April 16th, 2011, 08:01 AM
For ions, and what ones?
Anyone here who doesn't bother?

Flava
April 16th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I never did but if this works I will.So bump it up:bigsmile:

My Fabulous Children
April 16th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I do burn incense. I get mine from the Indian store near us. It's callled Agarbatti Two in One Metro. Does the brand metter?

TTC5
April 16th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I don't think the brands matter? Just what it is made of??
How often do you burn, Fab?

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I do burn incense. I get mine from the Indian store near us. It's callled Agarbatti Two in One Metro. Does the brand metter?

I don't think the brand matters because all incense is supposed to yield pos. ions when burned.

Chunksta
April 18th, 2011, 06:54 AM
i do i just burn the good old Eucalyptus Oil whenever i remember but i also do it as i love the smell!

TTC5
April 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM
It is quite refreshing hey!

Flava
April 18th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Where can I buy this incense oil? I really have no clue about it. So any oil to burn it just have to be incense?

TTC5
April 18th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Incense and oil are two different things, oils are just that; oil (you use an oil burner) and incense are sticks that you light and smoulder =)

TTC5
April 18th, 2011, 06:32 PM
New age shops sell them too x

My Fabulous Children
April 19th, 2011, 12:33 AM
I don't think the brands matter? Just what it is made of??
How often do you burn, Fab?

2-3 times a week. I burn incense after cleaning and love the smell too!!

My Fabulous Children
April 19th, 2011, 12:35 AM
I don't think the brand matters because all incense is supposed to yield pos. ions when burned.

Thanks.

Flava
April 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Ok I remember now! I use to do this a lot back when it was just me and DH. But what about the smoke? It's safe for the kids?
So I can go and buy whatever I find it don't matter at all what kind?

TTC5
April 19th, 2011, 11:19 PM
It can matter what type (I burn frankensence) just not what "brand".. hth x

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM
I looked into this a bit more and the type of OIL matters if you burn it in an essential oil burner. But ALL incense ionizes pos. when burned, so any incense is ok.

Flava
April 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM
I looked into this a bit more and the type of OIL matters if you burn it in an essential oil burner. But ALL incense ionizes pos. when burned, so any incense is ok.

Ok so it don't matter and what brand?? Because TTC5 said type matter...sorry if I sound dumb but I don't have any and like to buy some incense and of course the right one! It's not even easy to find any because we don't have all kind of stores around here:sigh:

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Ok that was actually my confusion originally. Some essential oils yield positive ions when diffused and so I had told TTC5 that the kinds of incense might matter because of that. But when I went to answer this thread the first time I found out that ALL incense regardless of kind still yields pos. ions, it's only when pure essential oils are put in an oil diffuser and diffused that they ionize differently. When it's incense, it doesn't matter what kind or type because the smoke makes the pos. ions and the oil doesn't diffuse, it burns. I am sorry for any bad info!!!

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2011, 10:35 AM
Ok I remember now! I use to do this a lot back when it was just me and DH. But what about the smoke? It's safe for the kids?
So I can go and buy whatever I find it don't matter at all what kind?

That is a really good question flava. I don't know if it's safe for kids or not. From what I read, negative ions are good for health and pos are bad! :confused: I would guess that it's not super good for kids because it's smoke and it would seem like it could be bad esp. for babies and kids with asthma.

I do know that when my DH burns incense it gives me really bad allergies.

Flava
April 23rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks so much! Well I only find some in walmart so far but I don't like the smell, so have to keep looking.
I guess I will only burn it at night after the kids are sleeping in the living room or in my room. better safe , right?

TTC5
April 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM

Oh really? Bugger wish I knew that earlier, was told something different on ig xx

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks so much! Well I only find some in walmart so far but I don't like the smell, so have to keep looking.
I guess I will only burn it at night after the kids are sleeping in the living room or in my room. better safe , right?

I totally agree!!! :agree:

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Oh really? Bugger wish I knew that earlier, was told something different on ig xx

What were you told??? I was going off of some old IG threads but you know how doing research on IG is, one step forward, then attacked by chimps 700 times.

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 12:45 AM
Hi atomic, i was told that certain blends sway such as sandlewood sways punk which is my fav incense:(

ThroughWithBlue
May 2nd, 2011, 02:15 AM
Hi! I'm not TTC blue but I thought I could help as I burn oil constantly, never knew it swayed blue - no wonder! Bath and Body Works (they have a website too) has TONS of oils. They all smell so so good. If they are too much go on eBay, I have a favorite that isn't made anymore I get on there in bundles for cheap. I saw some were wondering where to get the oils from. I also got a burner from eBay for .99 or something. hope i helped!