PDA

View Full Version : Prediction Based on Sway (63% Accuracy)

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 02:08 PM
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST A GUESS IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT BE UPSET BY ME *GUESSING* WHAT YOUR BABY'S GENDER MIGHT BE. I DON'T WANT ANYONE MAD AT ME JUST BECAUSE I DON'T TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR. THIS IS FOR FUN ONLY AND IT IS BASED ON *MY* RESEARCH (IE: STUDIES AND STATISTICS I HAVE READ) AND MAY NOT MATCH YOUR OWN RESEARCH OR THE RESEARCH OF OTHERS. PLEASE TAKE ANY GUESSES WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

Post your sway and I'll give you what I think your odds are for a particular gender. If you didn't sway, you can still fill out the questionnaire.

QUESTIONNAIRE AT BOTTOM.

I did this in my due date club and so far have been right 81% of the time (it was 100% for swayers, but there weren't many there), and that was going off non-swayers info, so sometimes I was missing information a swayer would have had that could have affected my results. I'm curious how my guesses hold up for swayers.

I'm curious how my swayed guesses will go here. My guesses will be given in percentages and will be separated by swayers and non swayers and "leans" (when I think it could go either way, but leans slightly one way than another) as well as my stats overall. (I won't include my stats from a previous forum, but you can read about those stats on page 5 of this thread).

Total Guesses with Confirmed Genders: 19
BOY GUESS STATS(3/6): 50% Correct
GIRL GUESS STATS (9/13): 69% Correct
OVERALL STATS (12/19): 63% Correct

Swayers

Girl Guesses
Wanting a Girl (61%-71%) -- WRONG
Sway&Wish (61%-71%)
Mrs. P (61%) -- CORRECT
oliveviews (60%)
6bluewant1pink (57%-62%) -- WRONG
BabyGirl4Me (58%) -- CORRECT
mommymahcine! (57&)
strawberrymom (57%) -- CORRECT
wannagirl21 (55%-56%) -- CORRECT
Thorz300 (55%) -- CORRECT
ICB3 (55%) -- WRONG
hplnvf03 (54-59%) -- CORRECT
hotdogz&boyz (51%-56%) -- CORRECT
Mel1983 (53%) -- CORRECT
Natalie (53%-58%) -- CORRECT (sadly lost)
oxox2013 (55-59%)
Dreamofpink (55%)
aftmjt (51%)
hlmcdaniels (51%-61%)
kaseybaby (53%-60%)
My3SweetPeas (53%) -- WRONG
Lizzie Lizard (52%)

Boy Guesses
TrueBlue (58%) -- WRONG
Elements (55%) -- WRONG
Navywife620 (54%) -- CORRECT
Kiara (53%-56%) -- CORRECT
DLTAG89 (58%) -- WRONG
shining star (55% boy-50% toss up) -- CORRECT

Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!):
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived?
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived?
Were you on Clomid?
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive?
Your BMI?
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer?
How old are you?
What "position" did you conceive in?
Did you have the big "o" while DTD?
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days?
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception?
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception?
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant?
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD?
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs?
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC?
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant?
Did you lift weights?
Did you do cardio?
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories?
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something?
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues?
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy?
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy?
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...?

Thorz300
March 6th, 2013, 02:14 PM
http://http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/24765-thorz300-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/24765-thorz300-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html) let's see if this link works

The Anchor
March 6th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Wow Inky, awesome! I bet you'll be very busy very soon :)

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Thorz, I can make a guess based on what you gave here, but that guess might change depending on the answers to these additional questions:

Did DH drink on any of your sway nights?
What day did you Ovulate?
Were you or your husband sick this month?
Does he wear boxers or briefs?
Were you stressed when you conceived, and if so, what were you stressed about?
Did you do nub theory or ramzi theory yet this pregnancy? What did it suggest (or do you have pictures)

As it stands, I would guess 56% chance of having a girl :) I will update this number for you if you answer more of the above questions (whatever you can).

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Wow Inky, awesome! I bet you'll be very busy very soon :)

This is fun for me. I also want to see how good I am at guessing HAHA. I just got a positive screening for Downs and had new blood work done to get the "yes or no" so I need something to occupy my free time until I get the results so I don't end up googling too much...

Thorz300
March 6th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Thorz, I can make a guess based on what you gave here, but that guess might change depending on the answers to these additional questions:

Did DH drink on any of your sway nights?
What day did you Ovulate?
Were you or your husband sick this month?
Does he wear boxers or briefs?
Were you stressed when you conceived, and if so, what were you stressed about?
Did you do nub theory or ramzi theory yet this pregnancy? What did it suggest (or do you have pictures)

As it stands, I would guess 56% chance of having a girl :) I will update this number for you if you answer more of the above questions (whatever you can).

We don't drink alcohol at all.
I ovulated either jan 7 or jan 8 FF Says jan 8
Neither of us smoke at all.
We were both sick with sinus infections and taking sudafed
Nope I wasn't too stressed it was my most relaxed month ttc.
I'm not far enough along for nub theory and haven't had a scan yet so I have no info for ramzi.
Other info you might like to know, I know I ovulated from left ovary, and I take adderall, which atomic says sways pink

Thorz300
March 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM
This is fun for me. I also want to see how good I am at guessing HAHA. I just got a positive screening for Downs and had new blood work done to get the "yes or no" so I need something to occupy my free time until I get the results so I don't end up googling too much...
Oh no!! When do you get the results?

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Okay, doesn't change it much, then. I would say 55% girl :)

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 02:39 PM
In two weeks! My odds were 1 in 195, which isn't horrible, and might be related to the vanishing twin they seem to keep forgetting about.

The Anchor
March 6th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Oh no Inky, you must be a mess - how long do you have to wait?

The Anchor
March 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Mine were 1 in 230 with my DS, due to my age. I'm sure she is FINE. I have a g/f who got 1 in 15, NO KIDDING, and her son is 100% down's free.

Thorz300
March 6th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks! It's not a huge lean on the pink side but its better than going the other way.
It may not help much to hear my sister had a downs scare with her daughter a while back and her numbers were around 1 in 100 and everything turned out ok for her.
I hope it all is ok for you too

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks so much <3 I don't think the odds are horrible. I am handling it pretty well, I think. Of course I'm more worried than I would have been with a negative screen, but I still think everything is going to be okay :)

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks! It's not a huge lean on the pink side but its better than going the other way.
It may not help much to hear my sister had a downs scare with her daughter a while back and her numbers were around 1 in 100 and everything turned out ok for her.
I hope it all is ok for you too

Thanks. Hmm, now my posts have to be approved for moderator approval. I wonder why... Anyway, whenever this shows up, I think 1 in 195 isn't terrible odds. It's like .05% But I'll feel better when I know for sure.

The Anchor
March 6th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks. Hmm, now my posts have to be approved for moderator approval. I wonder why... Anyway, whenever this shows up, I think 1 in 195 isn't terrible odds. It's like .05% But I'll feel better when I know for sure.

That's weird...I approved your post, the anti-spam software is so touchy. Anyway, HUGS inky...

Emily
March 6th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I got that moderator message a while back but my posts just appeared straightaway. I think it was a technical glitch. hope all goes well for you. - just wanted to say that people have parted with millions on odds far worse than those:)

Wanting-a-girl
March 6th, 2013, 02:58 PM
ahhh i havnt dont my sway thing yet so i will write it lol

LE diet for 8 weeks
no caffeine for over a year
lost 10lbs on the diet
i was a smoker
dh is a smoker of smokes and pot
he drinks caffine he does not drink alcohol
we abstained for 30 days then did frequent release for six days
did a 3 day cut off all my boys were O days
my nub leans toward girl
i have a stresssful life but who doesnt lol but i think my attemp was right around the time of the conneticut shooting and it really took a toll on me
i was taking asprin and folic acid for 8 weeks
my attempts we used spermicide (small amounts)
i was taking tylenol with codiene for 10 days thought it can only help my sway lol
I did not do the big O it was hard but i didnt lol and we did a mix of him on top or me

Mrs_P
March 6th, 2013, 04:01 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/14881-mrs_p-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html this is mine - gender still not officially confirmed so cvs could be wrong - what do you reckon

hotdogz&boyz
March 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I am gonna hide my siggy, since I already know what I am having (no cheating!). But I thought it would be fun to get what you think my percentage would be for a successful sway. Feel free to ask any pertinent questions (I'll answer the above ones since you asked about those specifically).

Did DH drink on any of your sway nights? Nope, neither of us drink
What day did you Ovulate? September 1st 2012
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? Never smoked before, neither has DH
Were you or your husband sick this month? Yes, I was sick with a cold right about the time of conception. DH was not sick.
Does he wear boxers or briefs? He wore briefs
Were you stressed when you conceived, and if so, what were you stressed about? Not stressed about anything. DH was not either, he actually had an easy summer at work
Did you do nub theory or ramzi theory yet this pregnancy? What did it suggest (or do you have pictures)My Ramzi's was not reliable because it was abdominal. I did get a guess from a Ramzi's guessed and she said she would have said "girl." My nub theory was from 11w6d measuring and it was girly.

We were swaying for a girl. Although it wasn't a hard-core sway. I was on the IG (in gender) diet for about a month in July. But it wasn't my thing and I stopped by August 1st. When my period started in August, I went on the LE diet and was strict for the two weeks before ovulation and for the week after ovulation.

I have naturally low blood sugar and skipped breakfast daily. DH didn't change his diet. I was eating veggie, but only for those two weeks. I am a natural carnivore. I limited caffeine, but that is normal for me.

Supps/meds info: I was taking just baby aspirin, for an underlying condition. I take it all the time. I also used refresh before our attempts. DH was taking licorice root and also takes Zyrtec daily for allergies. He was also taking cranberry and calcium (he admitted he only did the calcium "sometimes" because he hated swallowing them).

DTD info: we tried twice that month, the first was after an abstain of only 5 days. The second was two days following. I am fairly certain the second attempt was the successful one. One was missionary without O (first one), one was woman on top with O (second attempt). No dump and jump.

Lifestyle: I was still nursing a toddler a couple times a day. I was up about 3-4 times at night with him as well (averaging about 6 hours of sleep total). As stated, I was getting a cold at the time as well. I have never been an exerciser and didn't change that. My BMI was about 22.5 at the time. The lowest of my conceptions, I had lost about 10lbs in 2 weeks on the LE crash diet. Although my pattern over the past year was more losing than gaining, since I was taking off pregnancy weight and nursing. I only had one post-partum period and the ovulation we caught was only the second one that I know of since having my previous child.

We conceived on the full moon. We DTD at night after hot showers. I had a previous eating disorder, I have been in recovery for 6 years at the time of conception. We have two sons. I was 27 and DH was 29 at the time of conception.

How is that? Lol. Long enough for you? So, without looking at previous threads or finding my sway (this says basically what that says)...what are my odds?

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM
That's weird...I approved your post, the anti-spam software is so touchy. Anyway, HUGS inky...

no problem! Just glad I didn't do anything wrong LOL

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Wanting a girl:

My current calculations are:

61%-71% range for girl.

Answer more questions to for accuracy:

date you ovulated
Your age
your bmi
do you lift weights?
did you husband take a hot shower before DTD?
does your husband wear boxers or briefs?
were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant?

