PDA

View Full Version : WantingPink's sway and... IT'S A GIRL!!

WantingPink
March 3rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
So I want to start out by saying that I don't feel like I did a "real" sway. DH and I were planning on trying sometime in March and I was going to start a hard core diet/supplements in January however, we got a BFP in December!! Just confirmed it is a girl and since I did make some fairly significant changes over the past 1.5 years I thought I should post them here since it might help someone else. I would call this the "slow and steady wins the race" sway:)

TTC a Girl Sway Attempt

Gender Result:
GIRL!! Confirmed with DNA and Ultrasound!!

DW Age:

Current Children's Gender(s):
boy, boy

Number of Months TTC:

Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No

DIET:
Did you follow a diet plan?
No

If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
I didn't follow a diet however, I did eat differently than I did with my boys.

Comments regarding DW's diet changes:
I made diet changes about 1 year ago. I stopped exercising so I had to control my weight with diet. I did this with cutting calories and I didn't eat very many fruits and veggies like I would normally. I thought was I was trying to decrease my overall health.

Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes

Did DH change his diet with you?
No

Comments regarding DH's diet-
He didn't have any diet changes. If anything he ate more and definitely ate worse than he did when we conceived the boys.

Did you consume alcohol?
Yes!! This was another change I made in an attempt to ruin my health:) With my boys I didn't drink much... maybe an average of 1 drink every other week. For the last year I have had 1-2 drinks a day!! Usually red wine or margaritas (my drink of choice).

Did you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, with my boys I would drink 1-3 cups of caffeinated coffee a day. I have not been drinking coffee for the last 3 years and when I do it is always decaf with lots of cream and sugar.

Any Diet Details?
No details. I didn't do a LE diet, I was maintaining my weight with my diet so it was overall lower calorie but didn't exclude any foods.

Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
Did this over a year

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
130 lbs/BMI of 25 which is heavy for me. I was heavier and carried more fat than with my boys. I was a serious exercise junky with my boys. I definitely decreased my muscle mass and increased fat composition compared to my boys. This was done over a 1.5 year period. I was planning on crash diet for my sway to cut fat if I didn't get PG in December.

Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Did no "real" exercise. With my boys I would run 30-40 minutes 5 times a week and lift weights another 3-4 times a week. I was very fit. I completely stopped exercising about 1.5 years ago.

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
Not known

Any VG potions used?
None

CM pH at attempt
unknown

DH pH
unknown

How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?

BD Dates according to Ovulation
O+12

Any additional comments?
No EWCM... only slightly watery. With my boys there was a ton of EWCM.

THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers:
Abstained for at least 10 days.
Also DH took a job 3 hours out of town so he drives to and from work 3 hours (maybe cooked the Y?). Since he works out of town abstaining was fairly easy.

BD Position
Missionary

Did you Jump and Dump?
Yes!! Didn't do this when conceiving the boys.

Any relevant attempt details?
-only did one attempt

SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements
None

DH Supplements
None

Any additional supplement info?
None

Did you do anything with Ions?
No

Moon Phase during conception?
Unknown

Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
no

Things that make me feel great about my sway:
None

Things worth mentioning:
With my boys I had a very stressful job. I worked 60+ hours a week and I was stressed out all the time. With this one I had quit my job when DS2 was born and I am not nearly as stressed.

Also, I conceived both of my boys in July (lots of sun and activity) and we conceived this little one in December. Not sure if it helped but it didn't hurt:)

My thought with my lifestyle changes were I was attempting to decrease my overall health without completely ruining myself.

Thank you Gender Dreaming!! I really do think this info I learned from this sight helped give me the DD that I have always dreamed of. Although I didn't do an official "sway" I did make a lot of lifestyle changes over a long period of time that I really do think it made the difference!!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Huge congrats, so happy for you!!!

retrolove1
March 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Congratulations. So happy for you.

Hopefully my sway will work too then because I've gone from eating what I want when I want all day long to having set meals and no snacking! xxx

6bluewant1pink
March 3rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
Congrats!

Violet_
March 3rd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Congratulations on getting your little girl. Love sways like yours as they give others hope.

Sweet mummy
March 3rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Congrats on your DD!!

woca
March 3rd, 2013, 06:15 PM
Congratulations! Really great that you are getting your girl!!

coralsky
March 4th, 2013, 05:36 PM
fantastic!! congrats on your baby girl!!!