PDA

View Full Version : What are your hobbies????

mmsgirlie22
April 16th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Just curious. I'm wanting to learn how to knit.

ELP
April 16th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I have one of those on-line farms lol, and play on-line solitaire;)

mmsgirlie22
April 16th, 2011, 03:28 PM
hahaha...i have an online farm too. Since I work from home online it gives me something to kill the time with.

ELP
April 16th, 2011, 03:56 PM
hahaha...i have an online farm too. Since I work from home online it gives me something to kill the time with.

Really!:agree: The thing I love about my farm is that I am rich!!!:rofl:No late bills, no real life customers complaining, aaaah bliss:bigsmile:

DoulaMama
April 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I love being crafty! Hobbies include sewing, quilting, crocheting, spinning and dyeing wool, decorating cakes...the list goes on! Other things I love include camping, fly-fishing, riding horses, gardening and sustainable living, reading, researching, and most of all being a birth support person. I love all things birth and baby:)
Here is my facebook album with all my creations :)
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=10150342026025276&id=876750275&aid=580746&l=09f98a423e

mmsgirlie22
April 18th, 2011, 11:37 AM
OMG DoulaMama.....you are talented!! That button pillow is so awesome. Do you have an etsy shop??

DoulaMama
April 18th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Thank you! :HH: I don't have an etsy shop :( I would love to open one but with 3 small kids it will have to wait. Most of the work I do for others is just by word of mouth. I make whatever people want me to make :) I've made custom quilts, afghans, baby receiving blankets, bibs, cloth wipes, stroller blankets, baby carriers. It takes a while but I love to create one of a kind things:)

purplepoet20
April 20th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I don't have time for my own hobbies or interest... my boys decide these things for me. Sometimes I get to sew but that is to fix clothing or sew gifts for other people.

I used to... race bikes, played hockey, played the sax, write stories (they need a little more work), write poetry, gardening, study Eygptology, cooking (I can guess the spices/flavors in resturant food and copy it), sewing but just clothing and baby carriers, knitting, cross-stitch, electronic repair, shooting, fishing, and "green" home design (our house will be built soon).

mmsgirlie22
April 21st, 2011, 12:21 AM
Weee!! I just discovered the joys of loom knitting, and I'm in love. I bought it yesterday and a thing of yarn and am currently 1/4 of the way in to making a scarf for the younger DD.

pastelpicnic
April 22nd, 2011, 12:47 AM
Wow!!! Doula, LOVE the cakes!!!! I'm feeling a little inferior in the hobbies department now with you ladies. I'm into cooking, and just realized how much I do love baking also. Love to exercise. I ran a 5k and then just recently ran a 1/2 marathon. I also love to research excessively any interests I happen to be into at the time. I'm so glad to know Purplepoet that there is someone else out there like me that goes to restaurants and guesses the spices and tries to re-creat it. My husband makes fun of me all the time for that! ( but he truly does love it! ) Gardening of course! I love to thrift store shop and I'm obsessed with couponing. My next door neighbor's mom own's a knitting store so she invited me to try one of her classes so, we will see how that goes.

lovehugs
April 22nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
chasing after my boys lol

Flava
April 22nd, 2011, 09:30 PM
I love being crafty! Hobbies include sewing, quilting, crocheting, spinning and dyeing wool, decorating cakes...the list goes on! Other things I love include camping, fly-fishing, riding horses, gardening and sustainable living, reading, researching, and most of all being a birth support person. I love all things birth and baby:)
Here is my facebook album with all my creations :)
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=10150342026025276&id=876750275&aid=580746&l=09f98a423e

maybe if a miracle happen ( I feel that's what it takes for me) and I get pregnant and have a son you can make him a very special blanket?!! You are great at this stuff!

DoulaMama
April 22nd, 2011, 09:52 PM
maybe if a miracle happen ( I feel that's what it takes for me) and I get pregnant and have a son you can make him a very special blanket?!! You are great at this stuff!

Thank you!! I would love to make your son a blankie!!!! I hope you get your little boy!!
XX

DoulaMama
April 22nd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Wow!!! Doula, LOVE the cakes!!!! I'm feeling a little inferior in the hobbies department now with you ladies. I'm into cooking, and just realized how much I do love baking also. Love to exercise. I ran a 5k and then just recently ran a 1/2 marathon. I also love to research excessively any interests I happen to be into at the time. I'm so glad to know Purplepoet that there is someone else out there like me that goes to restaurants and guesses the spices and tries to re-creat it. My husband makes fun of me all the time for that! ( but he truly does love it! ) Gardening of course! I love to thrift store shop and I'm obsessed with couponing. My next door neighbor's mom own's a knitting store so she invited me to try one of her classes so, we will see how that goes.

Thank you:) The cake thing I just do a few times a year for my kids birthdays...it takes forever to make those cakes!!LOL

pastelpicnic
April 23rd, 2011, 12:43 AM
Thank you:) The cake thing I just do a few times a year for my kids birthdays...it takes forever to make those cakes!!LOL

I can imagine. My 5yr. old DS will go to Michael's and look and the baking section and see all the cool fondant Kits, and he asks me when we are going to do one of those cakes. I'm very intimidated by them. I figure I could start one on a Friday night and hope to finish by the end of the weekend while my DH is home consistently! Anyhow you inspire me!! ;)

mmsgirlie22
April 23rd, 2011, 06:24 PM

I was thinking the same thing!! Or maybe a carrier. hee hee.