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Mrs. P 60% girl

More questions if you want me to update with more accurate odds:
did you DH have any alcohol?
Do you or your dh smoke? If so, heavy or light?
does DH wear boxers or briefs?
Did he take a hot shower before DTD?
Did you “O” while or after DTD?
Do you smoke?
Does DH smoke?

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
hotdogz&boyz
I would have guessed 51-56% girl

Wanting-a-girl
March 6th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Wanting a girl:

My current calculations are:

61%-71% range for girl.

Answer more questions to for accuracy:

date you ovulated
Your age
your bmi
do you lift weights?
did you husband take a hot shower before DTD?
does your husband wear boxers or briefs?
were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant?

I am 25 and DH is 33
No weight lifting for me or him
Boxer briefs
Bmi 21
Dec 18 2012
And he had a bit of a cold
No hot shower

wannagirl21
March 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Hi I just saw this and think I will try it out. here is my sway and sorry I don't know how to do a link.

DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender
2 boy's (3 and 18 months)
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
LE

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
been on diet for 12 weeks before bfp.
No meat, very little banana, potatos a couple times hard not to during Thanksgiving and Christmas, egg whites on mini bagels with little piece of cheese, yoplait light yogurt, veggie sandwhiches from subway, veggie stir fry, homemade pizza etc.. a little crystal light one cup a day.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
yes!! big change cuz I am a big breakfast person so this was hard for me.
Did DH change his diet with you?
a little he did eat a little meat and for dinner is what I made him.
Comments regarding DH's diet-

He had a little coffee, some potatos and meat, I really didn't stress over his diet.

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Just 1 cup a day in morning

Any Diet Details?
had yolait yogurts with cut up strawberries in it. very delish!!!

Lunch/dinner ideas:
Egg white on bagel or veggie sandwhich.

Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE

No excersise only did regular daily things house or errands. I lost almost 15 pounds leading up to attempt.

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO

only tested it once and it said a5 and I never tested again.

Any VG potions used?• Rephresh every 3 day's

CM pH at attempt
a little
DH pH
Unknown
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?1

BD Dates according to Ovulation•
1-2 day's before O we abstained for 7day's and had only one attempt.

Any additional comments?
Hubby only took LR for 7 day's as we decided at the last minute to sway that month.
THE DEED INFO
Abstained 7 day's

BD Position
In shower me straddling him and stood up when he release and then I stood up for a couple minutes and washed away most of the swimmer's.
Did you Jump and Dump?• Yes

Any relevant attempt details?
-
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements•
Vitex af-O with all supps.
SP
Folic acid
Antihistamine( Zyrtec and Benedryl)

DH Supplements•
LR

Any additional supplement info?
-
Did you do anything with Ions?
Yes had rock salt lamp opened my window's and ran my ceiling fans, also on day of ovulation it happened to rain and I was doing errands that day.
Moon Phase during conception?
-
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
-
Things that make me feel great about my sway:

I did pretty well on diet with no meat, I lost good weight and was almost to pre pregnancy weight i was only off by 5 pounds. Vitex and SP and abstain and hubby on LR and the shower attempt.
-
Things that make me nervous about my sway:

Hubby was only on LR for 7 day's wish he was on it longer
-
Things worth mentioning:
-

I was very shocked we got prego off our half hearted dorky attempt we both didn't think it would work, and suprise suprise it worked. I feel like I did everything I could with the info and knowlege atomic has given and did my best. I have prayed for 18 months that God would bless us with a baby girl and most of all a healthy baby. I tryed my very best to realx and not stress about swaying I just did what I could and just let God do the rest. I am very excited about baby number three and no matter what Gender we are gonna have we will love it and cherish no matter what because children are a blessing from the Lord no matter what Gender. Also not sure if we will find out gender but if we decide to I will update, but if we wait I will still update it just won't be until october.

Wanting-a-girl
March 6th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Also I drank about 4 pepermint teas a day double bagged

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Okay, still 61-71 for wanting a girl :)

ICB3
March 6th, 2013, 07:53 PM
http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25950

Hopefully that link works. Thanks!

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM
wannagirl21 57% girl

let me know the date you ovulated, that could change the percent a little.

also

did you drink alcohol?
did your dh?
did you or him smoke? if so, how much
does he wear boxers or briefs?

Inky
March 6th, 2013, 09:19 PM
ICB3 54% girl

more questions
hot shower beforehand or no?

hotdogz&boyz
March 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
hotdogz&boyz
I would have guessed 51-56% girl

It is, in fact, a girl. I was just curious. Lol.

I hope all is fine with your baby girl. I just saw the post about the test results and I will think good thoughts for a false alarm.

Navywife620
March 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Here is mine, I didn't post my sway yet.

Date you conceived: January 31st, 2013
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? No
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? No, but he dips tobacco.
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? Yes
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? No
Were you on Clomid? No
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive? No
Your BMI? 18.9
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? No
How old are you? 24
What "position" did you conceive in? Me on top. He also pulled out mid go.
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? Yes
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? No
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? Abstain for 5 days, DTD 1 day before I ovulated.
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? No
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? No
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? No
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? Boxer briefs
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Didn’t test.
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? Yes
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? LE diet for 6 weeks.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? No stress.
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? No
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Not yet
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? I did O from left side.
This was a surprise BFP. When we DTD I didn’t think I was going to ovulate for another 5 days. DTD one time and he pulled out midway going. I ended about ovulating the next day.

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
It is, in fact, a girl. I was just curious. Lol.

I hope all is fine with your baby girl. I just saw the post about the test results and I will think good thoughts for a false alarm.

Thanks!

And YAY so glad you got your girl!

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Navywife620 54% boy.

Navywife620
March 7th, 2013, 10:30 AM
wow! What about my sway makes you that think that high of a boy percentage. Just curious.

BabyGirl4Me
March 7th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I haven't swayed yet but DH and I will BD when I get a +OPK which I think will happen either tomorrow or Saturday. Input appreciated!!

Date you conceived: Probably March 11 2013
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? No
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? No
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 19.0
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? No, but used lavender oil
How old are you? 29
What "position" did you conceive in? Me on top
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? No (this doesn't happen for me during regular intercourse)
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? No.
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? Yes
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? hot bath - he takes a hot bath every other day usually
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? boxer briefs that are tighter on his "buddies"
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? didn't test
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? probably not losing but not gaining either. This is one of the lowest adult weights I've ever had.
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Minimal protien, no breakfast since late October, Usually ate 1500 - 2000 calories per day
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Yes, but I finally let go and accepted that my sway could fail
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Not yet
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I didn't do the best job with the diet but I took all the supplements recommended on the site and did relaxation hypnotherapy every day. We're also doing 1 attempt this month and using rephresh and aci-jel.

Thank you in advance!!

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM
wow! What about my sway makes you that think that high of a boy percentage. Just curious.

It's really not high :P just about 50/50. I do it based on a point system, and some things are worth more points than others, but not by much. Most things are 1 point, a couple are 2 or 3 points (but not many). Moon phase on conception date.

Some boy factors were you drinking around conception and your husband not. Orgasm during sex. Abstaining for less than a week before DTD. You had some really great girl factors though, so still a good chance it's a girl, and LE diet is supposed to be the most important sway factor and you did that :)

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Hey, BabyGirl4Me, let me know when you get a BFP. I would prefer to make guesses on completed sways so that the data can most likely be updated after the ultrasound :)

Navywife620
March 7th, 2013, 11:32 AM
It's really not high :P just about 50/50. I do it based on a point system, and some things are worth more points than others, but not by much. Most things are 1 point, a couple are 2 or 3 points (but not many). Moon phase on conception date.

Some boy factors were you drinking around conception and your husband not. Orgasm during sex. Abstaining for less than a week before DTD. You had some really great girl factors though, so still a good chance it's a girl, and LE diet is supposed to be the most important sway factor and you did that :)

Thanks! I will update you when we find out the gender

Sway&Wish
March 7th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Hope everything is okay with your LO!

Here is mine! Thanks :)

Date you conceived: Dec 16/17
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? no
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? no
Were you on Clomid? no
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive? no
Your BMI? 19 or so
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? fan
How old are you? 33
What "position" did you conceive in? shallow
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? no
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? no
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? yes (although it was a 2-3 day cut off)
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? no
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? no
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? no
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? boxer briefs
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? not sure
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? yes
Did you lift weights? no
Did you do cardio? no
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? skip breakfast, LE diet
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? not sure
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? no
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? girl
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? dh had regular saunas (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/23726-sway-wish-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html)

wannagirl21
March 7th, 2013, 12:56 PM
wannagirl21 57% girl

let me know the date you ovulated, that could change the percent a little.

also

did you drink alcohol?
did your dh?

No we don't drink alcohol
no we don't smoke
adh wears boxer briefs.

and I ovulated the night of Jan 22nd of our attempt or I ovulated the morning of the 23 rd.

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
wannagirl21 -- 55-56% girl

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Sway&Wish 61-71% chance girl :)

wannagirl21
March 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
wannagirl21 -- 55-56% girl

I just changed one of my answer's to boxer briefs don't know if that changes anything didn't realize they were a little different.

ICB3
March 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
ICB3 54% girl

more questions
hot shower beforehand or no?

Neither of us smoke
He wears briefs
No hot shower

Mrs_P
March 7th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Mrs. P 60% girl

More questions if you want me to update with more accurate odds:
did you DH have any alcohol? - YES on attempts nights around O - we don't usually drink
Do you or your dh smoke? If so, heavy or light? - NO
does DH wear boxers or briefs? - Briefs - he switched during our failed sway with ds3
Did he take a hot shower before DTD? - no
Did you “O” while or after DTD? no
Do you smoke? no
Does DH smoke? no

updated info - how are these calculated ? i'm intrigued

strawberrymom
March 7th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Here's my info. I hope to find out gender around the end of the month.
Date you conceived: Jan 17, 2013
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? never
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? no
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? don't drink
Were you on Clomid? no
Your BMI? 21.1
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? no but lavender soap
How old are you? 38
What "position" did you conceive in? missionary
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? no
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? twice 2day cutoff
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? boxers
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? 5.5 or lower
Did you lift weights? no
Did you do cardio? yes
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? le diet for 3 1/2 months, mostly skipped breakie and had diet cokes every day
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? yes-overwhelmed
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? na
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? na
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? took vitex 1 month straight than af-o,peppermint tea every day, rrl tea every other day, aspirin twice a week, coQ10

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM
ICB3 55% girl :)

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 05:11 PM

61% girl

Okay, here's what I did, basically.

I looked at different things that are shown or said to sway. If it's something that doesn't have studies backing it up, it's worth 1 point. If it's something with studies backing it up with a very slight result, I give it 2 points. If it's something that has huge, notable sway factor, I give it 3 points.

From there I start with 49% (the general odds of having a girl without sway). For anything girl friendly, the points are added. For anything boy friendly, the points are subtracted. That gives me percentage (so if the percentage is 40%, for example, I know that means 60% boy sway. If the perfect is 55, that means 55% girl sway). It's definitely not scientific (though it's based on scientific knowledge) It's more for fun than anything else.

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM

You already know it's a girl?

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 05:15 PM
strawberrymom 57% girl

Navywife620
March 7th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Just a quick question about the alcohol part. Atomic says being drunk at dtd sways pink. And in the LE diet faq she says "Yes. Alcohol may lower fertility for both DH and DW. It can also be a good way to get some potassium and calories without any other nutrients. You do need to include it in your calorie count for the day."

And I did have a fan going in our room, I always do I didn't really think about the ions part. And I was unhealthy vegetarian for 9 months

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Small amounts of wine could sway pink (lowers pH, lowers T/E levels, lowers blood glucose) but the calories in it could sway blue if you drink too much. (It's pretty much great for DH to drink alcohol when swaying pink though! HIS calories won't effect you, and it will raise his estrogen!)

Fans are great for girly ions :)

I also believe being vegetarian sways girl!

Navywife620
March 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM
White wine was my choice of drink! I measured out the serving size and had a glass every night and kept it within my limits

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 06:25 PM
The problem with the WOMAN drinking alcohol is it kinda cancels itself out. It's acidic, which sways girl, but it raises estrogen, and when it raises the woman's estrogen that sways boy (you want low E and low T when swaying girl). Raising the man's estrogen can sway girl though.

Good luck and I hope you get your girl!

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM
before anyone panics, I believe alcohol sways pink in both husband and wife. Essay forthcoming

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I'll be curious to hear that.

All my kids were conceived while drinking (except my youngest girl), so I don't think it's a big sway factor either way (which is why I only give 1 point to the alcohol questions anyway).

I wish I could find the studies I had (this is what I get for not bookmarking) but they said high estrogen in woman is connected to conceiving boys.

But like I said, I haven't been 100% with this points system anyway.

Ah, here's a little...

High Estrogen, boys. High Progesterone, girls:
http://www.drlam.com/a3r_brief_in_doc_format/estrogen_dominance.cfm#6

"Similarly, low levels of magnesium and vitamin B6 are also linked to estrogen dominance, as magnesium and vitamin B6 help to neutralize estrogen levels." Estrogen Dominance (http://www.sharedjourney.com/infertility_estrogen.html)

But raising estrogen is different than estrogen dominance, so it could be some estrogen sways girl but just having too much sways boy.

"Estrogen is an infamous hormone, blamed for just about everything female. Everybody likes to say that women are hormonal and emotional, and estrogen gets the brunt of the blame.
Estrogen works to help trigger the female cycle to begin moving towards ovulation. It peaks several days before ovulation and drops as other hormones begin to surge.It may seem like since estrogen is a “female” hormone that it would influence the conception of a girl, but the opposite is true. When testosterone and estrogen are both high, scientific evidence indicates that the conception of a boy is far more likely."

Your Hormones and Swaying For a Boy | Gender Selection Central (http://www.genderselectioncentral.com/conceive-a-boy/your-hormones-and-swaying-for-a-boy/)

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I wish I could find the actual studies, though.

Last post waiting for moderator approval :)

Still waiting for moderator approval for my post before this one. It has some information in there regarding alcohol and sway. If I have time, I'll try re-posting later if it still hasn't been approved :)

mommymachine
March 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I really hope your still doing this in a month or so when DH and I have our attempt.

wannagirl21
March 7th, 2013, 07:06 PM
How accurate are these do you have a list of the percentages and the outcomes.? just curious.

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Here is from ones I did on another board:

boy guess of 50-70% (Wrong)
boy guess of 63-66% (Correct)
boy guess of 57-60% (Wrong)
boy guess of 56% (Correct)
boy guess of 56% (Wrong)
boy LEAN of 47%-57% (Correct)

(Not so great on the boy guesses LOL)

girl guess of 63-78% (Correct)
girl guess of 54-67% (Correct)
girl guess of 53-66% (Correct)
girl guess of 50-60% (Correct)
girl guess of 56% (Correct)
girl LEAN of 49-52% (Correct)

I am still waiting for more ladies to find out. I probably need to work on this a bit more to figure out why I'm basically just hit or miss with boy guesses but more accurate (so far) with girl guesses.

Kiara
March 7th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Can you guess for me?:)

Date you conceived:around 14 january 2013
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?No
No Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived?
No and no clomid Were you on Clomid?
Your BMI?23
No How old are you? 26
doggy yes i did have big o Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days?no
oDid your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception?no but almostDid you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception?
No we only did it once close to o
no we were not sick Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant?
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD?no

Does your husband wear boxers or briefs?BoxersWhat was your *cm* PH when you were TTC?im not sure, but we used preseed so i guess
around 7Were you losing weight when you got pregnant?very little
Did you lift weights?no
Did you do cardio?no
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories?I tried to eat a bit less sweets than before because the months and weeks before I became pregnant i put on weight and ate a lot. I didnt skip breakfast and tried to eat regularly though.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something?no
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues?no

I hope you can see my answers , maybe it got a bit messy. Thanks!

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 07:56 PM
53-56% boy Kiara

Kiara
March 7th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks, ill tell you if you were right in a few months:)

Inky
March 7th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks. Good luck! I hope you get the gender you wish :) did you sway?

Inky
March 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Re: Alcohol: Alcohol Lowers Testosterone, Increases Estrogen (http://www.stopdrinkingalcohol.com/alcohol-lowers-testosterone.html)

-A man drinking alcohol reduces sperm count (sways girl)
-Alcohol lowers T, but raises Estrogen (sways girl in man, sways boy in woman) (The woman wants low estrogen AND low T when trying to conceive a girl.)
-alcohol hurts sperm count in a man (sways girl)

RE: Keeping T and E low in DW sways girl:
"For DW, higher levels of testosterone and estrogen seem to sway blue, while lower levels of testosterone and estrogen seem to sway pink. Higher levels of progesterone also sway pink." ~From Atomic

Raising E in man sways girl
"Consequently, for DH, it may actually be more helpful for them to be carrying a bit of excess body fat - in men, higher estrogen levels tend to sway pink which in turn lowers testosterone, and since more body fat = more estrogen, this may be the time for us to accept our husband’s beer bellies and love handles!" ~From Atomic
Source for both those quotes: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/1541-hormones-ttc-pink.html

higher estrogen sways girl:
"Higher levels of estrogen are believed to sway BLUE" ~Atomic
SOURCE: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/1881-super-soy-girl-boy.html

So going on what we know about alcohol raising estrogen, it made me stay away.

Note: I am sure a little alcohol doesn't hurt when swaying girl, but I *personally* stayed away from it because I know my hormones adjust easily and I know WAY too many people who conceived boys while having a few drinks a week and got their girl when they abstained from alcohol. I am also in the camp that conceived her boys while having a couple drinks but conceived her girls when abstaining from alcohol (this time intentionally, the last time because I was breastfeeding). I did HEAR (but haven't seen evidence yet) that SMALL amounts of wine (and I haven't heard how small) MIGHT sway pink if the calories/sugars don't sway blue first. I personally decided not to test that theory. Also, alcohol is acidic, which sways girl, BUT acidic the raised estrogen sways boy, so IMO better to stay away from it.

More on Hormones and Gender Selection:
"Scientific evidence strongly indicates that hormones can be used to select the gender of your baby. High levels of estrogen and testosterone have been shown to favor the conception of boys. Other sex hormones, the gonadotropins and progesterone favor conception of a girl. It should be noted that when gonadotropin hormones are administered to a man the result is a boost in testosterone. So a man with high testosterone or receiving gonadotropic or testosterone therapy is more likely to father a son. A man with low testosterone rates overall will most likely father daughters."
SOURCE: Your Hormones and Swaying For a Boy | Gender Selection Central (http://www.genderselectioncentral.com/conceive-a-boy/your-hormones-and-swaying-for-a-boy/)

(there's also some interesting information re: timing int here. I don't believe in timing, but I like that they are basing their timing on hormones instead of other factors)

Estrogen Dominance and Gender... This next part is talking about estrogen dominance, which I'm sure isn't the same as elevating your estrogen ;) but the information is still interested. Sadly, I cannot find the actual studies from when I was making my own TTC plan :( These articles reference studies but don't link to them, so take them with a grain of salt.

Some starter information about Estrogen Dominance
"Similarly, low levels of magnesium and vitamin B6 are also linked to estrogen dominance, as magnesium and vitamin B6 help to neutralize estrogen levels." Estrogen Dominance (http://www.sharedjourney.com/infertility_estrogen.html)

From the above article
"In men, high estrogen levels are linked to low sperm count. In some studies, sperm count levels were found to have dropped by 50%." (this would sway girl, since low sperm count sways girl. I think alcohol is good for the man when swaying pink!)

anyway, remember, it's SWAYING not GETTING. It's not like if you get the "alcohol answer" right you WILL get the gender you want. When I made this questionairre, alcohol is not one of the factors I assigned a lot of points, too. I actually assign more points to the smoking question (well, I either don't subtract or add 1-2 points depending on the answer). I would never tell someone to smoke while TTC, but if you already do, there's evidence it sways girl more than I would have expected. I don't smoke, but DH does.

Re: Smoking:
"The natural birth rate in Europe and North America favours males, with around 105 boys for every 100 girls - although males are more likely to die in infancy."
"In the first group, in which neither parent smoked, for every 100 baby girls there were 121 boys.
But when both parents smoked more than 20 cigarettes a day the figure for male babies fell to its lowest level of just 82.
Where the mother was a nonsmoker but the father smoked more than 20 cigarettes a day, the ratio was 98 boys per 100 girls.
And when the mother was a heavy smoker but the father did not smoke, the figure for boys fell to 87."
SOURCE: Smokers 'more likely to have a baby girl' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-110463/Smokers-likely-baby-girl.html)
SOURCE: BBC News | HEALTH | Smokers produce more baby girls (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1937690.stm)

Inky
March 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
GD keeps eating my informative posts on alcohol :( Will try again. This time I at least saved it.

Let's see if I can edit it in...

Re: Alcohol: http://www.stopdrinkingalcohol.com/alcohol-lowers-testosterone.html

-A man drinking alcohol reduces sperm count (sways girl)
-Alcohol lowers T, but raises Estrogen (sways girl in man, sways boy in woman) (The woman wants low estrogen AND low T when trying to conceive a girl.)
-alcohol hurts sperm count in a man (sways girl)

RE: Keeping T and E low in DW sways girl:
"For DW, higher levels of testosterone and estrogen seem to sway blue, while lower levels of testosterone and estrogen seem to sway pink. Higher levels of progesterone also sway pink." ~From Atomic

Raising E in man sways girl
"Consequently, for DH, it may actually be more helpful for them to be carrying a bit of excess body fat - in men, higher estrogen levels tend to sway pink which in turn lowers testosterone, and since more body fat = more estrogen, this may be the time for us to accept our husband’s beer bellies and love handles!" ~From Atomic
Source for both those quotes: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/1541-hormones-ttc-pink.html

higher estrogen sways girl:
"Higher levels of estrogen are believed to sway BLUE" ~Atomic
SOURCE: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/1881-super-soy-girl-boy.html

So going on what we know about alcohol raising estrogen, it made me stay away.

