PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else's child(ren) guessed the sex of the baby correctly?

hplnvf03
March 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I know it is 50/50 but my DC tells everyone I am having a boy. Everything is pointing to a boy this time. Especially since I did a poll in baby center about rainbow babies (with no period in between) and most are having boys after. It makes sense to me since I had more CM than ever and had a higher sex drive. I feel like I was definitely more fertile. I just want a healthy baby but I can't wait to find out in a few weeks!

Mrs_P
March 7th, 2013, 03:03 PM
mine were split in opinion but all referred to the baby as him - although they still do now even though we think its a girl. My middle one was convinced it was twins and that was wrong. Either way its 50/50 i suppose they have just as much chance as the rest of us of getting it right and i know some moms whose kids were spot on

Mum23boys
March 7th, 2013, 04:02 PM
My eldest has been spot on with both his brothers. This time he says he isnt sure but will be happy either way where as the youngest is convinced its a boy and all 8 of my childminded children think its a boy too so we shall see.

Wanting-a-girl
March 7th, 2013, 04:07 PM
My ds1 won't guess and my other two are not verbal enough :(

Nachelle
March 7th, 2013, 04:53 PM
My 5 yr. old is very certain its a girl, he even prays at dinner for one :) lol and my 3 yr. says boy but doesnt really care So well see!! :)

Pearl327
March 8th, 2013, 03:32 AM
My 2 year old DD started saying mammy is a boy from the moment I got pregnant. Before that she would always tell you that mammy is a girl.

hopingforsaskia
March 8th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Ds1 sees pics of babies (newborns) and says "is that my sister?" He thinks this one's a girl.

mummypink
March 8th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Ds1 has always said boy and ds2 has always said girl! It is definitely a boy from the scan pics, although ds2 still keeps saying I have a girl baby in there too!

Hoping he isn't too disappointed! x

LO123
March 8th, 2013, 03:53 PM
My little boy keeps telling everyone he is getting a sister. Will know if he is right in 4 days....

Mrs_P
March 9th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I think a lot of the time they can pick up on your feelings/emotions or other peoples comments and it can influence them. Mum23 if your carrying on like its another boy they will assume and copy this to, mine did for a long time as i was sure the babe was a boy. I do think also if you have all of the same sex they just presume they will get another brother.

Fingers crossed you all get your DG's x

Inky
March 26th, 2013, 11:02 PM
my kids all said girl for me. at my ultrasound, they told my daughter i was having a girl and she said, "I know."

Southern Butterfly
March 26th, 2013, 11:10 PM
My boys were all convinced this one was a girl (I didn't say anything to them about my instincts which were boy). Even my 2 year old said girl which was cute. However, they were wrong and they're getting another brother!

Praying4Pink
March 27th, 2013, 02:42 PM
My son kept saying he was having a "tister" but my instincts were saying boy. I always hear that kids act differently when it is the same sex and they kind of cling to you or act indifferent if it is opposite sex. My son was clingy and he didn't really act out. turns out DS was right...he is having a sister.

sugarplum
March 29th, 2013, 07:41 PM
DS1 said DS2 was a boy right from the start (he was right!) and this time I think he knew I wanted a girl so he said girl (its a boy). And he still refers to the baby as 'she' even though he knows its a boy! He even saw the penis at the ultrasound....He doesn't care either way but its hard for them to imagine the real baby after all this time looking at a big belly!

fish2012
March 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Oh always wondered what rainbow baby meant ;/)

My two ds are rainbow babies!

I have a personal theory that close in age tend to be same sex especially if number one is a ds xx

fish2012
March 30th, 2013, 05:03 PM
My ds1 is 3 this morning at breaky mummy think your baby is a girl! Me um maybe (we're keeping it secret at mo). 2pm mummy your babies a boy like auntie Sarah's baby (we hope they are same gender as auntie Sarah has a ds an is really after a DD)

3 year olds as most will know odd lill things!

hplnvf03
April 3rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
My OC was wrong and so was I. Baby girl is on her way :)

Hobbermittens
April 3rd, 2013, 09:26 PM
My DD1 has been right about all her siblings. DS1 was right about one of his younger siblings, but wrong about the other. And DD2 wasn't quite two when I was first pregnant with DS2, and she said, "You have a baby in your tummy." No one had told her about the pregnancy! So when I asked her about the gender, she said, "It's a boy." And she was right.