thank u ladies for all your support over the last 9mths u are all wonderful! Can't wait to see all your bubbas being born :)

homebirthing princess
March 3rd, 2013, 01:11 AM
Oh and one of her in her pram for the 1st time....I loved pushing that around I got lots of ppl comments about how lovely it was :)

suregena
March 3rd, 2013, 06:10 AM
How old is your ds2? I'm hoping my son transitions from being an only to a sibling. He seems excited about 'baby sister' though I don't know that he comprehends what that will mean once she's here. He doesn't ever seem like a jealous type but I do wonder what his reaction will be to her constantly nursing, which used to be him up until mid December (when he self weaned.)

Regardless of sex, what was the adjustments your firstborns had to go through and overcome with the second born?

And HBP, I've totally already had to say to my husband, "Please remember with a girl you have to wipe front to back! FRONT TO BACK!!!" Hahah. I'm nervous about changing a girl! :P

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 3rd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Suregena, all of my kids are less than 2 years apart. They adjusted very easily to another baby coming into the house. For me, having them closer made it easier to have more.

Bimby
March 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Oh HBP she is a doll!!! So perfect :) And she looks beautiful and cosy in her new pram. So happy you are doing well, look forward to hearing all about her birth story when you get a chance. Enjoy your beautiful baby xx

mrshonyez
March 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
Thank you bimby!!
Oh my gosh HBP, she is gorgeous!!! Just beautiful!

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Pretty pretty pretty baby!!! :heart:

TT_3814
March 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
So adorable!!!! :D

DS1 was pretty oblivious at first, but was very unhappy when I ended up in the hospital at one point in my pregnancy. Once his brother was born, he tried to kick him but DH had seen it coming and stopped him. It took a few weeks but he got used to him, by the time DS2 was mobile they started clashing and have since. They were 7 and 5 when we had DS3, no issues just excited they had a new brother. All of them are just as eager for this sibling too. :)

hotdogz&boyz
March 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
My big guy was 22 months when my little guy came along. I did anticipate some problems, since my big guy was a mamas boy and really relied heavily on me to get his needs met. I tried to shift some over to DH before baby got here, with moderate success.

But it really wasn't as bad as thought it would be. I found going from one to two kids pretty easy. My big guy was intimidated by the baby for about a week. He actually avoided me when I nursed, wouldn't really go near the baby. But he was fine with him otherwise. We had some minor acting out, but just attention stuff and I made sure to try and spend as much of the baby's naptimes and calm times with my older one as possible. Really, by a month in we were back to "normal" and had something of a routine set up. I do remember being really concerned about his adjustment and then realizing it wasn't anything like I thought it would be.

I am, once again, a bit concerned about my youngest child's adjustment. He is even more of a mamas boy than my older guy, so I am wondering if we will have jealousy issues. But I am sure we will adapt. He will be 19 months when baby comes along, so I don't know if the closer gap will matter at all. I know my big guy will be fine, he is so excited for the baby and I think it will be a good age gap between those two. Not to mention he has already been through this once and I think does sort of understand what's in store, even if he doesn't remember it.

Otis will be fine :)

suregena
March 3rd, 2013, 05:05 PM
Good to hear! :) I'm just worried he'll feel a bit... disconnected, though I'll do my best to try to keep him connected. He is a complete momma's boy for sure.

Cinss
March 3rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
DD seems to understand that she is going to have a little brother soon, we talk about him often and she feels him kicking. I bought her a new booster seat and asked if it would be ok to give her little brother the one she uses because it is smaller and he will be a baby, she was only too happy to pass it down, and now she quite often offers old toys etc, for the baby when he comes. The only thing i think we will have trouble with is the sleeping arrangements, because she has been coming into our bed recently and there is not enough room now with my big belly, we moved her toddler bed next to our bed and it has been great having her right there, but when baby comes we are going to have to put the cot there instead and put her back in her room. We have talked about it and she doesn't really like that idea, she offered to go on Daddys side, but there is not enough room.

Rosie85
March 3rd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Ahhh! Ladies I have such a bad cold, this sinus pain is really getting to me. I just want to go to bed! Ok rant over :-)

Bimby
March 3rd, 2013, 11:23 PM
Sorry to hear Rosie, rant away hun! Sinus pain SUCKS!!!!

luckylass
March 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Rosie sorry to hear about your sinus pain, it is awful. Hope it clears soon.

Suregena my eldest is the very same age as your little man I think (Jan 2010 baby?) and he wasn't so sure about a new baby when we started talking about it. He kept saying about his younger brother "but sure mammy we like ds2 and he's a baby so we don't want another one". We started by telling him that she would bring him a present when she arrived which started to peak his interest, then told him how she would have presents for birthdays and Christmas he could play with too and share. This started to really win him over so we then started showing him little pink dodi's or outfits and he would peak up saying is that for my baby sister and he is eventually getting a bit excited while ds2 has no clue what is going on lol.

Now dh in the other hand is starting to panick. He always said he would love two boys and a girl and in that order and now that is what we are having he is panicking and wondering what he will do with a girl as he knows how to handle boys. Think he is worried she will break or something and I don't know how to put his mind at ease.

suregena
March 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Yes - Jan 2010 baby. :)

He seems 'excited' but not sure how that will translate when there is an actual baby here!

I've noticed he has been really pointing out "genders" lately. Completely out of nowhere (not sure where it came from?) He'll say, "I'm a boy! Momma's a girl. Daddy's a boy." but then he likes to reverse the roles for comedic effect "I'm a girl. heeheheheh"

I think it will hit home when she's here and I change her diaper. Then the questions will really start coming!

luckylass
March 4th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Lol I bet that is when the questions will start. Ds1 is the same this end, always going on about how he ds2 and daddy are boys and I am a girl. Not sure if he means it in a good or bad way lol :)

hotdogz&boyz
March 4th, 2013, 01:38 PM
^^I think it's a normal age thing to start noticing the difference between boys and girls at this stage. Even without the physical details, this is generally when kids start to notice girls wear dresses and like "dolls" and boys like tools and have short hair, KWIM? Or that mommy has boobs and daddy doesn't, etc. Of course, when baby gets here with different parts than his own, I am sure some questions will come into play. But even kids not getting a new baby at this age will start the "mommy is a girl, I am a boy, etc". We have been in this stage for about six months, L loves to identify the girls and boys and such. We haven't gone too far into the physical differences, since he doesn't ask much. But he will point out who is a girl, who is a boy, etc. He is a bit older than your two boys (he is Oct 2009).

Bimby
March 5th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Ugh, I just over ate.......... feel so sick now blagh.....

Anyway aside from that, how are our ladies feeling who are due in a few weeks???? Excited, nervous, ready??? Any niggles that might mean bubs may make an earlier appearance?? Who is next??

luckylass
March 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Don't have a clue who is next Bimby but I have 12 days to go and am getting PLENTY of niggles but not sure if it means anything. I know I am not overdue but went at 38wks on ds1 and 37wks on ds2 so feel overdue already.

suregena
March 5th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I had my 28 week appointment with the midwife today and it's the first time she's measured my bump. I'm measuring 30 weeks. :( That doesn't mean this baby will be massive, does it?

Rosie85
March 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM
So exciting lucky! Hope baby girl comes soon for you!

I still have a few weeks to go and no sign he will come early which is more than fine for me. It has begun to hurt more just having a baby in there and I can tell he is getting lower due to major pressure. I am still so behind though that he needs to stay for another 3 weeks minimum!

I had a dream last night about him though, I had woken and turned over in bed..in my dream...and he was laying there sleeping with us and boy was he gorgeous! Had the cutest little nose and he was snoring very lightly curled towards his daddy. Pretty much how our other two boys slept as well, my heart was so melty and mushy when I woke!

On opposite spectrums I am starting to dread the pain of labor and healing, almost panicky about it. I am doing my best to prepare but it's still making my stomach sick. I was planning on making maxi pads soaked in witch hazel and then throw them in the freezer, buying the dermoplast spray and a new box of Epsom salts. Anything else I can use for pain and healing down below?

luckylass
March 5th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Rosie that is a lovely dream to have, I bet your little boy will be the most handsome cutest little baby and really look so forward to seeing a picture of him. I am a bit the same as you and since I know what to expect with labour am beginning to dread it a bit more. I am so uncomfortable at the moment and when I get bad pressure I think to myself, Oh another labour to get through but my God is it amazing how quickly you froget just how bad it is when they hand you your little one. When I was handed both of my boys I seemed to blank a lot of it out. DH reckons it's some sort of amnesia that mums get so they will have more than one lol.

Suregena I wouldn't be worried to be honest. I am always massive but babies are not massive.

Rosie85
March 5th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Yup the amnesia is so we have more, haha! It always comes back in memory as labor comes upon you...yuck! I just remember how awful the episiotomy pain was, omg.

Surgena, no bump size is not generally an indication of baby being huge. I know sooo many moms who were induced because they thought their babies were going to be huge and they weren't! Not even close actually.... It is sooo hard for docs to get an accurate estimate. It's rare to have one baby a ton bigger than your others so I wouldn't worry. If anything you may go early, my cousins wife was measuring 3 weeks ahead and she gave birth almost 3 weeks early as well.

hotdogz&boyz
March 5th, 2013, 04:09 PM
^^Yeah,I wouldn't worry about an external measurement. They are notoriously wrong. So many factors..like water levels, baby position, torso length, etc, etc. If they were worried, they would order a sono and do a guesstimate of size that is a bit more accurate (although still not terribly indicative of a true size). I measured big with both boys. Yea, they were good size, but not so big that I was worried or anything (DS2 woulda been around 10lbs if he was full term). And by "big" I mean 4-5 weeks ahead. I think I am measuring a week ahead externally right now...but my sono on Friday showed she is actually a couple days smaller than gestation and in the 33rd percentile. So clearly not that big :)

I think I have mentioned my horrid fear of labor. So I am not really a good person to ask about how to not panic! Lol. It scares me greatly. But I know I can handle it! And everyone else can too. But I hate how anxious it makes me. Some days I just want to have an epi so I can not dread pushing.