Note: I am sure a little alcohol doesn't hurt when swaying girl, but I *personally* stayed away from it because I know my hormones adjust easily and I know WAY too many people who conceived boys while having a few drinks a week and got their girl when they abstained from alcohol. I am also in the camp that conceived her boys while having a couple drinks but conceived her girls when abstaining from alcohol (this time intentionally, the last time because I was breastfeeding). I did HEAR (but haven't seen evidence yet) that SMALL amounts of wine (and I haven't heard how small) MIGHT sway pink if the calories/sugars don't sway blue first. I personally decided not to test that theory. Also, alcohol is acidic, which sways girl, BUT acidic the raised estrogen sways boy, so IMO better to stay away from it.

More on Hormones and Gender Selection:
"Scientific evidence strongly indicates that hormones can be used to select the gender of your baby. High levels of estrogen and testosterone have been shown to favor the conception of boys. Other sex hormones, the gonadotropins and progesterone favor conception of a girl. It should be noted that when gonadotropin hormones are administered to a man the result is a boost in testosterone. So a man with high testosterone or receiving gonadotropic or testosterone therapy is more likely to father a son. A man with low testosterone rates overall will most likely father daughters."
SOURCE: http://www.genderselectioncentral.com/conceive-a-boy/your-hormones-and-swaying-for-a-boy/

(there's also some interesting information re: timing int here. I don't believe in timing, but I like that they are basing their timing on hormones instead of other factors)

Estrogen Dominance and Gender... This next part is talking about estrogen dominance, which I'm sure isn't the same as elevating your estrogen ;) but the information is still interested. Sadly, I cannot find the actual studies from when I was making my own TTC plan :( These articles reference studies but don't link to them, so take them with a grain of salt.

Some starter information about Estrogen Dominance
"Similarly, low levels of magnesium and vitamin B6 are also linked to estrogen dominance, as magnesium and vitamin B6 help to neutralize estrogen levels." http://www.sharedjourney.com/infertility_estrogen.html

From the above article
"In men, high estrogen levels are linked to low sperm count. In some studies, sperm count levels were found to have dropped by 50%." (this would sway girl, since low sperm count sways girl. I think alcohol is good for the man when swaying pink!)

anyway, remember, it's SWAYING not GETTING. It's not like if you get the "alcohol answer" right you WILL get the gender you want. When I made this questionairre, alcohol is not one of the factors I assigned a lot of points, too. I actually assign more points to the smoking question (well, I either don't subtract or add 1-2 points depending on the answer). I would never tell someone to smoke while TTC, but if you already do, there's evidence it sways girl more than I would have expected. I don't smoke, but DH does.

Re: Smoking:
"The natural birth rate in Europe and North America favours males, with around 105 boys for every 100 girls - although males are more likely to die in infancy."
"In the first group, in which neither parent smoked, for every 100 baby girls there were 121 boys.
But when both parents smoked more than 20 cigarettes a day the figure for male babies fell to its lowest level of just 82.
Where the mother was a nonsmoker but the father smoked more than 20 cigarettes a day, the ratio was 98 boys per 100 girls.
And when the mother was a heavy smoker but the father did not smoke, the figure for boys fell to 87."
SOURCE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-110463/Smokers-likely-baby-girl.html
SOURCE: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1937690.stm

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM
NOTHING is a big sway factor either way. Even Clomid has produced thousands and thousands of boys.

I think my time would be better spent actually writing essays than debating on this post which is not even the point of this post to begin with. Suffice it to say, I have looked into it fully and I don't think alcohol sways blue. I think maternal condition is everything and it trumps any other theories like prog/estrogen, which, may I add, is totally unproven anyway.

You can find some essays where I mention the traditional sway theories and take them into consideration because many people want the info. That does not mean that I ~believe~ those things to be true. This isn't "swaying atomic's way" it's "gender swaying with opinions by atomic" :)

kaseybaby
March 9th, 2013, 02:47 AM
DID YOU SWAY?: No. I couldn't as I have IF problems
Date you conceived:11/15 or 11/16
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? no
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? yes
Were you on Clomid? No, but I was on injectable IVF drugs
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive? IUI
Your BMI? Not sure but I am 5'4 and weigh 112 lbs
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? fans
How old are you? 32
What "position" did you conceive in? My back
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? Nope
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? no
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? 5 times leading up to conception
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? yes
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? do not know
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? I had lost weight, was holding steady
Did you lift weights? no
Did you do cardio? yes, but was a couch potato for 2 weeks before conceiving
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? I eat breakfast no earlier then 10:30 am, was very close to vegetarian, mostly soups when I conceived
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? A little because my IVF was canceled and made into an IUI
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? Yes.
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Girl
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? I have no idea, some say girl some say boy
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? nope

Inky
March 9th, 2013, 09:31 AM
53-60% girl kaseybaby

kaseybaby
March 9th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks Inky! I will update as soon as I know :)

Navywife620
March 10th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I personally think drinking doesn't sway as much as you think it does. if you look at the girl sway attempts and outcomes plenty of people have gotten boys and did not drink. I never drank when I conceived my boys.

Inky
March 10th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure how you can say that when you don't know how much I think drinking sways. You make it sound like I think it's THE determining factor, and I've never said so.

I give drinking "points" at an equal rate that I give things that are more like "old wives tales" ;) I give it a 1 point sway (which is like 1%). The things I give higher points to are things like the LE diet.

And no matter WHAT sway factor you look at, there will be a lot of people who went against that and got a contrary gender. There are people who do EVERY sway technique perfect and still get a gender opposite. I'm not saying "If you do 'x' sway factor you WILL DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT get 'x' gender.

So, obviously there are people who never drank and conceived boys or who drank tons and conceived girls. It's also hard to isolate 1 sway factor like that; I think it's better when you look at all the factors together.

I'm sorry that my for fun guess wasn't what you wanted to be hear, but it's FOR FUN and does not mean that will be the gender of your baby or even that *I* think it will be. All this means is that based on this SILLY QUIZ THAT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY that I made (with the intention that people would see it as silly and NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY) that score came up, and that considering that ONE factor I altered the overall percentage by ONE PERCENT. One. Not 10. Not me thinking drinking sways a lot or that everyone who drinks has boys and everyone who doesn't has girls. I can see why you think I think it's more important than it is when you think I think that, but the reality is I DON'T think that so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not tell ME what *I* think because you are not in my head and do not know. If would be like me assuming that you wouldn't be having this conversation with me if I had said drinking sways girls and posted links supporting that idea. I don't make that assumption because I'm not you, so I appreciate you not making assumptions about me.

I hope you get your girl and I think you had a great sway :)

Elements
March 11th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Ok so Here is my filled in questionair

DID YOU SWAY?:
Date you conceived: December 12th 2012
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 22.2
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? no
How old are you? 27
What "position" did you conceive in? Doggy
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? A small one. Nothing to write home about
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? Yes
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? Yes
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? Yes
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? Boxers
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? No idea. Wet
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? No
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? Yes
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? low in animal products High in fresh fruits and Vegetables, Low in refinned Sugars, low in gluten. Always eat breakfast.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? No
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Neither - it was clear
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Dont know it
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? Um, was using preseed the proir months and leading p to conception, but the night we conceived we just did it without anything.

Inky
March 12th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Elements 55% boy

Mel1983
March 12th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Elements 55% boy
would you do mine for me please, thanks
DID YOU SWAY?:yes
Date you conceived:6th january
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?no
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?maybe very light
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived?no
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived?no
Were you on Clomid?no
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive?no
Your BMI?20
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer?no
How old are you?30
What "position" did you conceive in?missionary
Did you have the big "o" while DTD?no
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days?yes up to 1-2 days before ovulation
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception?no
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant?no
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs?boxers
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC?dont know
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant?no
Did you lift weights?
Did you do cardio?0nce a week exercise class
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories?had been trying to skip breakfast got it down to 1 piece of toast, dont eat much protein,
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something?no
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy?havent had a scan yet
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...?used sudafed up to ovulation and did a little vinegar douche before the last dtd with hubby

Inky
March 12th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Mel1983 53% girl

Mel1983
March 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Mel1983 53% girl

Thats a low percentage what made me down in points?

Elements
March 12th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Thats a low percentage what made me down in points?

I was going to ask the same question :)

Thank you for your guess. 55% boy is still positive lol

Inky
March 12th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Mel...

first, keep in mind I don't think I've ever given more than a 70% sway (and that was factoring in both ramzi and nub theory, which has less to do with sway and more to do with what is already done), 60% is actually high for a sway guess from me. I try to be modest in how I hand out points to keep in mind that it's still only a sway, not a sure thing, even if you do everything right.

the things that VERY MILDLY brought down the percentage were the no hot shower, the boxers, the being in good health (not sick). some things didn't sway either way (there are some things that I think the presence of might sway boy, but I don't think that necessarily the absence of sways girl, and vice versa). Overall I think you had a very good sway and 53% girl is actually a good percentage when you consider that rarely does it go as high as 60.

Elements...

the things that MILDLY affected your numbers was your age, which SLIGHTLY favors girls. Then the abstain for over a week before DTD, which is a girl sway technique (actually a bit surprising to see that on an intentional boy sway!) Being sick slightly sways girls and hot showers before DTD slightly sways girls. Though when I say slightly, I mean more in a "very well could just been an old wives tale" sort of way. Very few things are proven to really sway a noticeable amount. The only ones I've seen convincing studies on are diet and smoking.

Elements
March 12th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Elements...

the things that MILDLY affected your numbers was your age, which SLIGHTLY favors girls. Then the abstain for over a week before DTD, which is a girl sway technique (actually a bit surprising to see that on an intentional boy sway!) Being sick slightly sways girls and hot showers before DTD slightly sways girls. Though when I say slightly, I mean more in a "very well could just been an old wives tale" sort of way. Very few things are proven to really sway a noticeable amount. The only ones I've seen convincing studies on are diet and smoking.

Okay that makes sense :) we werent even actually trying that month. I had got sick of negitive test so decided to give it a rest for the xmas period. Baby has had other ideas though :)

vanasse2002
March 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
DID YOU SWAY?: Yes, boy
Date you conceived: If it sticks 3/10/13
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? Yes, medium?
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? one beer
Were you on Clomid? no
Your BMI? not sure (5ft 6in, 160lb)
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? ceiling fan
How old are you? 34
What "position" did you conceive in? doggy
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? couple times a week
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? no, but I had the flu 2 weeks prior
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? boxer-briefs
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? no
Did you lift weights? my 2 year old :)
Did you do cardio? no
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? breakfast every day, tried to follow HE with main meals, but didn't snack much...lots of green tea
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? stressed a few weeks before due to so much to do, but then week before was relaxing with a disney vacation
Thanks for your guess even though I don't know if it has stuck yet or not!

Inky
March 13th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Vanesse, congrats! For the conception date, though, I need ovulation date, not positive test date. If 3/10 is your ovulation date I'm guessing you haven't had a positive test yet, in which case message me after you confirm pregnancy so I'm not redoing this every month until you get a BFP. Good luck with your boy sway!

