PDA

View Full Version : Girl comment

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
April 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM
It just made me think today at the preschool the same women who made the comment to me about trying 3x and getting 3 girls also commented when this nice mother who has twin girls and an older daughter and also babysits another baby girl was talking about her relatives. She was talking about them because they help her and her cousin out with the girls at the preschool picking them up and dropping them off etc.

Anyway the women said to her something about "all the girls". I mean it may have not meant anything but being she commented to me and I did not like it. I always listen very carefully to what she says.

Another example is this other mother had a boy after 2 girls. She said to her "oh finally". I mean what kind of thing is that to even say?

This mom has a boy and girl. So what does she expect everyone to have a boy then a girl or vice versa?

She is so thankful that she has a boy and a girl but guess what she is divorced.

I feel like saying to her. "maybe it is better to have a boy and a girl and no husband". I just feel like saying that to her being I am so sick of her gender comments that I have heard since September waiting to pick up my daughter from school.

I just try to be casual and polite to her and that is it. Today I just commented that she had her glasses on and I liked that look. I try to talk about anything to her other than the kids or gender. It would be more uncomfortable if I just acted mean to her. But I do not small talk with her hardly ever. Today I said that because she sat right next to me OMG.

TTC5
April 15th, 2011, 09:56 PM
LOL that would be a great comeback :P

Some people are just plain rude!

Having 4 girls myself, the things some people say are cruel and heartless =(

raspberry73
April 30th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I would have a hard time being polite too.

CapricornAquarius
June 9th, 2011, 07:31 AM
My neighbour who also has a boy & girl, commented the other day to one of our other neighbours, 'so thats it for you cause you have one of each now', it made me mad, I felt like saying 'so everyone who has more then 2 kids are trying for boys & girls, what if you just want more then 2 kids regardless of gender. Some people just say the most st*** comments:mad: