PDA

View Full Version : which fruits/vegetables are good for TTC boy

princessap
April 16th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I am back on the swaying bandwagon and just doing a mild sway...just wondering if someone can tell me what fruits/veggies are good for TTC boy.
also, are almonds allowed??
thanks

atomic sagebrush
April 16th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Pretty much all fruits and veg. are allowed on the boy diet, but esp. tomatoes, celery, potatoes, bananas, pineapple, apricots, melon, oranges, and cherries. Most ladies eat iceberg lettuce for salads.

Some people limit veg. that are higher in calcium (such as kale, dark green salad lettuces, and broccoli) but there is SO little calcium even in the vegetables that have a lot, that I believe those sources are pretty much irrelevant - but if it's important to you to limit calcium, you should avoid them. I think eating a wide variety of fruits and veg. is very important for TTC blue and I think you should aim to eat NINE a day (that sounds like a lot but serving size is smaller than you think)

Almonds are a bit controversial because they do have calcium and are not allowed for blue by either the French Diet or on IG, but I believe that they are a great boy food because they are very nutritious, have protein, have the good fats, and are believed to raise testosterone. I ate 1/2 cup of almonds a day for years just before I conceived my DS 3 so I know there is no way that they prevent you from having boys.