My3SweetPeas
March 13th, 2013, 01:09 PM
DID YOU SWAY?:No
Date you conceived: January 19th
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 37
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? Ionizer
How old are you? 32
What "position" did you conceive in? Missonary
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? No
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception?No
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? Yes
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? I was
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? Briefs
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? No clue
Did you lift weights?No
Did you do cardio?NO
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? I eat 3 meals a day with some snacks. I don't eat the healthiest foods
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Yes/ No
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? I do

Inky
March 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
53% girl My3SweetPeas

hplnvf03
March 15th, 2013, 03:53 PM
DID YOU SWAY?: Kind of, conceived 2 weeks after an early miscarriage. When I thought I was pregnant month before, I started eating really healthy and taking prenatals again.
Date you conceived: 12/6/12
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? Very Light/social
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? "special" cigs, light
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? a little
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? a little
Were you on Clomid? no
Your BMI? 23
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? no
How old are you? 32
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? yes, but we DTD 2 days before O, because I thought it was a positive OPK and again on O after abstaining...
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? yes, one of the times
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? unknown
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? slowly, a little
Did you lift weights? no
Did you do cardio? no
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Skip breakfast
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? EH, kinda, not really. Just a bit anxious to conceive after miscarriage.
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? no
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? girl
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I had more CM that month than I usually do, higher sex drive too. Was taking baby aspirin and zyrtec.

Inky
March 15th, 2013, 09:25 PM
hplnvf03 54-59% girl

True Blue
March 16th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Did you sway? YES
Date of conception? 16 Jan 2013
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? NO
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? NO
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? NO
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? NO
Were you on Clomid? NO
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive? NO
Your BMI? 24
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? Have iPhone and laptop a lot.
How old are you? 31
What "position" did you conceive in? Missionary
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? Tried to :D sometimes after.
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? Every other day since previous cycle, day before O and day of O.
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? NO
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? YES
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? NO
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? NO
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Unknown
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? No, steady weight
Did you lift weights? Not the month if conception :(
Did you do cardio? No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Ate HE, increased calories and lots of multi vits
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? NO
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? NO
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? N/A
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? N/A
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? No :)

Inky
March 16th, 2013, 06:48 PM
58% boy True Blue !

True Blue
March 16th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Yay :D

retrolove1
March 21st, 2013, 05:42 PM
Hi Inky,

Can you do a prediction for me even though I haven't conceived yet? I have it all planned so can still answer most of the questions. :)

X x x

Inky
March 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM
I like to wait until after conception, this way if anything changes from your plan my results are still "accurate" (to my test) without making any changes. :)

Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!

shiningstar
March 21st, 2013, 08:45 PM
Can I get a guess? :)

DID YOU SWAY?: No, this baby was a surprise.
Date you conceived: I'm pretty sure it was 12-23-12
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? Yes, both of us. We normally don't drink that often. It was around Christmas and we had mixed brandy & egg nog.
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? Yes
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 21
How old are you? 27
What "position" did you conceive in? woman on top
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? We dtd a couple times leading up to ovulation except he pulled out. The day I was ovulating he did not pull out in time.
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? No
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? I think we dtd about 2, maybe 3 times leading up to ovulation but he only released the one time (day of ovulation, I'm pretty sure).
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? don't know
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? Yes, I was eating very small portions and not very often. We weren't ttc.. I was just busy with life.
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Never eat breakfast. Ate very small amounts maybe 2X a day. I always shared my food with my 2 year old. I got full very quickly. I didn't eat a lot of protein, just a little. I probably ate a little too much sodium because we ate out a lot. I was drinking caffeine (cup of coffee in the morning & dr. pepper throughout the day) which I did not do when my boys were conceived.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? I was moderately stressed with the holidays
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? Nope
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? No nub :(
We were not trying to get pregnant. I immediately jumped up and ran to the bathroom when dh didn't pull out in time. I wiped and literally jumped around. LOL! With both my boys I had laid down after dtd. Also we used a lubricant (It's Pure Romance brand, if that makes a difference).

BabyGirl4Me
March 22nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
Inky - I got my BPF this morning! Can you please work your magic for me?

Date you conceived: Probably March 10 2013 (have a feeling it may have happened while in church!)
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 18.7
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? No, but used lavender oil and rose quartz and amethyst bracelet
How old are you? 29
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? No (haven't had one since January)
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? No.
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? Yes - 8 days w/out anything.
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? hot bath - he takes a hot bath every other day usually. I took a hot shower 2 hours before.
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? boxer briefs that are tighter on his "buddies"
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? probably not losing but not gaining either. Probably holding steady at my lowest adult weight ever.
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Minimal protien, no breakfast since late October, Usually ate 1500 - 2000 calories per day
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? The day we DTD I felt pretty good and the day I probably conceived I treated myself to shopping and went to church. Felt really good about the service.
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Not yet
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I didn't do the best job with the diet bc I wanted to keep my stress level low but I lost 10 lbs and conceived at my lowest adult weight ever. I took all the supplements recommended on the site and did relaxation hypnotherapy every day. We did 1 attempt and used rephresh and aci-jel (quite a lot) both 14 hours and again at 2 hrs before attempt.

Thank you in advance!! :HH:

Inky
March 22nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
shining star:

55% boy-50% toss up (slight boy lean)

(please note that to date, my boy guesses are only right 50% of the time ;) I have more accuracy when I guess girl.

Inky
March 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
BabyGirl4Me: 58% girl Good luck!

BabyGirl4Me
March 22nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Inky - thank you and congrats on your girl!!

mommymachine
March 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/27778-mommymachine-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Inky
March 22nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
mommy machine if you can answer the questionnaire too that would be great I don't have enough to go on with your sway link.

mommymachine
March 22nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
DID YOU SWAY?: Yes
Date you conceived: March 8th 2013
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? Attempted no, but day of ovulation yes!
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? Same as above.
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 30
How old are you? 25
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? No
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? We abstained for 8 days, DTD on CD8 and then CD11
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? Yes I was
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? No, but was in the hot tub on ovulation day haha! That probably doesn't matter.
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Don't know
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? Yes lost 10 lbs
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Did LE the best I could, skipped breakfast, a few cheats.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? A bit overwhelmed not overly so. Maybe a 3 out of 10.
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? No but I just had 2 miscarriages...
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? NA
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? NA
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? Used acijel...that's it!

BabyGirl4Me
March 22nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
BabyGirl4Me: 58% girl Good luck!

Inky - I'm sorry I didn't post the link to my sway! Did you find it and is that info included in your prediction or is my sway info not included in the 58% calc?

Here's the link...sorry about that!!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/27757-babygirl4me-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

shiningstar
March 22nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
shining star:

55% boy-50% toss up (slight boy lean)

(please note that to date, my boy guesses are only right 50% of the time ;) I have more accuracy when I guess girl.

Thanks for the guess Inky! I figured my odds wouldn't be that great since I didn't sway. Hopefully luck will be on my side. :) I'll let you know in the next month or so.

Inky
March 22nd, 2013, 11:11 PM
Inky - I'm sorry I didn't post the link to my sway! Did you find it and is that info included in your prediction or is my sway info not included in the 58% calc?

Here's the link...sorry about that!!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/27757-babygirl4me-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

It seems the questionnaire covered everything :) Also keep in mind that 58% is a high guess! I don't go up to 100%. In fact, the highest that is even possible for girl is ...
72 without ramzi or nub
77 with ramzi
82 with nub
and 87 with both nub and ramzi

And really, even a perfect sway is not actually 87% odds, which is why this is just for fun :)

The highest anyone got on this was 63-78% girl. And ramzi and nub actually having nothing to do with sway and more to do with the odds of what the baby already probably is.

mommymachine
March 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Hope I answer the questionnaire correctly! It's at the bottom of page ten! Let me know if you have any other questions...I'm sure there is SOMETHING I've missed:)

Inky
March 23rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
57% girl mommymahcine!

mommymachine
March 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
57% girl mommymahcine!

Yay! It's on the girl side! That's all I was hoping for! Thanks for the guess!

BabyGirl4Me
March 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM
It seems the questionnaire covered everything :)

Thank you Inky - I'm glad you didn't have to dig through to find my sway, and thank you sooooo much for doing this for me and everyone else!! :HH:

Inky
March 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM
an update from the predictions I've made on another board...

Boy guesses: 6/11 = 55% accuracy
Girl Guesses: 8/8 = 100% accuracy

so, if I guesses boy for you, definitely take it with a grain of salt.

BabyGirl4Me
March 26th, 2013, 08:15 PM
You have the magic touch Inky! Thanks for doing this for us!

Inky
March 26th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I just wish I could get better at my boy guesses :/

BabyGirl4Me
March 27th, 2013, 12:09 AM
I just wish I could get better at my boy guesses :/

I have no doubt you will. :) Thank you again.

Inky
March 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM
My boy guesses went up to 67% after some more recent announcements.
My girl guesses are still at 100% . . . for now.

83% accuracy overall.

My guesses are based on swaying so IMO this proves that swaying does sway :P

BabyGirl4Me
March 27th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Amazing! Your boy guesses will keep going up too, no doubt. Do you do lottery numbers too Inky? :rofl:

Inky
March 27th, 2013, 10:11 PM
LOL. No, actually, I TRIED doing tarot readings for gender but my predictions only right about 50/50 of the time . . . or worse!!! If I ever both to figure out patterns in the lottery, maybe I'd buy a ticket :P

strawberrymom
March 28th, 2013, 07:48 AM
strawberrymom 57% girl
I was just told yesterday that I am having a girl.

Inky
March 28th, 2013, 09:13 AM
thanks for the update, strawberry mom, and congrats!

Inky
March 29th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I got a twins guess right! woo hoo :P

Sihaya
March 29th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Did you guess twins before they found out, or did they already know it was twins and you guessed the genders correctly? (Impressive either way, I'm just curious.)

Inky
March 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Oh, just guessed the genders after I knew it was twins. I wasn't sure I'd be able to because my quiz generally gives a boy or girl answer. Somehow her quiz came back as 55% girl AND 55% boy (which has never happened before and TBH I can't remember how I came up with those numbers) but she found out yesterday she is indeed having boy/girl twins. I've gotten "ranges before" (such as 45% to 53% boy) but that usually gives me a LEAN answer (in that case, girl) so she must have gotten something like 45-55% girl, which would be a 55% chance of either gender, which is why I guessed one of each. I *think* that's how I did it. Either way, it was my first twin guess and it was so neat to have gotten it right!

BabyGirl4Me
March 29th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Inky you need to get a patent on this thing and start selling the results! Brilliant!

Inky
March 29th, 2013, 04:31 PM
LOL Well, I need to get better at my boy guesses first! But really all it does is guess based on sway (whether the sway was intentional or not!) I like doing it and it's something fun for other mamas!

Inky
April 1st, 2013, 02:22 PM
Here are my updated numbers from the other forum I'm doing this on...

Boy Guesses: 9/14 (64%)
Girl Guesses: 10/10 (100%)
Total: 19/24 (79%)

Wanting-a-girl
April 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Very good girl odd! :D I find out in 7 more sleeps!

Inky
April 1st, 2013, 06:13 PM
good luck with your confirmation! I'm so excited for you!