Bimby
March 5th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Suregena Im measuring 5 weeks ahead but aparently bubs tummy is a few days behind (not sure what the rest of her is like though as that wasnt measured) My Ob said it was because of fluid and bubs position in the womb so dont stress about size. My bubs were all around 9lb so I was expecting the same given my size but so far it doesnt appear so..

Luckylass I am so excited for you hun!! Cant wait to meet the newest GD baby :)

Rosie that is a beautiful dream hun, not sure about what else you can take for labour, just try and think positive hun, it is a wonderful joy you get meeting your new baby so try and focus on that part if you can :)

Cinss
March 5th, 2013, 06:39 PM
This is our list for March -

Foxymrsg - Due March 8 -
baby2ontheway - Due March 10 -
sbmommy - Due March 12 -
Janie - Due March 13 -
_proudmommyx2 - Due March 13 -
Tiffany12345 - Due March 17 -
Luckylass - Due March 17 -
Mrshoneyz - Due March 26 -
Sunshiner - Due March 26 -

Looks like a few of the ladies dont post much, but hopefully they drop in to let us know when they have their babies!

I read a post on here about HypnoBirthing, started by Elements and read her birth story and then had a look around on youtube at other "HypnoBirthers" and i am really interested about it, i actually ordered the book that Elements linked and have just read the first half last night. I must say it is really interesting, basically saying that women have and can have relatively pain free births naturally if you learn the techniques of self hypnosis and relaxation and breathing. I am no expert on the subject but worth a look if you are getting nervous about labour or have had bad labours in the past.

mrshonyez
March 6th, 2013, 12:31 AM
That sounds like a wonderful dream Rosie! And sorry you were having the sinus stuff... I hope you feel better now! I'm panicking about labor too. It kinda makes me think of the dentist though. I freak out up until its over, then I realize I shouldn't have been worried lol.
So I had my 36 week checkup today, and I'm 2cm right now! Also, my doctor recommended induction with my history of rapid labor, so he will be here March 26th if he doesn't come on his own before then!!! That's 21 days! I'm nervous, but excited too.

Bimby
March 6th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Oh my goodness that is so close! Just in time for Easter :) Very exciting times YAY!!

mrshonyez
March 6th, 2013, 01:26 AM
I had completely forgotten about him being here in time for Easter, until my friend mentioned it! I'm so excited!! And her and my babies will be exactly 2 weeks apart if mine doesn't come early!

Cinss
March 6th, 2013, 02:10 AM
That sounds like a wonderful dream Rosie! And sorry you were having the sinus stuff... I hope you feel better now! I'm panicking about labor too. It kinda makes me think of the dentist though. I freak out up until its over, then I realize I shouldn't have been worried lol.
So I had my 36 week checkup today, and I'm 2cm right now! Also, my doctor recommended induction with my history of rapid labor, so he will be here March 26th if he doesn't come on his own before then!!! That's 21 days! I'm nervous, but excited too.

That is exciting... I changed your date in the list to March 26 :)

mrshonyez
March 6th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Thank you Cinss :)
I feel so much more relaxed about it all now. I don't worry about not making it to the hospital in time anymore, or whether or not my husband will make it back for the birth. I feel a lot calmer!

Tiffani3
March 6th, 2013, 03:10 AM
How exciting mrshonyez, do you have everything ready?

Such a lovely dream Rosie I wish I was having dreams about this little one but haven't had any. I had loads with ds3.

Xx

Butterfly Spirit
March 6th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Don't have a clue who is next Bimby but I have 12 days to go and am getting PLENTY of niggles but not sure if it means anything. I know I am not overdue but went at 38wks on ds1 and 37wks on ds2 so feel overdue already.

I think it's SO neat that your name is: LuckyLass
Your avatar is: Good Luck Bear
You are carrying your DD
And you are due this month in March!

What are the odds!? ;)

hotdogz&boyz
March 6th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Hypnobabies is such interesting stuff. But it puts me to sleep. Hahaha.

I love the dentist analogy. I think I'll be remembering that from now on. It really is just like that. Brilliant!

And yay for a little one coming so soon. I truly am still in shock that we will have a whole hoard of babies in here soon.

How are our babies doing right now? Everyone eating? Sleeping? Being adorable? I would love to hear how our newest members are faring! Updates please :)

Bimby
March 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Oh me too!! I want to see how our new mummy's are and how the older kids are handling the newest little members to the family :)

homebirthing princess
March 6th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Hi ladies, messaging whilst my booby monster has her midnight feed :) all is well with us still can't believe she's here, she's doing really well and is a very hungry little thing, I'm shattered as it seems she never sleeps at night bless her.. think u forget the tiredness so ladies my advice...where possible beings as your alll prob uncomfortable right now is to get as much sleep as possible b4 your bubbas come :) wish I had of! The boys adore her and the first thing ds1 does after sch if daddy picks him up is run in the house shouting where's willow, apparently he talks about her at sch too, and ds2 just wants to hold her constantly :)

Can I just add willow was my 2nd hypno birth and as with my 1st I felt no 'pain' of the contractions just pressure I felt her being born but the hypno made me concentrate and keep controlled, my midwife couldn't believe I was in Labour! Please all who are interested do it it is amazing, I did the Marie mongan hypno!

Has any1 heard from mummypink? I've noticed she hasn't posted in a while!
Good luck ladies hope to see somemore bubbas soon xx

Winngrin
March 7th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Hmm, I'll have to go read about hypnobirthing now!

Bimby
March 7th, 2013, 12:15 AM
I was also wondering about mummypink and also Jark?? I know Jark needed some space but hoping all is ok.
My sister used hypnobirthing for her son. She ended up requiring a C/S but she got to 9cm with the hypnobirthing and swears by it.

HBP glad you reminded me about the sleep thing, I often hear myself complaining how far away things seem but I know it will all be a distant blur and I will be craving the sleep I am getting now Once she is here so thank you for your timely reminder :) Im so happy things are going well and your birth sounds lovely too. I cant wait to see more pics of our new babies x

mummypink
March 7th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Hi lovely ladies, sorry I've not been on for ages I've been super busy and don't seem to have a second to get anything done at the moment.

HBP - Huge congrats on your beautiful princess!!! :D xxx

I've not had chance to read all the posts I've missed but hope everyone is ok.

I'm feeling a bit more organised but need to get my hospital bag and things sorted out this week. I keep getting a lot of pressure and pains that make me worry labour is going to start soon, really don't want this little man to come early! Hope he can wait until my mum comes over which isn't until a day before my due date so cutting it close eeekkk!!
I'm not worried about labour, I'm just worried about what we will do with the boys if I go into labour before she is here. We have a couple of friends who have offered to help out but obviously you can't guarantee they aren't going to be at work or something when the time comes. My labours were pretty fast with my first two and as we have about an hour to get to the hospital I'm just hoping we can get there in time!

I used hypno birthing techniques with my first two and swear by it, I just listen to a CD prior to labour. I didn't have any other form of pain relief other than acupuncture. xx

Brandles
March 7th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Congrats HBP!! Willow is absolutely beautiful!!!

I can't believe if this baby goes to term I have 6 more OB appts left. Wow... What a reality check that is for me. I'm still so not ready. Anyone else not ready?

Rosie85
March 7th, 2013, 10:56 PM
So this hypnobirthing thing...do I have to read a book to prepare? Can I just start listening to a cd and practicing breathing? I only have 4 weeks or so....so take time reading or start some sort of practice breathing immediatley?

Cinss
March 7th, 2013, 11:07 PM
So this hypnobirthing thing...do I have to read a book to prepare? Can I just start listening to a cd and practicing breathing? I only have 4 weeks or so....so take time reading or start some sort of practice breathing immediatley?

I got the book titled "HypnoBirthing, The Mongan Method" which i have nearly finished reading, then i will be practicing the techniques over and over until it becomes easy. Check your library or bookstores and get a copy asap. There are also lots of videos on youtube that you can learn from.

mrshonyez
March 8th, 2013, 12:15 AM
How exciting mrshonyez, do you have everything ready?

Such a lovely dream Rosie I wish I was having dreams about this little one but haven't had any. I had loads with ds3.

Xx

I think I have everything ready... I have my hospital bag packed minus the daily essentials I use, all his clothes washed and hung, pretty much all I have to do is pull out the swing and clean it, and set up the bouncer I got! I also plan to install the car seat in the next few days (probably after this big winter storm that is supposed to hit!). I can't believe how soon it is coming up though! Maybe I should read into the hypnobirthing stuff too...

Tiffani3
March 8th, 2013, 02:43 AM
I got the book titled "HypnoBirthing, The Mongan Method" which i have nearly finished reading, then i will be practicing the techniques over and over until it becomes easy. Check your library or bookstores and get a copy asap. There are also lots of videos on youtube that you can learn from.

Is it any good? I ordered a copy yesterday :) xx

Cinss
March 8th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Is it any good? I ordered a copy yesterday :) xx

Yes i am enjoying the read, i have to wait till DD is asleep and i have my cup of RRL tea so i get a bit sleepy but i should finish it off tonight. It explains the whole concept really well and it really makes a lot of sense, i keep having doubts like oh i cant do that, but there are positive affirmations in there also to help deal with that. As soon as i start practicing the techniques i think i will become more confident with it all. You get a CD with the book too so i cant wait to give it a listen too.

homebirthing princess
March 8th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Ok ladies if u have the book I asume u don't have the cd? I couldn't find my cd this time but found this link.... Hypno Birthing : Free Download & ********* : Internet Archive (http://archive.org/details/HypnoBirthing). Dh downloaded it to our comp then put it on my iPod, basically I listened to it every night for the last 5wks I used to just fall asleep with it on, the idea is to listen to it whilst in Labour you want to use the rainbow relaxation for sleeping/Labour but there are also birthing affimations u can listen too during the day! Hope this helps guys xx

mummypink
March 8th, 2013, 12:56 PM
That's what I've got too HBP, I just listen to that and haven't got a book or anything. It is really relaxing!

For those of your on raspberry leaf tea already I was always advised not to take it before 36 weeks? Is it ok to take it earlier then that?

