PDA

View Full Version : Girl???

mamabear
March 5th, 2013, 02:13 AM
We had our gender scan today, heartbreakingly one twin has passed away.

The surviving twin the ultrasound tech seemed pretty adamant it was a girl. But I've just looked at our disc of photos and this is the only gender shot included. It has 3 white lines but there's nothing to really work out where on the body those 3 lines are! I can't work out if there's legs in the picture or what. What do the GD experts think?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/muggins_00/13-03-05-110551_BABIESTHOMPSON_20130305_110551_0005_zps36be 4b86.jpg

*ruby*
March 5th, 2013, 02:34 AM
I'm not very good at gender scans but just wanted to say i'm so sorry about the loss of this baby's twin. I hope you're doing okay x

Rainbow baby
March 5th, 2013, 05:48 AM
I am so sorry for your loss mamabear! Looks girly to me !! I am no expert though!

Jadis
March 5th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I'm sorry for the loss of this baby's twin. I'd bet my bottom dollar that this is a girl, though.

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

I think that's a girl. Wishing you peace of mind and safe rest of pg.

inshaallahxx
March 5th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss but I pray dearly for the health of your other baby and that it is the girl you prayed for!

Violet_
March 5th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Very sad hun. So sorry you are going through this. This one does look like a girl. Lots of hugs at this hard time.

WantingPink
March 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of the twin. Glad you have one that is doing well and looks like a girl. I just had a 15 week gender scan done and it wasn't easy for the tech to get a really good shot. If your tech told you it was a girl and gave you this shot then I would believe that!! At this stage it is fairly easy to tell and even if there is a mistake most of the time it is from boys turning into girls. At 16 weeks it is fairly easy for a good experienced tech to tell. I really do think you have a girl in there but I know how you feel also... wanting that perfect gender shot to put your mind at ease.

5boysandcounting
March 5th, 2013, 11:22 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I do think that baby looks like a little girl. Thinking of you x

mamabear
March 6th, 2013, 11:19 PM
we had a medical scan yesterday as the Dr needed a formal scan report and full measurements of both babies. We asked her if she thought girl was accurate and she didn't think so. Gah.

mrs magoo
March 7th, 2013, 06:09 AM
sorry for your loss. praying you other bubba is safe and well whichever gender but fx for pink!

mamabear
March 14th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Having our gender scan redone in approximately 48 hours. Fingers crossed they still say girl and we get a better pic this time!

Am3a
March 14th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Fingers crossed for you!!! X

mamabear
March 17th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Just updated in the ultrasound predictions section, today they said boy.

Am3a
March 17th, 2013, 10:31 AM
((((((mamabear))))))

Remember - You're allowed to be sad and disappointed. And you're allowed to grieve for the loss of a dream.

When you're ready - you must trust that things happen for a reason. This amazing, strong, beautiful little boy has chosen YOU... Not the other way around.

Just wait and see! <3 ❤

Wishing you lots and lots of love. Xx

*ruby*
March 17th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I hope you're doing okay mama. That must have been really hard after being told girl initially.

Ashmeaquestion
June 17th, 2013, 10:58 PM
I'm SO sorry! This one looks like a girl to me.