6bluewant1pink
April 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
DID YOU SWAY?: Somewhat
Date you conceived: Feb 23rd or 24th
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? yes, heavy
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? yes
Were you on Clomid? no
Your BMI? 36
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? ion bracelet
How old are you? 31
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? yes
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? yes i was fever, i had stomach bug from the kids lol
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? no sure
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? month before i did, conceived on my "break month" lol i must say i was more relaxed that cycle no stress
Did you lift weights? no
Did you do cardio? no
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? skip breakfast most days, watched protein amount, ate a lot chicken& broccoli Alfredo , wasn't on a strict diet because that was suppose to be my "break" cycle lol. I didn't eat beef or pork. I ate 1 yogurt a day and some days organic fat free milk.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? no stress :)
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? haven't to soon
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I took Vitex for 5 months before getting BFP! I also used RePhresh every 3 days the night before BD and few minutes after BD i used finger tip RePhresh, also J&D. I did drink diet Caffeine free Coke, some days Coffee. Never did drink those with my boys. I took vitamin C,acidophis, metformin,cinnamon pills(to help lower blood sugar even more),folic acid. I was also breastfeeding my now 2yr old.
Also i was charting the cycle i got BFP my temps were the highest ive ever seen them get! I started progesterone supp after BFP.

Dreamofpink
April 2nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Date you conceived: 19 March 2013
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived?No
Were you on Clomid? Yes, 50mg 2nd cycle on it
Your BMI? 18.8
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer?No
How old are you?30
What "position" did you conceive in?Missionary
Did you have the big "o" while DTD?No
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days?No
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception?Yes
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant?No
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD?No
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs?Briefs
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC?No idea, but had no EWCM at opk+, only very late in evening on O day
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? No, I had to gain 2lb from af-ov (20 days) as I'd stopped ovulation with losing too much weight
Did you lift weights?No
Did you do cardio?No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? I was very strict on the LE diet from August 2012 until March 2013 when I had to eat more calories to start ovulation again. I still stuck to all the LE principles except for cals. I made up the extra cals with sweets and milk choc
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something?I felt very depressed and overwhelmed, thinking it would never happen for me. Clomid exacerbated these feelings, so it was a very low time for me
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues?No
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy?Too early
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy?Too early
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...?[/QUOTE]We DTD the night of opk+ and O day, but I think I'd already ov'd by then anyway. I am concerned that I had to gain 2lb, but happy that I did it in the most unhealthy way possible. I still feel that my overall nutrional levels are much lower than they used to be as my hair has become very thin this year. I used to have a lot of EWCM on ov day but Clomid changed all of that and dried me up a bit.

aftmjt
April 2nd, 2013, 11:49 AM
DID YOU SWAY?: Sort of
Date you conceived: 12/13 March 2013
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived?No
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? Don't know but overweight prob 40+
How old are you?31
What "position" did you conceive in?Missionary or me on top
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception?Yes
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant?No
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD?No
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs?Boxers
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC?7-9
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? No, prob gained lol
Did you lift weights? Only children
Did you do cardio?No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Eat everything and anything, lol. Only had breakfast maybe 3-4 times a week. Always eat meat eat high calories.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Always stressed not happy with life unless stressing over something lol
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues?No
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy?Too early
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy?Too early
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway? First times I had taken notice of ovulation DTD 3 days before, 1 day before and on the day, used bsf and preseed each time, also old wives tale had baby boy clothes under my pillow, always on iPad or phone.

hplnvf03
April 2nd, 2013, 12:21 PM
So you guessed I have a 57-61% chance at having a girl. But I realized I put girl for ramzi when really I'm unsure. Can anyone look at these ultrasounds and guess please? One is from my previous pregnancy. Both transvaginal, 6-8 weeks. I'll definitely update when I find out this week! Thanks!
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a529/hplnvf03/BB7F3AAA-7378-4154-A8CE-BFE852460B7F-1726-000001D5BDA64963_zps051b1def.jpg

hplnvf03
April 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Hmmm, let me try agsin!
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a529/hplnvf03/BB7F3AAA-7378-4154-A8CE-BFE852460B7F-1726-000001D5BDA64963_zps051b1def.jpg

hplnvf03
April 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Does being unsure or having a boy looking ramzi guess change my odds a lot?

Inky
April 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
your odds are 57% without ramzi and 61% with ramzi! But if you aren't sure (ie, going on the image, not on doctor confirming the side) it's best to go with 57%, which is still really good :)

Inky
April 2nd, 2013, 06:18 PM
Dreamofpink – 55% girl
aftmjt -- 51% girl

hplnvf03
April 2nd, 2013, 11:37 PM
I am so surprised you think 57% esp because I conceived so soon after a chemical pregnancy and had more CM and a higher sex drive. But I will take it! I did remember I do have an orgasm earlier that day before BDing. My OC thinks boy and I am convinced too!

Inky
April 3rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Some factors get more points than others :)

Here are my updated odds from my other forum...

Boy Guesses: 9/14 (64%)
Girl Guesses: 11/11 (100%)
Total: 20/25 (80%)

6bluewant1pink
April 3rd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks Inky on your guess for me. I sent Her a private message because She didn't see mine on here. And got back to me. Here is mine:
57% girl!

I will update once i find out :fx:

hplnvf03
April 3rd, 2013, 10:32 PM
Inky---you were right, it is a girl!!

Inky
April 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Inky---you were right, it is a girl!!

congrats!!!

Dreamofpink
April 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Dreamofpink &ndash; 55% girl
aftmjt -- 51% girl

Thank you for the prediction :) I'll be back to update in a few months or so!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Inky
April 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM
My current combined odds between both sites:

Boy Guesses: 10/15 (67%)
Girl Guesses: 15/15 (100%)
Total: 25/30 (83%)

NatalieM
April 4th, 2013, 07:55 PM
DID YOU SWAY?: Yes, LE diet but I added cal, and mag
Date you conceived:March 7
Were you on Clomid? no
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive? yes, IUI with Follistim and an HCG injection
Your BMI? 25
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? fans, black tourmaline rocks, rose quarts jewelry
How old are you? 36
What "position" did you conceive in? N/A IUI
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? no, just 3 days before IUI
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? warm shower before IUI
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? did not test it
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? yes, 4 pounds
Did you lift weights? no, stopped working out 8 weeks before IUI
Did you do cardio? no
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? I was eating 1200 cals a day, low sodium, high cal though
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? no, but was worried that the IUI would not work. This was our second IUI.
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? husband- no. Me- boarderline low AMH of 9.3
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? not yet, too early. I am 6 weeks
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Yes, RE said placenta was on the left
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I prayed for this baby for three years and asked God everyday for a daughter. I have two DS.

Very little to No meat for about 6 weeks before IUI and very little protein in general.
I was also on progesterone the month before and month of BFP. With my second boy my progesterone was only 9. With this BFP, it was 34!!

Inky
April 5th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Natalie 53-58% girl

good luck!

NatalieM
April 5th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks Inky! I wanted to tell you that I also have a 4 year old son with autism. ;)

Inky
April 7th, 2013, 06:29 PM
updated stats from other board:
Boy Guesses: 11/16 (69%)
Girl Guesses: 11/11 (100%)
Total: 22/27 (81%)

updated stats combining both boards:
Boy Guesses: 11/16 (69%)
Girl Guesses: 15/15 (100%)
Total: 26/31 (84%)

Wanting-a-girl
April 8th, 2013, 02:03 PM
well i had one of the highest probabilities for a girl lol
and i hate to be the one to break your streak but hes BOY lol

Inky
April 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM
NO WAY :(

I can't believe it! Are you sure????

Wanting-a-girl
April 8th, 2013, 02:16 PM
o ya lol!!! it was my anatomy scan so i dont see the screen for the first bit but when she first put the wand on she started laughing and asked if i wanted to know... its def a boy cause the penis came jumpin up at her lol

im happy :)

Inky
April 8th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I'm glad you are happy <3 <3 <3 He must really have wanted to be a boy!!! And you had a great sway, so at least you know you did what you could. As long as your happy, I don't mind you lowering my odds a little. We all know swaying isn't perfect, but I was SUPER hopeful for you <3

Wanting-a-girl
April 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I was very hopeful too lol I had a decent girl nub too lol I'm just so relived to not have to wonder what it is and I can't wait to go shopping tonight! Lol

DLTAG89
April 9th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Hiya, i hope you dont mind me giving it a go, i hope i've answered everything ok :)

DID YOU SWAY?: No
Date you conceived: 31st dec
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? No never smoked
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? No never smoked
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? Yes both had wine but that was the first time i'd had a drink in 12 months (if that makes a difference)
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 20.3
How old are you? 24
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? If only :) No
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception Maybe, we didn’t DTD for about a week then DTD the 30th and 31st. I’m pretty sure we conceived on the 31st of dec though.
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? No just the on the 30th of dec and the 31st
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Sorry not sure what that means
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? No, always have breakfast, usually toast or cereal. Lots of bread and pasta. I dont eat much, about 1500 cal a day. Lots of meat, usually meals like roast dinner and spag bol.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? No If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Also no
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Couldnt see a nub on the pic
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Didnt try
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I have 2 boys already.

Hope i filled everything out ok and thank you, i cant wait to see what comes back :)

Thorz300
April 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Update....BOY for me!

Inky
April 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Insanity :P I am sorry you didn't get your girl this time :( I never care when my "accuracy" is messed up and someone WANTS me to be wrong, but I wish everyone could get what they sway for <3 Thanks for updating!

Inky
April 9th, 2013, 10:09 AM
DLTA: 58% boy (but my boy guesses are terrible!)

DLTAG89
April 9th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Aw thank you inky, i really cant wait to find out. Only 3 weeks and 3 days till i do and ill pop back and update. I really wouldnt be suprised if you are right with this boy, we have a very long long history of all boys being born :) x

Inky
April 9th, 2013, 11:57 AM
A girl would be such a nice addition for you, though, so sending you lots of girl dust! My husband's family had nearly no girls (90%+ boys over the last 3-4 generations) and then we ended up with TWO girls, so anything is possible :)

DLTAG89
April 13th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Aw thank you, i know it means nothing but i'm now about 99% sure we will be having boy so i think you'll be right.

Ill pop back on the 3rd of may and update though :D

Inky
April 13th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I look forward to your update and to hearing that I was wrong ;) I'd love for you to get your little girl!!! and my boy guesses have been way off ;)

oliveviews
April 15th, 2013, 05:11 PM
hi mom of 3 boys here hoping you would please give me the odds for a girl

Date you conceived: 4 april 2013

Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? light - gave up just 4 weeks before conception

Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? yes - drank around 1/2 glasses of red wine a night for a week - did not drink for nearly a year before that due to diet

Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? yes - drinks 2/3 beers weekend nights

Were you on Clomid? no

Did you have an IUI or u[/B]se IVF to conceive? no

Your BMI? 21

Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? rock salt lamp beside bed for 8 months, lavender on pillow, ioniser hairdryer most mornings for 3 months, shower every morning, around swimming pool each day for half hour week before ovulation, outdoors alot week of ovulation

How old are you? 37

Did you have the big "o" while DTD? yes

Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? yes dtd 5 days prior and 3 days (in the morning) prior and day after ovulation - did use refresh around every 3 days

Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? no but husband and i were sick more than usual in the months leading up to month of conception

Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? boxers no

What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? around 4/5 - using ph strips only - less cm this year

Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? lost around 30 pounds 8 months ago and maintained roughly that weight since

on ig diet initially then switched to LE diet - then stayed on generally low fat low protein low salt foods since then (lots of potatoes though)

Did you lift weights? no

Did you do cardio? - no

Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories?