I have half packed my hospital bag, going to wash some more baby clothes tonight and then this weekend I need to clean up the moses basket and bouncer. I also need to sort out an overnight bag for the boys just in case things happen before my mum gets here so they can go and stay with a friend.
Think I need to write a list of what I have to do actually as I keep remembering things I haven't done yet lol!

Bimby
March 8th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Sounds like you ladies are getting super organised now, how exciting! I know I keep saying that but I am excited for you all :)

I am having my "celebrating a pink bundle" party tomorrow. I just wanted to do something this time as all going well this will be our last baby and I wanted to celebrate it with my closest friends & family. Im looking forward to it.

Anyway, not much else happening here with me, just waiting to have the room painted so I can get everything sorted out in her room, its a mess right now so I think thats why I feel disorganised. I know they dont need much to begin with but I like to be organised so Im not having to do it after when Im sleep deprived and sore lol

mrshonyez
March 8th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Mummypink, I have read you can start at 34 weeks, or even as early as 32! I would say just start out with a small amount and work your way up. I asked my ob about it, and she recommended against me taking it at all :( so I will be waiting until after he is born to enjoy any more!
Bimby, that sounds like such a fun party! I hope you enjoy it :)

Cinss
March 8th, 2013, 09:44 PM
mummypink there are mixed opinions about RRL tea, i would just say do your own research and make up your mind about when you should start drinking it. When i drink it i get braxton hicks so i know it works, i really dont feel as though it will start labour though, its just like a workout for the muscles. And its got good nutrients that are supposed to be really good for mum and bub. I only have 1 cup per day at the moment, i will probably start having 2 cups at 32 weeks.

Have fun at your party Bimby, hope you can post some pics too, im sure you will be receiving some super cute girly stuff!

Bimby
March 8th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I got woken last night by a very painful braxton hicks, has anyone had any painful BH as they get closer? I can handle the BH where everything tightens, yes its uncomfortable but bearable but this one woke me it was that painful!

Cinss
March 9th, 2013, 12:45 AM
I got woken last night by a very painful braxton hicks, has anyone had any painful BH as they get closer? I can handle the BH where everything tightens, yes its uncomfortable but bearable but this one woke me it was that painful!
Yeah sometimes it feels like its a stitch or cramp, just try to relax and take big breaths in while expanding your tummy kind of stretch it out, or just a rub usually takes it away.

Winngrin
March 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I've never heard anything about RRL tea. Does it bring on labor or just help it along once it starts naturally?

Tiffani3
March 9th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I've never heard anything about RRL tea. Does it bring on labor or just help it along once it starts naturally?

It's suppose to speed up labor I believe and make you contract better. I read some where you can start drinking it at 32 weeks. I think you need to be drinking it for a good few weeks to see its affects. Xx

mummypink
March 9th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I started taking RLT at 37 weeks with ds1 and had him 4 days late, but quick labour, with ds2 I started taking it at 36 weeks and I had him at 38 weeks - even quicker labour.

It is supposed to help soften the cervix and get you ready for labour, they say there isn't enough evidence to suggest it can actually bring on labour but from everything I have read it generally isn't advised to start taking it until 35/36 weeks.
If you're taking it and getting strong BH then I think I'd be a bit wary about keeping taking it unless you are 36 weeks plus. I've been getting a lot of BH this pregnancy, and they can get pretty uncomfortable at times. My midwife told me not to worry unless they are accompanied by back pain or become very regular in which case it is a good idea to get checked out. By the time you get to third or more pregnancies your muscles are pretty strong which is apparently why they can feel so much stronger. xx

Rosie85
March 9th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I almost had to go in last night. Had strong contractions for an hour straight and about 12 of them. I was determined to make it stop so I basically drown myself with water and made sure to lay on my left side for an hour. Luckily it stopped! Woofta!

atomic sagebrush
March 9th, 2013, 05:14 PM
just be careful to remember that too much water is not good for you!

Glad you're feeling better.

Cinss
March 9th, 2013, 06:02 PM

This info is good - The Benefits of Red Raspberry Leaf Tea in Pregnancy | WomanPlace - Health & Nutrition (http://womanplace.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/the-benefits-of-red-raspberry-leaf-tea-in-pregnancy/)

suregena
March 9th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Just starting to feel about 50% normal since having the most HORRIBLE vomiting bug I've ever had. It was just so, so horrible. :( It started Wednesday morning about 1am and created a domino effect. Every 20 minutes, though... violent. It was just unrelenting. You know how vomiting normally brings relief? I NEVER had relief... I always felt like I needed to again. Just horrible. I wasn't worried about baby because the baby was moving a LOT during that 24 hours... probably because I was annoying her! But her crazy movements while I felt so sick was just such a weird sensation because it just made me feel sicker, for some reason. When I finally stopped vomiting, I finally slept for an hour then woke feeling so very hot (my belly felt like a furnace, also) but yet had the chills and was freezing. I thought, "Oh, greaaaat... a fever now?!" and it was about 38.9C/102F. So dealt with that the next night. Then I ended up sweating it all out... my whole bed. I was dripping. It was disgusting. I was SO sore, aching, uncomfortable, washed out, exhausted, fatigued... I felt so empty. Then the diarrhea, I had a headache with the fever that I still have (now probably the 4th day of headache)... tried eating some sort of normal stuff today but stomach still being easily nauseated by real food. Tomorrow is another day...

ANYWAY... that was just horrible. Thanks for listening to me whine...... my whole body hurts. Amazing that babies remain okay during the havoc your body goes through. Ugh.

In other news, I found my Hypnobirthing book with CD unused. My father got it for me for my first pregnancy and I was reading a couple books and never got around to it and then misplaced it, but I found it tonight (the Mongan Method... with CD)... so I'm going to start reading it now. Since I'm planning a homebirth, I figure this will be the beneficial thing for me. I'm just sad I never read it my first pregnancy! Oh well. Now's as good a time as any!

Cinss
March 9th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Glad to hear you are on the mend Gena, do you think you got food poisioning or something? Did you go to the doctor? I just finished that book its really great, i think you will find it very benificial to prepare for you home birth.

suregena
March 9th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Glad to hear you are on the mend Gena, do you think you got food poisioning or something? Did you go to the doctor? I just finished that book its really great, i think you will find it very benificial to prepare for you home birth.

Definitely wasn't food poisoning. We all ate the same things that week. My husband spoke to a doctor on the phone at 4am... I was too busy vomiting in the background! I made him call because I was concerned about dehydration because it was so bad so wanted to make sure I kept on top of anything I needed to for the health of baby girl.

I work in a hospital so I feel I got norovirus or something along those lines... the symptoms are exactly what I had.

Tiffani3
March 10th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Hope your still ok Rosie that must have been scary.
Suregena glad your feeling better sounds awful hun.

Oh and happy Mother's Day to all you yummy mummy's xxx xxx

Cinss
March 10th, 2013, 06:38 AM
That's weird, Mothers Day in Australia is May 12, i am hoping for a little squishy newborn prezzie :)

Tiffani3
March 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM
oh really Happy British Mother's Day ;)

Bimby
March 10th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Yeah its funny how we have different mummy's days! I'm going to have my squishy newborn the day before (all going to plan), very exciting!!

I think us Mummy's deserve 2 a year at least ;)

Suregena, that sounds awful, hoping you are feeling better now.

Rosie how are you feeling now?

suregena
March 10th, 2013, 09:18 AM
It's Mother's Day in the UK here but since I'm American and it feels all wrong to me, my husband celebrates the US one for me. Ha ha.

Cinss
March 10th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Is anyone hearing clicks from their preggy belly? I have heard it at least once a day for the past week or so. I googled it and it seems lots of preggies hear it but there is no real explination, the best doctors can come up with is that the baby's joints or bones may be popping and the fluid amplifies the sound. It sounds like the click of a computer mouse, its very strange.

Rosie85
March 10th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Happy mummy's day to those celebrating!

Cinss, I get those clicks a lot, I think they are cool :-).

I am still feeling pretty awful. Any getting up gives me contractions, I have lots of back pain, cramping, sharp shooting pains and bub just doesn't move much anymore. Wondering if I should go in or wait til my appt on Tuesday :-/

Bimby
March 10th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Rosie If you are feeling worried about it at all then I say go in. Better to have it be nothing then not go and it be something - I know if you are like me you dont want to seem crazy but you know what, who cares! Its you and the health of your baby that matters and if things dont feel right then it cant hurt to get checked :) Hope all is well xx

Cinss I think Ive had that once but not very often but Ive got more padding then you so maybe I dont hear it as often lol

Tiffani3
March 11th, 2013, 03:42 AM
I would go in Rosie just to make sure everything's ok! Xx

mummypink
March 11th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Hope you're ok Rosie, definitely go and get checked out hun. Better to play it safe and be reassured everything is ok then worry.

I've not had clicking from my bump but if I turn over in bed at night I have often heard the bottom of my back clicking all the way down lol! Very weird but feels pretty nice afterwards! ;)

My bump feels so low now, I'm sure he is still head down as I'm getting the kind of scrabbly hand movements down below and more defined kicks or bum pushes at the top! Pretty painful now when he stretches out.

On a different note for those of you that are thinking about maybe having one more shot at your desired gender after this one, do you think you will sway again or not? I'm starting to feel really sceptical about it all as from stats on other due date groups there doesn't seem to be an overwhelming number of people getting their desired gender. In our group I'm sure there are a few that got their dg and didn't sway at all.
I'm kind of thinking it took me about 8 months to get pregnant this time because of swaying, I fell pregnant first month and second month with my first two pregnancies. Part of me wonders if I had just gone for it this time (as hubby kept nagging for!) whether I'd have my little girl now. Not that I regret at all this little man, I can't wait to meet him, but I'm sure you all understand that feeling that something is still missing when you haven't got your dg.

I'm not sure if we will have another, I'm lucky in that my hubby is really keen as he has always wanted 4 and doesn't care about gender. It all depends on how I feel after having this one and how things go. If we do decide to have one more I'm thinking of putting hubby on licorice root tablets this time, and I'll obviously be losing weight from having the baby so I'm happy to do the LE diet again. Not sure I'm going to be so strict though and I think I will probably factor in timing slightly. I know it is supposed to be a load of rubbish but everyone I know that has got pregnant on the day they got a positive OPK has had a boy!

Be interested to hear your thoughts, for those that got your dg what do you think made the difference for you? xx

luckylass
March 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Will catch up on everything later but just wanted to let you ladies know my waters went yesterday evening, I went into labour early this morning and an hour and a half later my little lady was here. She is so beautiful and will post a picture later but wanted to let you know she arrived as you have all been fab on my journey here.

Wishing4Pink
March 11th, 2013, 07:13 AM
What wonderful news Luckylass!!!! Welcome to the world little girl. Can't wait to hear what you've named her, weight and to see a piccie! x

Bimby
March 11th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Oh yay!!!!!! Another safe arrival of a beautiful new baby. Congratulations hun, I can't wait to hear all the details and see pics xx

homebirthing princess
March 11th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Congratulations lucklass I'm soooo happy for you hun! Can't wait to hear all about her.... But for now enjoy your baby moon :)

I can't believe willow is 10days old already :'( she such a doll! Poor little thing has already caught her brothers cold so she's really bunged up..not fair in your 1st wks of life! I really need to do my birth story soon xx

homebirthing princess
March 11th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Oooh we had a photo shoot done thought I'd share a pic of bubs with ds2 xx

mummypink
March 11th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Congratulations Luckylass! :)

Gorgeous photo HBP x

ynwa
March 11th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Will catch up on everything later but just wanted to let you ladies know my waters went yesterday evening, I went into labour early this morning and an hour and a half later my little lady was here. She is so beautiful and will post a picture later but wanted to let you know she arrived as you have all been fab on my journey here.
Lovely news,we need name and weight:.)x

Bimby
March 11th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Oh what a stunning photo HBP - just adorable x

ynwa
March 11th, 2013, 09:39 AM

Stunning x

suregena
March 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Since my vomiting eased and I started feeling better and more normal (today I feel normal)... I noticed three days ago bub's movements seem "quieter"... I'm trying to work out if it's all in my head or not?! She's still moving but just not as energetically, if I'm explaining it right. I want to call triage just to see if I should go in for monitoring but then on the other hand, I have NO ONE that could watch my son, so instead I'm just paying attention to all little kicks/movements to try to convince myself all is normal and it is indeed in my head.

Butterfly Spirit
March 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM

I just love this picture, there is such a beauty in that basket and a "love" that you can see from DS! xx

Butterfly Spirit
March 11th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Since my vomiting eased and I started feeling better and more normal (today I feel normal)... I noticed three days ago bub's movements seem "quieter"... I'm trying to work out if it's all in my head or not?! She's still moving but just not as energetically, if I'm explaining it right. I want to call triage just to see if I should go in for monitoring but then on the other hand, I have NO ONE that could watch my son, so instead I'm just paying attention to all little kicks/movements to try to convince myself all is normal and it is indeed in my head.

Surgena, I think around 30 weeks is when my little one didn't move so much either. They have less room in there remember. I think you will be okay. It's when she stops.. is when you worry. I think my daughter almost went a full day one day and then at the end of the day she kicked me to know she was okay.

Rosie85
March 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Congrats lucky!

Hpb I love love love that picture!

Feeling a bit better this morning, he has been moving a bit more so I will hold off until tomorrow for the doctor.

Tiffani3
March 11th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Congratulations lucky hope your feeling ok xx

Hbp that picture is sooooooo cute xx

Butterfly Spirit
March 11th, 2013, 11:51 AM

9547 LuckyLass, I can't wait to hear your birth story and maybe see a picture. And yes, enjoy that babymoon.. It goes by SOOO fast!

suregena
March 11th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Drinking a sugary cup of tea and felt movements. They just feel so much softer! I think I just got used to the increase while I had my head in a bowl and was making so much noise... I was probably driving her crazy. Maybe this is her normal and I just forgot!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 11th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Congrats on the birth of your little girl luckylass!!

HBP that picture is AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing.

Rosie I'm glad you're feeling better.

And hello ladies!!!

Wishing4Pink
March 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Homebirthingprincess, i just love that picture!! It's just the sort of style i want of my children. The lady i was hoping to take them has stopped doing them to concentrate on her kids. Now looking around to find someone else x

mummypink
March 11th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Suregena - hope the movements continue to get more regular, if in doubt go and get checked out though even if you have to take your son with you.

My little man is still booting the hell out of me, actually really hurts! He is either scrabbling down below with his hands to the point where it feels like a hand is going to pop out (!) or pushing his bum or legs out so my bump feels like it is going to pop! My bump just feels bruised and achy from it all and is rock solid, although reassuring to feel all the movements I do wish he would take it a bit easier on me! x

hotdogz&boyz
March 11th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Yay! Congrats lucky lass :) So happy to hear your gorgeous girl is here! More babies make me happy.

I love that pic of big brother with willow. So tender and touching.

I notice that I have days where J moves less and it flips me out. She will sometimes do it for a couple days in a row. But he doc says they have normal "lazy days" and more active days. As long as I can get a normal kick count during an active time she is fine. She goes it fits and starts. Some days she whales on me and others she is pretty tame. So I think it's normal. They will start to run out of room soon too.

Winngrin
March 11th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Huge congratulations Luckylass!!! Can't wait too see her!

Hbp, that picture is beyond beautiful, looks like a magazine ad!

suregena
March 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Suregena - hope the movements continue to get more regular, if in doubt go and get checked out though even if you have to take your son with you.

My little man is still booting the hell out of me, actually really hurts! He is either scrabbling down below with his hands to the point where it feels like a hand is going to pop out (!) or pushing his bum or legs out so my bump feels like it is going to pop! My bump just feels bruised and achy from it all and is rock solid, although reassuring to feel all the movements I do wish he would take it a bit easier on me! x

I have to get that stupid anti D injection tomorrow (I'm O negative. My son was born O negative so I bet my husband is negative as well, but he doesn't know his blood type for sure and we've always forgot to get his checked... so, here I go again with this anti D injection stuff) so I'm going to mention it then, since I'll be at work, anyway (I work in the hospital) and won't, obviously, have my son with me then. If they feel it warrants it then they can send me around and do it tomorrow I guess. I just did a kick count second day running and they're just so mellow! I have to have serious calm and my son can't climb on me or else I'll miss them, that's how subtle they've been. :/ I mean, I got the counted ten kicks, I think, within 30 minutes but you know... they were small feeling.

TT_3814
March 11th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Congrats luckylass!!! :)

Awww, love your picture HBP!! Sorry to hear your baby girl is sick though :( I hope she heals quickly. xx

Bimby
March 11th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Suregena it sounds like it is worrying you hun so I suggest getting looked at for sure. No point stressing yourself out anymore then you are. My LO is fairly active but I do have days where she goes nuts and then days where she isnt as "nutso" but I cant say it's ever been mellow but maybe in your case bubs has changed position so the movement feels different ?? It certianly isnt going to hurt to have your mind eased x

Cinss
March 11th, 2013, 08:12 PM
You have a doppler dont you Suregena? Maybe take a listen.

mrshonyez
March 12th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Congratulations LuckyLass!! Can't wait to hear the details!

HBP, that photo is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE it!

Hope you ladies that aren't feeling so well, feel better soon! My best friend is having her LO tomorrow, so I'll be getting some newborn cuddles :) then I'm 2 weeks later, if he doesn't decide to come early! Yay for babies!!!

Rosie85
March 12th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Went to my appt today, all of these contractions are normal doc says! He suggested laying down a lot for relief...yeah...right. Hhahaa. I am dilated 2 soon to be 3 cm and 50% effaced and head is super low so that's good. Just hoping he doesn't decide to show up before April. I really really want my April baby and I still have lots to do!

suregena
March 12th, 2013, 03:11 PM
You have a doppler dont you Suregena? Maybe take a listen.

I have, nightly! Haha! Heartbeat fine and dandy. But they always say movement is the first indicator of something wrong... heartbeat is the very last! :/

Either way... I went for my anti D injection today. While I was there, I found out my blood test last week said I was anemic! AHHHHH! The level was seriously the same it was in my last pregnancy at the same week it was taken. What the hell?! So I was prescribed iron tablets, and you bet I'm taking them starting today because I want my home birth!

I mentioned to the midwife while I waited after the injection about my concerns about movements since I was so sick. She said it's probably okay but since I sounded a bit unsure and worried she did a trace for 30 minutes. It took about 15 minutes for 1 movement! So she rang a very loud bell at my belly (it really was loud! Made me jump!) and made me drink ice water, and then I got 6 more movements (all small, subtle movements, mind you!) by 30 minutes. She said it may not be 10 but that it was 'acceptable' for my gestation... so I'll just keep kick counts and paying attention.

As part of the protocol before the trace, she measured my bump. Sooo... she acknowledged that each midwife is going to measure probably different things, but she measured me as 3 weeks ahead in bump measurements (last week at my antenatal appointment, my midwife measured me 2 weeks ahead.) Because of this, she had to refer me for a Glucose test thing to happen on Thursday. ARGH! So, now I have to do that. They do not do them routinely in the UK (I didn't have one with my son) unless there is a reason or indication for concern. Oy vey.

Why do I feel like everything this pregnancy now that I am getting closer to the end is throwing roadblocks to my homebirth? Flipping heck!

Cinss
March 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Rosie i know the BH are annoying and painful sometimes, but after reading the hypnobirthing book it tells you that when you get a contraction you have to take a very big long slow breath in and direct it all into your belly, making your belly expand like a balloon to the count of 20, then exhale slowly for a count of 20 also, i have been practicing it and it really does relieve the pain its amazing, now i want lots more BH to practice with :) hope that helps you a little.

Rosie85
March 12th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Cinss where do I direct it if I have mostly back labor? Just to my back instead? I am going to download the hypnobirthing music tonight, I just need to find my iPod. Ha.

I am very glad to hear its helping you, gives me hope it will help me too!

Cinss
March 12th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Cinss where do I direct it if I have mostly back labor? Just to my back instead? I am going to download the hypnobirthing music tonight, I just need to find my iPod. Ha.

I am very glad to hear its helping you, gives me hope it will help me too!

