PDA

View Full Version : surprised by dream do I really feel like this?

iluvmybigfamily
April 15th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Ok All my dreams this pregnancy have been that I'm having a boy and I've always been ok with it. Think once I had a dream that it was a boy and I was like oh ok. But last night I had a dream that we went to the scan and the girl said oh look its a boy and showed us a really clear potty shot! and paused it there and I burst into tears I mean absolute no consoling hysterics!

I actually woke up thinking if this isnt a girl I'mdone no more babies. I have to say I'm very surprised with myself obviously I want a daughter thats why I post here but it has always been a desire not a disappointment. I've always been happy with my boys and even after being told my last was a girl and him being born a boy I wasnt devastated just more a ah typical LOL reaction.

So wondering if anyone has thought that the gender wasnt a mojor issue went for their scan and been really gutted after thinking you'd be ok with it. I have to admit that dream has really unnerved me, now I'm terrified that I'll be a jibbering wreck at the hospital and make a complete show of myself!

My DH wants to wait to find out if we are having a boy or girl until the birth but my sister is due 3 days after my scan and I'm worried if she had a girl I'll really not enjoy the rest of my pregnancy because she will have my dg and I'll be same as now convinced this is another boy!

TTC5
April 15th, 2011, 05:38 PM
With my 3rd I admit I was pretty gutted =(
I think what you are worried of it completely normal (and ok!!) x

sela
April 16th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Hi ILuvMyBigFamily. I never knew GD existed until last year. I never could have anticipated how I would feel when I found out I was expecting my third DS. I was secretly hoping for a girl but for some insane reason it had never crossed my mind that my baby might be a boy. I found out that my third baby was a boy at around 20wks pregnant. I got home and cried for the best part of 2 weeks. I couldn't touch my belly as I had before, I couldn't talk to my bump as I had before and I generally felt very disconnected from my baby and extremely worried about how I would bond with him after his birth. Most of all I felt so terribly guilty about feeling that way. My DH reassured me that I was a caring person and would no doubt love our baby. I got on with things for the remainder of the pregnancy but asked my DH to consider HT if I still felt this longing desire for a girl after our son was born. Fast forward and our DS is here, he's perfect and I would not swap him for any little girl. Bonding was not a problem. I love him dearly and probably even more so because of my guilty feelings. I still really want a daughter and am now looking into HT. I don't want to risk a natural pregnancy with another boy and feel the way I felt last year.

So there you go...my story for what it is worth. I just wanted to let you know that we cannot help how we feel. Take care and go easy on yourself if you do experience feeling this way. xx

Belle
April 17th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I had dreamt that I was having girls but I have two boys so dreams are opposite for me yours might mean an opposite too. You might be surprised your sister may have a boy but gd for me gets worse I would find out before birth to get use to the idea because waiting till birth with my second was not a pretty site on my part and feel guilty about it still now nearly five years later Good Luck

iluvmybigfamily
April 17th, 2011, 08:14 AM
thanks Belle thats what I'm worried about I had prepared myself that the tech could have been wrong cause at 20 weeks I was told boy, but I was still a bit upset. The fear is that I have every so convinced that it is a girl. Especially DH and my Dad who was not only right with my 5 but with me my bro and sister as well. I just think it will be an even bigger blow if the day comes and its a boy. I know I will love him thats not the issue but to risk not bonding with him straight away and spending years feeling guilty about it I cant deal with. I was like that with my first due to a difficult labour and post natal depression and now he is terminally ill I feel so angry with myself because I feel I wasted those first few years with him. But I know that it wouldnt be that bad again perhaps a day or two of not bonding. Also I kept dreaming pink through my last two pregnancies (cant remember before that) and I had boys always put it down to the fact that I was suffering gender desire, So I was quite surprised that this time all my dreams have been blue. Think its another reason I need to find out before hand because with all the factors I keep convincing myself that its pink! If its not I think I need time to prepare though knowing my luck the little rascal will have their legs closed!!