I skipped breakfast, low protein, low salt, low fat diet and i managed to avoid red meat mostly, drank crystal light around ovulation, drank peppermint tea most mornings

dh was eating less red meat for nearly a year also

Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? no - relaxed enough -slightly overwhelmed month before

took around a year to conceive this time - usually conceive within 3 months

If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? too early yet

If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? too early yet

conceived in april - good girl month apparently
took agnus castus/vittex for 2 months prior
also started taking calcium, magnessium and cranberry 4 weeks prior to conception
dh took liquorice root and cranberry 4 weeks prior

thanks a million for help
olive views - 4th time lucky hopefully

Inky
April 17th, 2013, 01:39 PM
60% girl, olive :) good luck!

Inky
April 17th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Here is my stats from the other board currently:
Boy Guesses: 12/19 (63%)
Girl Guesses: 13/14 (93%)
Total: 25/33 (76%)

Here are my stats so far combined between both boards:
Boy Guesses: 12/19 (63%)
Girl Guesses: 16/19 (84%)
Total: 28/38 (74%)

oliveviews
April 17th, 2013, 01:56 PM
thanks for going to the effort inky - really appreciate it - fingers crossed

Inky
April 22nd, 2013, 11:45 PM
Updated Stats!!

THIS BOARD ONLY:
BOY GUESS STATS(1/2): 50%
GIRL GUESS STATS (4/6): 67% Correct
OVERALL STATS (5/8): 63% Correct

Stats COMBINED between boards:
Boy Guesses: 13/24 (54%) Correct
Girl Guesses: 18/21 (86%) Correct
Total: 31/45 (67%) Correct

I also had 5 guesses of 50/50 on the other board, and 4/5 of them turned out to be girls, for whatever that information is worth...

belledandy
April 26th, 2013, 11:35 PM
In TWW:
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? No.
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?No.
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? No.
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived?No.
Were you on Clomid? No
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive? No.
Your BMI? Don't know but over average weight.
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? Yes, rock salt lamp and neg ion bracelet
How old are you? 37
What "position" did you conceive in? Doggy style, shallow release
Did you have the big "o" while DTD? No.
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? No, one day, 16 hours after +OPK
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? Almost, a few hours shy of 7 days (O came early)
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? No, just once with hurry up FR, using 2nd batch four afters first batch released.
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? Both husband and I have had a lingering cough for over a month, husband has allergies during this time.
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? didn't take it
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? stayed the same, maybe lost a lb?
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio?No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? 3 weeks where I skipped breakfast, ate two meals, little red meat but some chicken. Not low calories but reduced it from pre-sway time (3 weeks before O). Drank peppermint tea almost every day, along with dasani water, cranberry juice, and some milk.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Not too much at all.
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? No.
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? n/a
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? n/a
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? Took an antihistamine 8 hours before DTD, drank a cup of cranberry juice after doing the deed, took baby aspirin in the AM and drank coke for lunch and crystal lite in the evening (in case sperm was still making it's journey to egg?). DTD was during waxing gibbous.

DLTAG89
May 3rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Just an update for inky, we have having a girl.

I'm sorry but i'm very glad you got it wrong :D

NatalieM
May 5th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I lost the baby at 7 weeks but just found out it was a girl so you were right. I am going to do the same sway again.

oxox2013
May 6th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I wanna play! I need something else to think about anyway :)

Date you conceived:most likely 4/7/2013
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?No
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?Found out he was sneaking a smoke here and there! (he used to be a heavy smoker and really thought he had kicked the habit!)
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived?Nope
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived?Nope
Were you on Clomid?Nope
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive?No
Your BMI?Unsure...
How old are you?31
What "position" did you conceive in?Missionary
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception?only about 4 days on conception attempt :/
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception?No, we did it twice before conception, once with a 14 day abstain then I Oed late so we did it again after 4 days (the night before my +opk)
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant?No he doesnt get sick!
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD?yes
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC?did not test but believe it was low
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant?no
Did you lift weights?no
Did you do cardio?no
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories?I did skip breakfast but usually drank milk or coffee as a breakfast replacement. In my job, I get shaky when I dont eat and that doesnt go over well when you are giving shots all day! I think my calorie intake was on average (not high or low really) diet I know is the biggest factor, but it was the hardest for me by far!!
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something?I dont think I was stressed at all and if I was, it was minimal :)
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues?Nope, we are super fertile it seems!
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy?Too early for a nub shot
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy?have not had first ultrasound yet
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? We did rephresh and JandD as well as me on top. Not sure what else...

oxox2013
May 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
BOO! Maybe Inky quit doing this and I was too late to play! :(

Inky
May 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Sorry, been MIA. It's been a crazy few weeks. I'll catch up on these now. Please remember though that I don't do guesses for TWW, only for confirmed pregnancies. Thanks :)

Inky
May 8th, 2013, 06:29 PM
oxox-55-59% girl

oxox2013
May 9th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I sure hope you are right! Will update about August :) soo far away!!

Lizzie Lizard
May 13th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I want to play too! This is so fun... thanks in advance, Inky!

Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!): Probably 2/22/2013
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? Yes, it was my birthday!
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 24
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? yes- fan, rock salt lamp
How old are you? 36
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? no. (Hubby released everyday and our attempt was his 2nd release of the day... our attempt was at night.)
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? no, just 1 attempt
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? got a stomach bug a few days after, but when I got pregnant probably only my son had it.
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? Yes, or a hot bath
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? don't know
Did you lift weights? I quit for my sway
Did you do cardio? Yes!
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Was doing the LE diet. Skipped breakfast for ~ 3 weeks before
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Ugh. I hate this question because I was stressed and I can't really pinpoint why or what. Our attempt was the night before my birthday and we had a party the next night... so I don't know if it was generalized anxiety or because I was worried about our attempt? We had been trying for a few months though and this was the first time I was a little anxious...
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? didn't try
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? didn't try
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I was taking baby aspirin, I jumped and dumped, did rePhresh 8 hours before attempt, I feel like there is something else, but I can't think of it! Thanks again! xoxo

Inky
May 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
52% girl Lizzie Lizard

Lizzie Lizard
May 29th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Thanks, Inky!

BabyGirl4Me
May 30th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Inky - on the 1st page you have Thorz's girl guess as wrong. She found out she is having a girl after all. That's one more you got right! :)

Thorz300
May 30th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I was just about to say the same thing!! GIRL for me!

BabyGirl4Me
May 30th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Thorz - I am still soooooo happy for you! Congratulations again and so glad your 1st early scan was wrong. :)

crazyladyneedsababy
May 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM
oooooooooooo I love this, cant wait to post my sway once Ive finished. Im currently on day 3 of the LE diet so a while to go :rofl:

6bluewant1pink
June 1st, 2013, 10:21 AM
Update looks like boy #7 :(

BabyGirl4Me
June 3rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Inky - you got one more right. I am having a girl. Thanks for your help and guesses! :HH:

hlmcdaniels
June 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Hello I'd love to try this I am a 3rd time mom with 2 ds's

Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!): 2/24
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? Heavy
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? Heavy
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? Not sure
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 16%
How old are you? 25
What "position" did you conceive in? Missionary*
Did you have the big "o" while DTD?no
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Not sure
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? I lost 30 lbs!
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? Yes
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Low cal, low pro, skipped breakfast
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? No
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Girl
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? The scan wasn't in the transverse imaging plane*
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? All of my s/s are completely different from my two pregnancies with my DS's*

6bluewant1pink
June 3rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Inky - you got one more right. I am having a girl. Thanks for your help and guesses! :HH:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!

Inky
June 7th, 2013, 06:59 PM
congrats ladies! 6 blue, sorry you didn't hear pink :( Hopefully next time. Your boy will be loved! I'm updating stats now and then I will address new guess requests :)

Inky
June 7th, 2013, 07:25 PM
63% accuracy overall so far (on this forum). My boy guesses remain at no better than a guess, though. Sorry!

Inky
June 7th, 2013, 07:31 PM
51-61% girl for hlmcdaniels

Inky
June 7th, 2013, 07:58 PM
And here are my stats from the other forum (for some reason much better than my stats here!)

Boy Guesses: 17/29 (59%)
Girl Guesses: 17/18 (94%)
Total: 34/47 (72%)

myrainbowgirl
June 19th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Hi Inky!
Here are my answers to your questionnaire:

June 5th
no
no
no
yes
no
no
no
missionary
no
no
no
yes
both
didn't check pH
yes
no
yes
LE diet, delayed breakfast
no
PCOS
no ultrasounds yet
see link below (check bottom of my sway for rainbows) :)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/30984-myrainbowgirl-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

HopefulMonster
September 6th, 2013, 07:28 AM
27th July 2013 (confirmed by early ultrasound at 7+4)
No.
No.
Yes, that night and for 3 evenings prior.
Just coffee and tea.
Were you on Clomid?
No.
No.
Your BMI?
17.2 (down from 19.2 in January)

Ion hair dryer infrequently.
How old are you?
Missionary and girl on top.
No.
No.
17 day abstain then Dtd o-3, o-2, o-1 x2, o, o+1
No.
Yes I had a horrible cold.
Yes.
Tight briefs.
Unknown.
Yes. Steady weight loss from January.
Did you lift weights?
No.
Did you do cardio?
No.
Followed LE diet from January, very strict, no more than 1200 cal daily, no meat, never breakfast, etc.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something?
Stressed over last couple of months over conceiving worries and money troubles, but felt oddly calm and peaceful that cycle I conceived.
Yes I have very high FSH levels.
Too early yet.
Wasn't told implantation side.
I had no cm at all without taking anything, so didn't actually think I had a shot.

Will add anything else that comes to mind. Thanks for reading :)

Bella29
September 8th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Oh can I join in? Here are my answers...

12 August 13
Yes, light
No
Yes
Yes
No
No
29 bmi approx gained three kg in that month
No
Never used hair dryer
Started girl on top, finished missionary
Yes
No
Yes but with protection
No
No
Boxers
Unknown
No
No(well carry around children ;)
No
Cooked b'fast every morning for a month
Meat every meal
Stressed by travel. Otherwise happy
No fertility issues. Conceive first time, everytime
To early
Never heard of ramzi theory, will go look that up
Used preseed and had sex 24 and 36 hrs after lh first began to surge.
Lots of cm.

Funkyfry
October 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Here is mine inky!! Thanks so much

Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!):16 August
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 20
How old are you? 33
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Didn't check ph
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Eat low calories, didn't eat breakfast and limited protein ( was doing LE diet)
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Not stressed
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Didn't try yet
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Didn't try

NCprayingforprincess33
November 20th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Not sure if you are still guessing........but curious what you think based on my info below:

Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!):Friday, Sept 06th
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? light (a pack every 2-3 days)
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? around 22
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? Fans, Rock salt lamp and negative ionizer
How old are you? 33
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception?Every other day up until cd 13......O'd either late cd14 or early cd15
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD?I did
Does your husband wear boxers or briefs? Boxer briefs
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? between 4-4.5
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? Yes, almost 15 lbs
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? Not while TTC
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Combination of IG and LE diet. skipped breakfast, no potatoes, bananas, tomatoes, etc. 1000 calories or less during 2 ww before O
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? I've heard both girl and boy
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? didn't try it
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I O'd in new moon, high red bios for both hubby and I. I used lavender soap, body wash, lotion, air freshner, linen spray.