Well now that you mention it there was really no info on back labour in the hypnobirthng book. I know there is a similar system called HypnoBabies which covers back labour so maybe you need to have a look into that one. I am reading reviews and it seems ladies who have tried both actually prefer HypnoBabies.

Rosie85
March 12th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Okay cool I will give that one a looksie! My labor is probably 90% back 10% abdomen...I am one of the unlucky ones :shrug:

Cinss
March 12th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Okay cool I will give that one a looksie! My labor is probably 90% back 10% abdomen...I am one of the unlucky ones :shrug:
Im glad you brought that up, i would freak out if i started having back pain in labour and had no way of controlling it, i guess it can happen to any of us.

Tiffani3
March 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I have aways had back pain during labor thought that was normal! Is it not??
Xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 13th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I never had back pain during labor.

hotdogz&boyz
March 13th, 2013, 02:44 PM
^^Me either. Supposedly back labor is more common with anterior placentas, as are posterior babies (which, if I recall correctly is the most common cause of back labor in the first place). But I never had any back pain with my labors. It's a good thing to be prepared for it though! I'll have to read up on that.

I saw baby girl again today. She was stubborn and wouldn't give us any good shots at all. Except her girl parts. We have no doubts that she is a girl. My son, who was in the room for the sono said "That is not a baby...it's creepy." Lol. Gave us and the tech a good laugh. But she looks good, despite being "shy."

Has anyone not hit the nesting stage yet? I can't seem to motivate myself to get stuff done, which is tough...I have tons to do! But I am so tired and everything is sore (little guy isn't sleeping so well lately, he is getting his eye teeth, so I wake up achy from getting up so much at night). But it seems like tons of moms I know start nesting in the third trimester and I just cant get the energy. I hope it comes. Otherwise, DH will have to do it all (hmmm, not a bad idea....)

suregena
March 13th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I hit the nesting stage weeks ago, but mine always seems to come out in the form of EXTREME CLEANING(!!!) that I can't stop doing until the baby is born. I did it with my son, too.

Rosie85
March 13th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I am nesting right now! Getting a lot done but I am soo tired. Pretty sure I have strep or mono.... Sore throat for about 12 days now and my stomach has been sick, I'm tired and dizzy too at times.

I am assuming my baby is posterior, my other two were, yippee...not! Haha. Back labor is a bitch, excuse my language but it's really really really awful. My doc says I am crazy trying vbacs with posterior babes but hey it worked last time so I must be doing something right! Babe turned last second as he was coming out, hopefully it happens again that way or it's another c section for me.

Mommyof3boys
March 13th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I'm thread jumping here...

I had a regular labor with my first and back labor with ds2 and ds3 they were both posterior. My placenta is anterior this time so I am completely expecting back labor again. I agree it is awful. I thought something was wrong during my second labor because it was so much worse than the first and when I went into labor with ds3 and it started in my back I wanted to cry just thinking about all the pain I was going to go through. This time I am expecting it so I am trying to prepare myself mentally ahead of time.

Bimby
March 13th, 2013, 06:56 PM
My DS1 was posterior but he had a posterior placenta and my DS2 had an anterior placenta but I had a normal labour with him... Guess Im just backwards lol I was nesting last week but too tired this week. I could have slept all day yesterday. If I didnt have a 3 y/o to look after I think I would have too :)

Cinss
March 13th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Ive been nesting, every room in our house has had the once over, now i just have to keep up with DDs mess daily.

mrshonyez
March 13th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I already went through the nesting a few weeks ago lol. I cleaned out all the closets and the rest of the house. It's driving me nuts how my garage looks though... But I got the car seat installed today finally, and cleaned out the whole van. I feel much better about it, and I'm pretty sure I'm completely ready for him now!!

mummypink
March 14th, 2013, 03:11 AM
I'm desperate to get all the cleaning done that I want to but I'm just so busy at the moment. I'm trying to get ahead work wise so I can relax for a week or two after the baby is born, and between just doing that keeping up with the day to day running of the house, and looking after the boys is taking all my time!

I'm also really worried about over doing it and baby arriving early as it literally feels like I could go into labour at any minute.
I've got some more baby clothes to wash, and I finally got my camera battery charged up last night, so now i just need to sort a bag out for my boys in case they have to go and stay with a friend when I go into labour.
I seriously need to make a list of things I still need as I know there are lots of bits and pieces I haven't got round to thinking about yet and it is stressing me out!!

Labour wise I haven't had a back labour so far, this time the placenta is anterior but my midwife said it still doesn't automatically mean back labour. So I'm not going to stress about it, just hoping he stays head down in a good position for labour! Last time I had a scan at 32 weeks he was head down, engage and looking towards my left hand side but obviously he can still swivel around.

hotdogz&boyz
March 14th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Oh I certainly wasn't saying that anterior placentas mean posterior positioning. I have had two anterior placentas and no back labor. I just wasn't clear. I am hoping to avoid it this time too...but I dunno if I can get lucky three times ;)

I gotta get myself in gear I guess. But not today, my big guy is sick as a dog. Poor thing. I dunno what it is...but it involves lots of tossing of the cookies. And lots of towels and carpet cleaner...

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 14th, 2013, 12:19 PM
So many of us have anterior placenta's. I pray I don't have back labor this time. I don't think I've ever been anterior before....yikes!!!

suregena
March 14th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I have had a posterior placenta with my son and now with this baby. My son was in the posterior position for labor/birth but I don't think I had back labor at all... but now you all mentioning that you are more prone to back labor with anterior placentas have just given my answer why! I remember thinking I was doomed for it because that's all I had heard but don't remember my back ever hurting, it was all belly/pelvic area.

suregena
March 14th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I passed my glucose test.

To celebrate, I'm eating a donut.

TT_3814
March 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Winn~ As promised.. Looks my update will continue into tomorrow, I developed a keloid scar around the knot and most of the stitch. My MFM removed part of the stitch that was visible but I will have to go to L&D and be sedated for complete removal. Good news is no labor, cramps, ect. baby is kicking away happily as I type. If it weren't for my severe hip pain, it was pretty much like a pap smear, just some tugging/pulling that can be a bit uncomfortable.

I hope when it's your turn, your removal goes much more smoothly! xx

Rosie85
March 14th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Surgena congrats on passing, enjoy the donut!

I am still going to download the calming music to listen to but I am not going to do hypnobirthing as my research has confirmed it doesn't do much for back labor and I already know I am going to have it since all of my contractions so far are in my back. I did look up methods to ease back labor and the best position to be in while laboring is on hands and knees...which I already go to when I have contractions at home...it really does help.

I may or may not have access to a doula...still a wait and see but hopefully..then she can massage my back since my husband will be asleep in a corner somewhere like always :-/

Cinss
March 14th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Rosie do you have the option for a water birth? Im sure that would ease some of the pressure from your back. Also take a tennis ball with you so if your DH or doula give you a massage they can use it so their hand dont get as sore and they will do it for longer, feels nice too.

Rosie85
March 14th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I do not have a water birth option. My hospital requires vbac patients to have monitors on at all times. They are wireless now so I have been told so I can at least walk around unlike last time. With first vbac I was also required to have internal monitoring but doc said I don't have to this time at least not to start...

I have my tennis ball sitting out and ready to go, I had read about that!

Bimby
March 14th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Oh TT that sounds awful for you! When do you have to have the removal done now? Glad your bubs is doing ok though. Very close now :)

MP - Is bubs really low is that why you think you may go into labour or are you having lots of Bh's?? Ive got a feeling Im going to go before my C/s date but Im not sure why. I just think it's because Im so big I just dont think my tummy could get any bigger lol Im sure you will be as organised as you can be for when bubs gets here, they really dont need much so dont stress yourself if it is causing you pain. As long as they have somewhere to sleep ,clean clothes and food they will be happy x

gena, yay for passing the test and yay for donuts :)

I have an appt on Tuesday at my Ob and after that I think I will only have 2 more as she tends to just do every 3 weeks for the been there done that mums (as long as we're not high risk of course!) I just know how quick the last appt seemed so I know that'll fly along (hopefully). I have a friend having her baby on Monday now as her bubs isnt growing much lately - I am so excited for her though, she has had some struggles in life over the past few years and she is 44 having her first bubba, she just needs a little ray of sunshine and I know her little boy will give her that and more :)
Any more pics of our newest babies ??? How are you doing Luckylass?? Would love to hear from you ad see pics etc of your beautiful girl - when you get a chance of course :)

Cinss
March 14th, 2013, 08:37 PM
mmmm donuts :)

mummypink
March 15th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Thanks Bimby :) Baby is really low and I'm getting a lot of bh, I was going round the supermarket yesterday and had to keep stopping as the pressure was so much and the braxton hicks were so painful. I saw my midwife too and she said she wouldn't be surprised if he made an early appearance and to take it easy. Ds2 arrived at 38 weeks, I'm hoping I can make it to 39 weeks so my brother has arrived to look after the boys when I go into labour. The baby is definitely still head down, and everything was looking good. I've managed to just gain 18lbs this pregnancy which I'm really pleased with, hopefully it won't be so hard to loose the extra after the baby has arrived.
I have another appointment with my midwife in 2 weeks but her parting comment was 'I'll see you in 2 weeks if you make it that far!'. I really hope I hold out until April, I don't know why but I really like the idea of having an April baby - weird aren't I lol!!

I bumped into a neighbour yesterday who was saying to me 'oh I bet you're having a girl this time', so I said 'nope it is a boy' and she said 'no, I really think it is a girl'. So I said again 'no it is definitely a boy, we say on the scan'. She was still very reluctant to believe me!! She is elderly so I think she thinks the scans are all a bit of nonsense lol!!

Suregena - glad your gt came back all clear, fab news.

TT - doesn't sound nice at all! Hope it all goes as smoothly as possible for you. x

Rosie - with the hypno birthing I found the techniques really good just for taking your mind off the pain so I still think it is worth listening to regardless of whether you have back labour. With my previous two the one time I found labour really painful was with ds2 and they gave me some gas and air. For that instant I took it I instantly thought has it helped and the contraction pain was awful! I threw the mask at hubby and concentrated on hypnobirthing again and it was so much more manageable. You just kind of take yourself off somewhere and focus on your breathing etc.

Hopefully we will all have super easy labours anyway! :D xx

Winngrin
March 15th, 2013, 01:08 PM
TT thank you for the update, I'll be waiting for more news. I hope it goes well. Will they give you a spinal for removal? I have an appt on Monday morning and my Dr will look at the stitches and see if they look like they can be removed in office or if we will need to go to L&D.

Best of luck!! I'll be thinking of you.

TT_3814
March 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Thank you Bimby and Mummy. Cerclage was successfully removed yesterday, it went much better since I didn't feel a thing. ;)

Winn~ No problem. No spinal, they put me to sleep. Peri said removal was still a bit difficult but successful, so it was a very good thing I was sedated. Still spotting but no pain or signs of labor. I'm 3-4 cm dilated and fingers are crossed for no labor and that my water stays intact until the 11th of April.

I'll be thinking of you too and let me know how Monday goes! :)

Congrats on passing and I like the way you celebrate, Surgena! What I wouldn't give for a Krispy Kreme donut shop to reopen in my area..

Winngrin
March 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM
TT, I'm so glad it went well! Was there any concern about baby coming before 37 weeks? I'm so hoping to avoid the NICU this time around. How long were you in L&D for?

mrshonyez
March 16th, 2013, 07:01 PM
I'm glad it all went well TT! Fingers crossed baby stays put!

I'm starting to get nervous... I have less than 10 days to go! I really can't believe how fast it has gone!

suregena
March 16th, 2013, 07:17 PM
My husband keeps accidentally referring to our daughter by a name we had considered a while back but that I didn't feel like I was connecting to and went back to my original love Willow. Now he's saying it doesn't matter, anyway, because I've picked all the names and he hasn't picked one. Geez! I told him I constantly asked him to suggest names, let's talk about them and he never did or he barely tried and would throw out ones randomly but never digging deeply to find a name that really connected so, naturally, I'd not really agree to them.

Ooof I'm annoyed! He better not call Willow by the other name I didn't connect to when she's here... I'll lose it!

Bimby
March 16th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Oh Mrshonyez how exciting!!! Im sure everything will go just perfect :) Cant wait to see pics of your new lil man.

TT hope bubs is nice and cosy and stays put for a few more weeks still. Glad everything went well with your cerclage removal.

Winni - good luck for Monday - hope everything goes smoothly :)

Gena, my DH says the same to me, that I always get to pick the names but he doesnt disagree with them at the time and puts no real input forward so thats why Ive chosen the names. Im sure as you are pushing your baby out he will not dare argue the choice you made and I doubt he would call her by any other name then Willow once she is here hun, it's a beautiful name.

Any word from our new mummies on how they are?

TT_3814
March 17th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Winn~ I was worried all along, my doctor not so much since my cervix looked good up until 33 weeks. I started to funnel and had suspected preterm labor, the spotting was the final straw and he felt it best to remove the cerclage before it could cause any damage. Now that's it's out and saw how dilated I am, he doesn't believe I'll make it to April. I understand about wanting to avoid the nicu. Spent just over an hour in L&D, the baby was giving the nurses a hard time lol. 30 minutes in the OR and an hour and a half in the recovery area. Good luck tomorrow!

Bimby and Mrshonyez~ Thank you! :) Me too!

Cinss
March 17th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Where are all the BABIES?!?!?!

Looks like we wont get updated by Foxymrsg, baby2ontheway, sbmommy, Janie, _proudmommyx2, Tiffany12345 :(

And the only ladies left for March are Mrshoneyz, TT_3814 and Sunshiner ?

Bimby
March 17th, 2013, 07:05 PM
:( I'd love to hear from the new mummies too! I have a friend having her baby today, I'm so excited!! I have a few more friends to go and then its my turn!!!! Can't wait :)

Lassie1982
March 18th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I don't spend time on here, but I do pop on eve other day hoping to see some new bubbas.
I ADORE newborns :)
I'm going well, very very busy, moving house, selling car, buying new car, finishing up work and training like crazy, I finish up in 3 weeks and I simply can't wait.
We've not got anything prepared for baby at all, so hopefully once I'm finished work and we're in our new home we can focus on preparing for this little mans arrival.
Speaking of the little man, found out he transverse, and he still hasn't turned.
Hoping and wishing that he will as I want to avoid a c section

Best of luck to those getting closer, can't wait to see more announcements :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 18th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone. Hope you all are doing well. Can't believe in 6 weeks or so I will have 5 penises in my house!!!! lol Time is flying.

mummypink
March 18th, 2013, 04:44 PM
So exciting to see who will be next! :)

luckylass
March 18th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Hi ladies will definitely be on here soon with pictures and my birth story but have had a long week with two sick little boys so just have to get around to it. Our little lady is fab though.

Winngrin
March 18th, 2013, 09:36 PM
TT, my appt went well today. Ultrasound showed baby at 5lb 7oz, head very low. My ditch the stitch appt is April 3. Dr is going to try to do it in the office and see how it goes. I'll be 36+6, she's trying to give me a little extra time to get baby as close to term as possible. Have you felt anything going on yet?

3M, I say that all the time about 5 penises!!!! My older boys have dubbed themselves Team Penis and like to chant "weiners and balls", just to make sure I don't forget how gross boys are. They think they're hysterical :/

TT_3814
March 18th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Cinss~ I'm due in April and that's also when my c-section is scheduled but you ladies will be the first to know if bubs decides to make an earlier entrance. Promise! :)

Winn~ So glad your appointment went well and yay to have a ditch the stitch date set!! :D Sounds like our babies are thinking alike, this one is very low too. The doctor was making my mom nervous cause he kept mentioning it. Nothing going on other than my usual BH, how about you?

Ahh, boys.. Gotta love em! LOL :P

Bimby
March 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hahaha boys are great! To be totally honest I am scared of having a girl. My boys have been a dream to me so the unknown scares me!!

Luckylass I guess I'll forgive you ;) Just kidding, you look after your little family first hun x

Cinss
March 19th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Had a midwife appt today, my baby is breech atm, so gotta hit up the spinning babies website. Im sure he will turn in the next 8 weeks so am not too worried about it.

Bimby
March 19th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I had an appt today too and my lo is transverse! I think she did it yesterday too as around 3am I was getting my cervix kicked like no other, definitely not a nice feeling!

Bimby
March 19th, 2013, 08:28 AM
I had an appt today too and my lo is transverse! I think she did it yesterday too as around 3am I was getting my cervix kicked like no other, definitely not a nice feeling!

Cinss
March 19th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Yeah my cervix is getting kicked too, and i have been poking the head apparently thinking it was feet lol. And baby is back to my back, so we really gotta flip and turn in the next few weeks.

mummypink
March 19th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Hope your babies spin round Cinss and Bimby!

I had the worst nights sleep ever, I must have been up about 4 times to the loo for a wee and just ached so much and felt sick. I still feel nauseous today, totally horrible! I've gone from hoping the baby stays put until my brother arrives in a few weeks to thinking actually any time from Saturday when I'll be 37 weeks would be good! I am so fed up of being so achy and horrible. I don't remember this with either of my first two. Maybe this is just the result of putting my body through 3 pregnancies!!! :/

Rosie85
March 19th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Mummy I have been feeling really sick too, nauseous and such. I'm not constipated anymore so I guess that's a plus! I a, guessing I will go a few days early but dont want to go sooner than April 4th really...I have stuff to do and I want more time for the snow here to melt. Our average temps are normally 45 right now but it's currently been around 20 degrees everyday and lots of snow, does t feel like spring at all :-( so I'm not in the mood for my spring baby! Haha

suregena
March 20th, 2013, 04:05 AM
This week I've been feeling nauseated, too. Never felt nauseated in late pregnancy with my son.

mummypink
March 20th, 2013, 05:26 AM
I know exactly what you mean Rosie! Just as I thought our snow was finally going it has been snowing pretty much non stop for the last week. 6 months of snow is really getting boring now, I am so ready for Spring! We've got similar temperatures to you today, but the variation has been huge from down as low as minus 18 degrees C to plus 1 degree. A couple of weeks ago we had 10 degrees C in the sunshine and I really thought winter was over.

I'm hoping it means we will have a really good summer though as the last time the winter was this long the summer was fab!

Sorry some of you are feeling the nausea too, so unpleasant! xxx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 20th, 2013, 09:05 AM
We too have had a lot of snow. We've had 2 storms in particular that have dropped over 2 feet at one time. As soon as it melts on the ground, more seems to fall. We just had about 7 inches fall yesterday too. The kids have had a lot of snow days that they will have to make up at the end of the school year. And the storms just started in January, so we've been hit hard all at once. Come on Spring!!!!

mummypink
March 20th, 2013, 09:29 AM
That's something at least, here where I live in Norway none of our schools etc close because of snow. :)

Funny because according to the seasons more girls are supposed to be born in the winter months - how ironic that so many of us are expecting boys and spring still hasn't arrived!!

hotdogz&boyz
March 20th, 2013, 09:54 AM
I am a tad envious of those who get snow. I would like it to snow here. It just gets cold, cold and doesn't snow. We live on a peninsula and something about that makes us never get snow. Grrrr. But, that said...I am ready for spring too. It's cold again here (after a couple 60 degree (F) days last week) and it can just hurry itself along now. Today is supposed to be the official start of spring!

I am actually experiencing quite a bit of nausea myself. More in the morning.

Can't wait to see baby pics! And see who ends up with the next little one. I hope they stay out til you guys want them out ;)

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2013, 10:42 AM
That's something at least, here where I live in Norway none of our schools etc close because of snow. :)

Funny because according to the seasons more girls are supposed to be born in the winter months - how ironic that so many of us are expecting boys and spring still hasn't arrived!!

?? More girls may be born in Dec, Jan, Feb but certainly very far from 100%. It's only a small statistical variation and no guarantee. :)

mrshonyez
March 20th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I've been feeling nauseous some too!
I had my last appointment today... While checking me, the OB said she doesn't think it's going to take much for me to go into labor! I was 2cm on the outside but closed inside 2 weeks ago, no effacement that I know of but slightly softened. Today I was a full 3cm and 70%. I think walking around the museums and stuff yesterday for DS1's birthday helped, because I started feeling lots of pressure last night. Ahhh I'm so nervous, but really excited!!