Julesbwn
January 9th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Hi could you please have a look at my results too if im not too late :-)

Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!): December 10th
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? Heavy
Were you on Clomid? Yes
Your BMI? 22.5
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? Have my ceiling fan on every day.
How old are you? 27
What "position" did you conceive in? Partner on top
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? Yes
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? Every day before conception for 10 days
Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? Partner did
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Im not sure
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? Not really i lost about 1-2 kg in 10 weeks before conception so not a huge loss
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No.

I delayed breakfast as long as i could but i did have a coffee with equal when i got up. . No snacking , coke zero between meals and lots of rice .a little bit of chicken though a few nights a week .
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? No not really.
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? I have pcos but a very minimal amount
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Not sure
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Not sure
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I have come off the mini pill recently. And also dont get very much sleep. I do eat a little bit of white meat though or i feel too exhausted.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

kellbell827
January 16th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Can I join too?

Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!):Wednesday December 18th
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 20.8
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? Fans, Rock salt lamp and negative ionizer
How old are you? 29
What "position" did you conceive in? standing up and then jump & dump
No, we dtd o-3 and o-2
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Around 5

Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? Yes about 5 lbs
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No

Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Was trying to follow LE diet, skipping breakfast or eating late morning most days and skipping lunch. Reduced calories too.
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Yes, my job is a bit stressful b/c one of the people that I work with is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to put it mildly. Plus, finances have been pretty tight.
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Too early
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? have my second u/s on 1/24 so will be trying it then
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? I had a massage the day of O, was trying to relax and not stress out about it so much, as I had before.

Sunflower3
January 24th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!): Friday December 13th
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 22
How old are you? 42
What "position" did you conceive in? standing up and then jump & dump
NoDid your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? No
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? No 0-1 and o
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Didn't test
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No

Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Le diet
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Not really just stressed about chemicals and not conceiving
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? No. First ultrasound was yesterday.
Are there any other details you feel are relevant to your sway...? Had 2 chemicals the two cycles before conceiving

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

prayforprincess
January 30th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!):December 1, 2013
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? yes, heavily night before
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? yes, heavily night before
Were you on Clomid? no
Your BMI? 23.6
Do you use any of the following: Fans, Rock Salt Lamp, Ionizer? fans, ionizer hair dryer
How old are you? 31
Did your husband abstain for over a week before DTD on the day of conception? 5 days
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? no, only dtd 1 x
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? no, very very hungover though
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? little bit there
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? no
Did you lift weights? sometimes
Did you do cardio? not really, sometimes
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? skip breakfast. some days ate very very low calories, some days more (holiday season)
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? nope, kids only stress me sometimes

August 11
February 9th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Hi, concieved 4 november 2013
both medium smokers
both light drinking around the time I concieved
no not on clomid
no iui or ivf
good bmi
none of the following
im 25
conveived in misionary possition I believe
normal dtd
no diid not dtd every day
no my husband did not abstain
Niether of us sick
no hot shower
Boxers
I was mainting my weight, eating a bit more than usual
dont lift weights
no cardio
eat a average amount of protien, dont skip breakfast, low calorie
Moderate stressed, moved to new area, working with partner, sometimes stressful, living I n van.
no fertility issues
nub suggest boy
not tried ramzi

dollych
February 10th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Date you conceived Friday 17th January 2014
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? yes - light 2 cigarettes a day
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 19.5
How old are you? 36
Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? Every other day. DH frequent release.
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? No - Just DH on his own, frequent release
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant? No, I had a cold the week before.
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? About 5-6
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? Yes a stone in 11 weeks prior to conception.
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? No
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? I skipped breakfast, low protein and fat and low cals.
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? N/A I'm only 5 weeks
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? N/A

lovemy2blessings
February 20th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!): lmp 1-3-14 date OV 1-17-14
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? Maybe like 1 or 2 beers
Were you on Clomid? Yes
Your BMI? About 18.8
How old are you? 28
What "position" did you conceive in? Missionary (me on bottom)
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Unsure
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant? no (maintained)
Did you lift weights? No
Did you do cardio? 60 min walking 6 days a week
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? LE, skipped breakfast, protein only weekends, about 1800 calories each day
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? Somewhat, but not too much because I just wanted to Ov and get a bfp!
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? Yes, I did...no OV
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Haven't tried it
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Haven't tried it

JEWELLE11
February 25th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Hi Inky,
Just got my BFP, saw this thread and wanted to try it :) Excited to hear what you think.
LMP 1/31/2014, Postive OPK CD15 Valentines Day. BFP 8 dpo 2/22

NO
NO
YES
YES
Were you on Clomid?
NO
NO
Your BMI?

Rock Salt Lamp

How old are you?
Missionary

NO
YES
NO

YES
Briefs
I don't know- using rephresh every 3 days and on "O" day

Yes. I lost 70 lbs total before getting pregnant. I'm smaller now than I ever was with my boys.

Did you lift weights?

Yes but not before TTC- I stop lifting for 4 months...
Did you do cardio?

Yes. Spinning, Running, Walking on Incline etc....
Coffee with cream and splenda (every morning)
Breakfast 10:30-11 am, eggs with veggies and Ms. Dash
Lunch; 2 pm- 3 pm Chicken with Veggies and Sweet Potato or Brown Rice (small portion)
Snack: Dannon Light- Yogurt/Strawberries or Blueberries over yogurt or Rice Cake

We are in the middle of buying a house, so not stressed more nervous but doing a lot of praying.!

Supposedly I had a DOR but been pregnant 7 times and one with twins, so I'm kind of doutful on that one.
DH is fine...

Too early - to try nub theory yet.- haven't done ultrasound.

Haven't had an ultrasound yet- Chinese Calendar says Girl
Supplements: Vitex from AF-O, B-6 100 mg, Baby Aspirin, Magnesium AF-0 and Benedryl
Rephresh on CD 9, CD 12 and CD 15 (O DAY- + OPK with O Pain)

SpottyBear
March 9th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Thank you, would love your thoughts/guess :-)

Date you conceived: 14th Feb

Were you a smoker at time of conception: No

Was your husband a smoker at time of conception: No

Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived: Yes, a few glasses of wine

Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived: Yes 2 beers

Were you on Clomid? No

Your BMI? 17.9

How old are you? 33

Did you DTD every day up to conception for 7 or more days? No - one attempt

Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? No unplanned abstain with one attempt.

Did your husband take a hot shower before you DTD? No but it was morning so he was warm from being in bed and sleeps on his tummy.

What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? Dont know

Did you lift weights? No

Did you do cardio? No

Tell me about your diet?
Followed LE diet but not v strictly.
I reduced intake of protein, fats and calories, in fact I decreased them too much as I lost a goodbit of weight but I had very little to loose. Calorie intake was usually 1300-1500 or else some days 1500-1900. (Im 6ft tall)
I ate 3 meals a day most days, but always had at least 14 hours between last meal in the evening and breakfast.
I changed from a huge bowl of cereal every morning to fruit - pears and or apples (sometimes peeled) with cinnamon or breakfast biscuit bars. I ate mainly vegetarian but had meat 1-2 times a week (turkey, sometimes chicken, and about once a fortnight had red meat - mince). I had the very odd bowl of cereal when I just couldnt fight it anymore!
All white bread, some processed foods such as biscuits when trying to up fat but not too often. Very low fat intake.
There were some weekends when visiting family etc when I had 1-2 days of just eating whatever I was given and not LE at all.
2 weeks complete cheat and eating basically HE over Christmas
The low fat/calories wasnt a massive change for me as I eat pretty much like that anyway for the last 5 years but I went even lower than normal with them.
Ate TONS of rice cakes and jam! Tons of crackers too.
Very high carbohydrate intake every day.
Never snacked at all except for over Christmas.
Tried to increase intake of Omega 6 fats which would be quite different for me.

If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy? Too early

No exercise as too little weight to lose, as recommended by Atomic.
Very active lifestyle, on my feet and moving all day with my work.
Had lost a few pounds over last year before I started the diet.
Lowest conception weight.
Weighed close to a stone lighter than when conceived DS and 11lbs lighter than when conceived
DD.
Wasnt planning on attempting until next month but had one attempt one morning and then got positive OPK that evening (second line same as control line)
another positive (line was darker than control line) the next date at 11am then negative opk by 6pm (usual testing time) that evening.
Up until then I had had no second line at all which I always do for a number of days, so thought O was a long way off.
Used a medium amount of durex lubricant as no EWCM at all.
Mirena coil was removed 12 days before O - a very speedy conception, never even got a period after Mirena removed!
Diet was not strict, plenty of cheat times.
Realised the breakfast biscuits I had been eating lots off had fortified nutrients in them, not as much as cereal but was sorry I had chosen them.
Because I had a low fat diet anyway when I tried to eat more Omega 6 fats I am afraid I was having more fat than before the LE diet. Even though it was still within the ranges as recommend by Atomic for me, it was probably more fat then I would have had before LE and therefore an increase. I did pull back from the Omega6 fats after a while because of that.
I didnt drop meat though I did stay within limits almost all of the time when I had it.
Worried I didnt reduce nutrients enough
Im an overthinker and a little bit of a Martha!

cait15
March 10th, 2014, 10:37 PM
No confirmed conception but from lmp jan4-jan6
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? Heavy...almost a pack a day :/
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)? Moderate...10 a day
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived? Yes wine
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived? Yes beer
Were you on Clomid? No
Your BMI? 18%
How old are you? 27
What "position" did you conceive in? Side
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC? ??
Did you lift weights?no
Did you do cardio? Yes
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? Yes eat breakfast and only lean meat low calorie
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something? No I just am always a stressbox!
Did you or your husband have any fertility issues? None at all
If you tried the "nub theory" did it suggest girl or boy?N/A
If you tried "ramzi theory" did it suggest girl or boy?N/A
Are there any other details...I have a HUGE gut feeling it will be boy number 2 for me...trying not to get my hopes up for a girl I suppose!

cait15
March 11th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I wonder if this is closed. ..

BoysMamaTTC4aGirl
April 14th, 2014, 09:15 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/40105-boysmamattc4agirl-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Date you conceived (must be a CONFIRMED conception!): January 23, 2014
Were you a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?no
Was your husband a smoker at time of conception (heavy or light)?no
Were you drinking on or around the night you conceived?no
Was your husband drinking on or around the night you conceived?no
Were you on Clomid?no
Did you have an IUI or use IVF to conceive?no
Your BMI? 19.6
Did you DTD every other day/a few times a week up to conception? yes
Were you or your husband sick when you got pregnant?no
What was your *cm* PH when you were TTC??
Were you losing weight when you got pregnant?yes
Did you lift weights?stopped months before TTC
Did you do cardio?yes, I am a runner
Tell me about your diet? Is it high in protein? Do you skip breakfast? Do you eat very low calories? did not do LE diet, but cut waaay back on fats and dairy and somewhat on meat
Were you stressed a lot around the time of conception? If so, were you stressed because you felt overwhelmed or stressed by the desire to succeed/be the best at something?Was very chill at conception time this time around

atomic sagebrush
April 16th, 2014, 01:06 PM
i don't think she is doing this any more.

The Anchor
April 16th, 2014, 01:50 PM
i don't think she is doing this any more.

No, she's not, maybe we should lock it?

atomic sagebrush
April 24th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Yes anyone who can, go ahead and lock it (on kindle and it's more trouble than it's worth for me!)