Rosie85
March 20th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Three, luckily yours melts. We still have the snow on the ground that fell in december. Our trees are buried 2 feet plus in some spots. The snow plow piles....about 20 feet high, it will take until July to melt them all :-(.

Cinss
March 20th, 2013, 07:14 PM
So seeing as i have a breech bub, i looked at the spinning babies website and yesterday morning i did the inversion thingy where you have your knees on the couch and lower your arms and head to the floor, i was only upside down for about 30 seconds as it recommends and i lowered myself off the couch as they describe, but ouch after that my lower abdomen was cramping and hurting all day! I really want to try to turn my bub naturally but i am scared to do the inversion again, the pain was full on annoying and i had to lie down for a lot of the day. Maybe i will just try the heat pack trick and meditate visualising the baby turning? He will probably turn on his own anyway and i am worrying for nothing, would any of you consider giving birth to a breech rather than having a C/S?

Bimby
March 20th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Ouch Cinss, sounds painful! I agree he will probably move on his own closer to the time. I think being a subsequent baby they have a bit more room to move so get to hang out wherever they like for a bit longer :) I know Id rather be head up then down, not sure how they do it all that time lol
I think my little miss constantly moives from head down to transverse to breech. I swore she was head down yesterday by her movements but this morning Im feeling a big hard lump on my right again... Maybe its my sleeping position??
In answer to your question about trying to birth a breech, I really dont know.. (good answer hey lol) I guess the risk is mainly if they get their head stuck right? If you've birthed before then Im sure your pelvis will be big enough??? Im not sure about the risk of prolapse with breech, is it a problem or only with transverse?? I myself tend to worry about things but if you let your Dr know that you want to try a natural birth then maybe they'll let you come in early and be monitored to see how baby is coping with it all. Most babies will eventually turn and a lot do so in labour too.

Not long now MrsHonyez!!!!! Very exciting!!! Feels like its been ages between the new bubba's so cant wait to meet a new one again :)

Rosie85
March 20th, 2013, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't feel comfortable with birthing a breech babe but I do know of those who have done it. There is a higher risk for mom and baby though. I would probably prefer to wait to go into labor and see if baby turns, if not then go ahead and have a c section after laboring for a couple hours. If you plan a section a week before due date you will never know if that baby ,it have turned last minute.

mrsflowers33
March 21st, 2013, 12:44 AM
My last baby was breech well into my third trimester, a day before my version to try to turn him in the hospital was scheduled I saw a chiropractor for the Webster technique and when I went to the version appointment he'd already turned, lol! I highly recommend reading up on the Webster technique and seeing a chiropractor who can preform it on you :)

Cinss
March 21st, 2013, 01:09 AM
My last baby was breech well into my third trimester, a day before my version to try to turn him in the hospital was scheduled I saw a chiropractor for the Webster technique and when I went to the version appointment he'd already turned, lol! I highly recommend reading up on the Webster technique and seeing a chiropractor who can preform it on you :)

OK thank you :)

Cinss
March 21st, 2013, 01:10 AM
I wouldn't feel comfortable with birthing a breech babe but I do know of those who have done it. There is a higher risk for mom and baby though. I would probably prefer to wait to go into labor and see if baby turns, if not then go ahead and have a c section after laboring for a couple hours. If you plan a section a week before due date you will never know if that baby ,it have turned last minute.

Yeah its a scary thought, i have been watching breech births online... Probably shouldn't have done that, it looks ok as in baby and mother both ok, but it is quite shocking seeing it come out that way!

mummypink
March 21st, 2013, 06:35 AM
Fingers crossed your lo turns Cinss, I don't think I would risk a breech birth to be honest but I have been lucky so far and all of mine have been head down from pretty early on. There is definitely still time for him to move round so maybe focus on techniques for turning him. xx

dloui128
March 21st, 2013, 10:27 AM
So seeing as i have a breech bub, i looked at the spinning babies website and yesterday morning i did the inversion thingy where you have your knees on the couch and lower your arms and head to the floor, i was only upside down for about 30 seconds as it recommends and i lowered myself off the couch as they describe, but ouch after that my lower abdomen was cramping and hurting all day! I really want to try to turn my bub naturally but i am scared to do the inversion again, the pain was full on annoying and i had to lie down for a lot of the day. Maybe i will just try the heat pack trick and meditate visualising the baby turning? He will probably turn on his own anyway and i am worrying for nothing, would any of you consider giving birth to a breech rather than having a C/S?

don't worry I am sure he will turn. West was breech almost all the way up until he was due and then turned on his own. My dr told me she delivers baby breech so I wouldn't of had a c-section anyways as long as everything looked ok on the u/s

Tiffani3
March 21st, 2013, 11:58 AM
My little man turned a few weeks ago try not to worry cinss I'm sure he'll spin round for you xx xx

hotdogz&boyz
March 21st, 2013, 01:51 PM
I highly recommend the Webster technique as well. My second was breech at 37 weeks (late-turning, he was head-down the week before) and I went for two sessions of the Webster technique and he was head down when I went into labor two days later. He was 8lbs, 4oz...so it's certainly possible to turn them late in the game.

Most docs around here will not deliver a breech baby anymore. So I would be inclined to say no because of their lack of practice. There is one doc about an hour away who will do it, but only if mama has two other children (something about the canal being stretched fully) and its a frank breech (not footling). But I never considered delivering breech seriously. If my second had not turned, I was prepared for a c-section. I think the decision would depend on my doctors comfort level with it. If your doc is for breech deliveries, I think I would be inclined to try. But I would certainly weigh the pros and cons of each option.

As for the upside down technique, do you have a large ironing board? That is what I used. I propped it on one end of the couch and laid on it upside down for a few minutes at a time. It was easy to roll off the side and get up. It was much more comfortable than doing the headstand they recommend. I also sat on a birthing ball a lot in those couple days. They say the pelvis being wide will help. But I do believe the thing that worked is the chiro. I was out of whack from the pregnancy and it was entirely painless (even felt good!) and I think it is ultimately what allowed him to turn again.

I'll think head-down thoughts for you! I thought mine was still transverse, she seems to move all over the place! But apparently she is head down and pretty low. So the midwife doubts she will turn back. I was a little surprised, but happily so! I truthfully have a hard time picking out specific body parts, so I can't say I know at any given time (heck, it was a sonogram that told me my 8lber flipped, not my awareness of him doing it!)

Tiffani3
March 22nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Oooooo mrshonyez 4 more days!!! Are you getting excited/nervous?

Then it's me on the list!!! :)
I am finally ready have done all the washing and ironing for my little man. I can't wait for him to arrive
I've made all his bedding by hand what do you all think? Teddy's for my little teddy :)

Winngrin
March 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
That's beautiful Tiffani!!! I love it!

Tiffani3
March 22nd, 2013, 12:21 PM
That's beautiful Tiffani!!! I love it!

Thank you sweetie took me ages as have never sewn before. I'm so glad I managed to finish it all xx xx

hotdogz&boyz
March 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
It's gorgeous! I am envious that you handmade it. I wish I had the ability (or desire) to do something neat like that. It is very special. Can't wait for these little men to show up! I want to see some adorable squishiness.

I just went through a quick spurt of nesting. Car seat washed and ready, diapers packed, toiletries packed in my bag. Updated the pregnancy journal I have been slacking on. And am making some invites to a party after she is born. It was a compromise, since I absolutely didn't want a shower and my mom wanted to do a party for the baby. So we are doing a "meet the baby" instead. I did handmade the invites to both of my sons showers (my mom also hosted them) and thus I wanted to do them for her. I do feel a bit better having some stuff done. Although I still have plenty of time.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM
Tiffani, you did an amazing job on the bedding!!! You should be proud of yourself. I can't believe you are so close to delivery. We're going to have a big baby boom here really soon.

Tiffani3
March 22nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks girls.
It's scary that its so close only a few weeks and he'll be here! :)

We've had a very quite march for babies can't wait for everyone to start popping these beautiful babies out.

Winngrin
March 22nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Uh, not so quiet over here. Contractions 7-10 minutes apart, waiting for my mother to get here to watch ds3 and then headed in to l&d. Hoping they can hold me off, I still have my cerclage and do not want another nicu baby!

Tiffani3
March 22nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Uh, not so quiet over here. Contractions 7-10 minutes apart, waiting for my mother to get here to watch ds3 and then headed in to l&d. Hoping they can hold me off, I still have my cerclage and do not want another nicu baby!

Oh gosh hun hope they can keep him in a little longer for you take care and hope your ok xx xx

Rosie85
March 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Tiff- sooo jealous! It is beautiful bedding! I really wanted a teddy theme as well for my teddy but we were tight and my grandma had boughten me jungle animal stickers so I couldn't dissapoint her....

Winn- I hope they can stop the contractions! I had them the other day every 5 minutes but they went away thank goodness. My doc is surprised I have zero interest in the baby coming yet, haha. Keep us updated!!!

TT_3814
March 22nd, 2013, 04:43 PM
The bedding looks amazing, Tiffany, love it! :D

Winn~ Oh no, I hope they can stop the contractions! Thinking of you!!! xxx

Tiffani3
March 22nd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Thank you TT & Rosie, bless your grandma but agree you can't disappoint her.
It was actually a lot cheaper to make than to buy it all. Just took a while to make.
I made a cot tidy too and embroidered his name on but have hidden it as no one but dh knows were calling him teddy yet not even my boys :)9847

luckylass
March 22nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Sorry for the absence of late ladies but my two little boys have been sick the last couple of weeks and that along with the early arrival of our little lady has kept dh and I very busy .

Well baby arrived weighing in at 7lbs 14oz (the largest of all of my babies). It was a super fast birth over all. I went into labour at 2.35am and was 6cm's dialated at 3.58am and Alysssa arrived into the world 7 minutes later at 4.05am after just two large pushes (and a lot of gas and air lol). The midwife was shocked and even my consultant did not have time to get there :). Guess she was in a rush to meet us.

Pictures to come.

Cinss
March 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
wow luckylass that was a fast labour! Cant wait to see pics :)

Tiffani3
March 22nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
Argh congratulations again luckylass
Love her name, well done on your super quick labor can't wait to see some pics.
Hope your both well and your little men are feeling better xx xx

mrshonyez
March 22nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
Oooooo mrshonyez 4 more days!!! Are you getting excited/nervous?

Then it's me on the list!!! :)
I am finally ready have done all the washing and ironing for my little man. I can't wait for him to arrive
I've made all his bedding by hand what do you all think? Teddy's for my little teddy :)

That is beautiful!! I love it! I like to try to sew and handmake things, but I haven't had the patience lol. That looks amazing though!

I am extremely nervous, but also very excited! I went up to l&d last night because I was feeling tons more pressure, but I guess that was because he moved down in station quite a bit in a short time. They had told me to come in right away if anything feels different, so I did. I had lots of contractions during my short stay, but I didn't feel them. They would be regular for a little while, then taper off so I got sent home. Which I expected anyways lol. I really can't believe it is so soon though!
Congratulations LuckyLass, and WOW what a speedy labor!!
Winn, I hope they can stop your contractions and keep your LO in for a while longer!
And I hope your LO decides to turn Cinss!

Bimby
March 22nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
Tiffani what you made is gorgeous! Very clever lady you are!!

Winni I hope they are managing your contractions hun, update us when you can sweetie x

MrsH glad that you contrax fizzled out, obviously things are getting ready yayayayay!!! So exciting!!

Lucky, wow that is a fast labour, my goodness! Sorry you have all been unwell. Hope you all feel better soon so we can see pics of your lil Miss Alyssa xx

Winngrin
March 22nd, 2013, 10:07 PM
Luckylass, congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

My contractions haven't totally stopped but they've slowed down with lots of iv fluids and I'm back at home. My cerclage looks great and there were not any changes while I was there. Hoping he stays put a little longer.

hotdogz&boyz
March 23rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Glad they stopped Winn!

Can't wait for some pics Lucky :)

TT_3814
March 23rd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Glad you're back home and no changes to your cervix. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending calm uterus vibes so baby can bake a little longer. xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Bake baby Winngrin. As much as we want to meet you, you're better off where you are for now. Hope you're doing ok Winn. Sending NO contraction vibes your way!!!!

Winngrin
March 24th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Feeling totally fine now! Thank you all!

Tiffani3
March 24th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Oh good Winn keep that little one in there for a while longer ;) xx

suregena
March 25th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Looking at a newborn photo of my son - oh my gosh! Just when I started to panic that I'm not feeling ready... this photo reminds me... bring it on! :)

mummypink
March 25th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Glad things have eased up Winn, fingers crossed your lo stays put for another couple of weeks. xx

I am just so uncomfortable now, my bump is constantly hard and tight and just aches so much. I just feel like all my muscles are being ripped apart. I don't remember anything like this from my first two. I waddle when I walk, and if I walk more than a couple of metres I get really strong bh. I just wish I could choose when I go into labour so I could start at about 7am tomorrow, take my boys to nursery on the way to hospital, have the baby by lunchtime and then hubby can be home in time to pick the boys up! Would be perfect! x

hotdogz&boyz
March 25th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Lol. I love the idea of planning labor. It would be so convenient. I hope it's soon for you. That sounds mighty uncomfy :(

Gosh I love newborn pics!! I can't wait to have another screechy, skrawny newbie around. I am so ready (well, maybe not for nighttime feedings....).

Random question: Is anyone in here getting night sweats really bad? I never had them before and they are awful this time around. I wake up freezing and soaked (and often to my toddler needing me so I have to hussle up and change to get him). It's weird. Although prolly hormonal. Just wondered if anyone else was or did experience them in pregnancy. I got them after pregnancy in the post partum period with my boys. But never during.

mummypink
March 25th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I've been waking up really hot and sweating too, not really bad but certainly not like me! I'm usually nearly always cold! x

suregena
March 25th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Not me - simply because it's still ridiculously cold here (WHY! WHYYYY?!? IT'S ALMOST APRIL!)... nearly almost always around or below freezing. And we live in an old Victorian stone house which is generally always cold.

I'm cooold!

mrshonyez
March 25th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I've been waking up really sweaty too, and the strange thing is, I put a fan on my night stand pointing directly on me not too long ago! And I hardly ever sweat!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
March 25th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I've been sweaty too. I wake up with a wet pillow. This just started about a week ago.

Tiffani3
March 26th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Good luck mrshonyez today's the day your being induced isn't it??? Xx xx

suregena
March 26th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I have my 31 week antenatal appointment in about 15 minutes. I hope she can tell me what position my baby's in this time! And she'll be confused by the glucose test, I'm sure (that got set up when I went for my anti D at the hospital because she just by chance measured my stomach and I was measuring 3 weeks ahead... so don't think my usual midwife knows I did all that!)

mummypink
March 26th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Haha, it's cold here too Suregena. Still down to about minus 10 during the night time, and we only have the wood burner in the living room heating the house so our bedroom is always cold and no reason for me waking up so hot! Very odd!
Really hoping Spring is around the corner I am so ready for it! 6 months of snow is getting very boring now.

Good luck mrshoneyz! Can't wait to hear your news and see pictures of your lo. :) xx

suregena
March 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Baby is head down and anterior! Sheesh... so glad to have that information now, finally!

I'm no longer measuring 3 weeks ahead... but now 1 week behind? How silly is all that? Haha.

mrshonyez
March 26th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks ladies! I'm just waiting on the call back to see if they'll have a room available. I sure hope they do!

TT_3814
March 26th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Good luck today, Mrshonyez!!! xx

Rosie85
March 26th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Good luck mrshonyez! Super exciting! Really hope they have a room for you soon!

Surgena, baby is in a great position for you! Woohoo! I think the measurement could be off since two different people measured or maybe from your sickies, you lost some weight?

Ladies it is finally starting to warm up here, expected 50 degree weather in a couple days! Time to get the carseat in the car and my bags packed. I refused to let teddy come until it was warm, haha.

mrshonyez
March 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks ladies, they didn't have room :( I've been bumped to Thursday now, and crossing my fingers I don't go into labor on my own before then.

Tiffani3
March 26th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Oh god that sucks mrshonyez :(
Hope you can hold out till then xx

mrshonyez
March 26th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks, I'm going in this afternoon to make sure I haven't progressed from last week. I'm just terrified of not being at the hospital when everything starts!

hotdogz&boyz
March 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Ugh :( No room?! How frustrating! I hope they get it together before Thursday! I am sure you are anxious to get the show on the road! Good luck :)

Tiffani3
March 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Hopefully if you have progressed they'll just keep you in there fx hun and good luck xx

Cinss
March 26th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Thats great news Suregena :) Hoping to hear the same at my next appointment!

So excited for you Mrshoneyz! Try not to stress, and wow Thursday is not far away, try to rest up before then :)

Its still hot here where we live yesterday was 31 degrees Celcius which is 87 degrees in Farenheight. So it is supposed to be cooling down shortly and i am expecting a winter baby, but i dont see it cooling down that much in the next 8 weeks!

Bimby
March 27th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Great news Gena :) im pretty sure my bub is LOA too by where I'm feeling kicks although she's a mover so anything is possible lol
Mrshonyez how was your check?? Are u at home now?? Can't wait to hear how u go Thurs x

Rosie85
March 27th, 2013, 02:28 AM
I'm pretty positive my babe is LOP and I'm not happy about it...is there a reason all of my babies are posterior? I've never done much research into it.

I've noticed a bunch of night sweats like everyone else, so gross. I've also been extremely tired and swollen on and off which is a first for me. I am excited for this weekend to pass, I am ready for baby anytime after that although I'd like to hold out for next Thursday as my son has a field trip Wednesday, I'd be sad if he didn't get to go!

Cinss
March 27th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty positive my babe is LOP and I'm not happy about it...is there a reason all of my babies are posterior? I've never done much research into it.

Apparently we are seeing a lot more posterior bubs because of our lifestyles. My midwife said because we spend less time on our hands and knees scrubbing floors and more time reclining in comfy arm chairs and sofas. The baby's back is the heavier side so it will fall that way depending on how we sit and lay during our pregnancy.

suregena
March 27th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I have a 4D scan next week! Wheeee! :D

Rosie85
March 27th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Cinss, that makes sense. I am on my hands and knees a ton though, cleaning the toys constantly! Haha. I did read though lop is better than rop so yippee! Maybe baby will turn during labor for me :-)

hotdogz&boyz
March 27th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I have a 4D scan next week! Wheeee! :D

I hope your little one cooperates! I have tried twice now...and baby wants NOTHING to do with it :( I won't be trying again. But she is ROP at the moment, but there is not a pocket of fluid between her and the placenta, so even when she turns for a more profile-like shot, we couldn't see anything :(. I admit I am a bit disappointed. But it will just be a surprise what she looks like. She showed us girl parts. Lol. Little hussy!

Sending good thought for you mrshonyez! Hope it's a go tomorrow!

mrshonyez
March 27th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Well the good news is, I hadn't progressed any since my last check. She offered to strip my membranes, but I declined because I actually don't want to go into labor unless I'm up there lol. They were full again today, like I figured they would be, so I'm crossing my fingers tomorrow is the day! Thanks ladies!

suregena
March 27th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I hope your little one cooperates! I have tried twice now...and baby wants NOTHING to do with it :( I won't be trying again. But she is ROP at the moment, but there is not a pocket of fluid between her and the placenta, so even when she turns for a more profile-like shot, we couldn't see anything :(. I admit I am a bit disappointed. But it will just be a surprise what she looks like. She showed us girl parts. Lol. Little hussy!

I hope she cooperates too! There is no rescan!

Cinss
March 27th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Cinss, that makes sense. I am on my hands and knees a ton though, cleaning the toys constantly! Haha. I did read though lop is better than rop so yippee! Maybe baby will turn during labor for me :-)

I am on my hands and knees a lot too (not cleaning toys though haha) I dont know i just guess we wait and see what our bubs do later on.