DoulaMama
April 24th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I can imagine. My 5yr. old DS will go to Michael's and look and the baking section and see all the cool fondant Kits, and he asks me when we are going to do one of those cakes. I'm very intimidated by them. I figure I could start one on a Friday night and hope to finish by the end of the weekend while my DH is home consistently! Anyhow you inspire me!! ;)
I had zero training- no classes or anything....I just seriously hoped it would turn out(the first one I did). If you really want to make a fondant cake I can tell you what you need, and how to make it:)If you buy a premade box of Wilton fondant, it's the easiest to work with. Just have lots of white lard so the fondant doesn't stick to the surfaces of your table, have cut-outs etc that you will use on the fondant. You can heat the fondant up in the microwave for 15 seconds and it's way easier to roll and shape. Buy Wilton gel colouring for it as it won't make the fondant sticky. Make a cake, cover cake with buttercream icing, roll out the fondant, place it and shape it to the cake. Add decorations:)

I was thinking the same thing!! Or maybe a carrier. hee hee.

I would love to! Seriously, if you guys ever want me to make anything for you, just PM me!
XO

pastelpicnic
April 24th, 2011, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=DoulaMama;26928]I had zero training- no classes or anything....I just seriously hoped it would turn out(the first one I did). If you really want to make a fondant cake I can tell you what you need, and how to make it:)If you buy a premade box of Wilton fondant, it's the easiest to work with. Just have lots of white lard so the fondant doesn't stick to the surfaces of your table, have cut-outs etc that you will use on the fondant. You can heat the fondant up in the microwave for 15 seconds and it's way easier to roll and shape. Buy Wilton gel colouring for it as it won't make the fondant sticky. Make a cake, cover cake with buttercream icing, roll out the fondant, place it and shape it to the cake. Add decorations:)

Thanks Doula!!!!!!, I think I'm going to try it as soon as we get back from our road trip to Texas for my brother's wedding. Cooking and now baking has a calming affect on me. Gives me something else to zone out on with my boys and not just obsessing over SWAYING!!! This tip I'm sure will save us some time! ;)

princesssarah34
August 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I like to blog......not sure if it is a hobby but I enjoy doing it! :heart:

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Fl-Mom-x3boys
January 15th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I love to read, got a sewing machine for Christmas so I can learn to sew. My new hobby is Partying with ladies while selling Thirty-One. I love the products and it gives me a night out of the house away from my 3 boys. Definitely been a good thing for me.

aroundtheworld
July 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I have a part-time photography business that I love. I'm also a certified labor doula. Baking is a major passion of mine (and my husband and kids approve!). I'm especially into cakes/cupcakes. Hobby farming. Gardening. Bringing life back to old furniture (I'm new at this, but am really enjoying it! One of my redos was featured on a popular blog recently which sent me over the moon with joy! lol). Hiking/backpacking in the mountains is my oldest hobby (and much more rare since having children). I'm a gigantic fan of the Arkansas Ozarks. I also absolutely adore hosting parties of all kinds... I get very into tablescapes and details! ;)

Callmecrazy
September 5th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I love to sew. And shop. I mostly sew diapers, but will sew anything else I get the urge for.

mis2ninos
September 18th, 2012, 11:44 PM
I love reading the tarot and shopping lol not very crafty, I do like to spend hours cooking a fabulous meal every Sunday

Dreamofpink
October 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Illus - I'm similar to you. I love knitting, cross-stitch, baking & decorating cakes, gardening, reading and playing with our local brass band. I'm really interested in wildlife too and am a fledgling birdwatcher (sorry about the awful pun! :bigsmile:)

carolina2666
October 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Gardening does it for me. I also find cooking can be relaxing if i have the time and it also depends for who.

My Three Sons
October 25th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I love photography, although I haven't had much time for it lately. I'd love to save up and get a nicer camera, but don't see that coming anytime soon! So I make do with my mediocre camera and force my kiddos to be my models. LOL Aside from that, I like to camp, love the beach, recently started to crochet although I don't really know how to do much on it and I like to read.

Now that is what I LIKE to do, but after work, I am usually pretty pooped so after helping the kids with homework, dinner, cleaning up, etc, my usual pastime includes watching a bit of TV as I drift off to sleep.

sbowman
October 29th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I love to read, and do creative things with computers (website design, wallpapers, etc.) which is why I'm studying digital media in college currently. I also very much enjoy video games, something my husband and I share. Occasionally I will scrapbook or take on a small sewing project. I'm getting better at those two things, but still a novice. :)

Tiggerian
October 31st, 2012, 01:09 PM
I love reading!! Yoga and pilates are to other big hobbies of mine, although lately I haven't had the time to do it.

I'd love to do really creative things, but I was born with 10 thumbs and am just not cut out for creativity :P

mt9178
December 5th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I like to stay busy so I bounce around with knitting, crochet, sewing, other crafty stuff, and I love to bake

Cinss
December 5th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I make glass beads, well i did before ttc. Its not recommended that you sit at your torch while ttc or pregnant because of the fumes, some of the glass contains heavy metals etc so can cause birth defects. The last time i was at my torch was november last year, i have just been looking at all my glass stuff sitting at the desk getting dusty :(

mumof6
January 7th, 2013, 03:55 AM
i love to sew, although i dont get the time anymore :(
kids, house and my little fb business take up most of the time
i'd love to learn to crochet, i can knit but not all that well lol

AmyCarlos
April 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Before conceiving, my hobbies were watching movies, trying new recipes and surfing internet. But now, knitting has become my all time hobby. I love knitting new dresses to my baby.

Little Lunasa
April 18th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Riding my horse, keeping and breeding exotic birds (parrots) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moof4
April 19th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I love cooking or baking it is my down time esp if I can get in the kitchen by myself

Tara Januarson
August 14th, 2014, 08:30 AM
I go in for dancing classes;) Its latinamerican dances like cha-cha-cha, rumba, samba, jive! I loove my hobby :ballerina: I've been doing it for 2 years already! It's soo much fun!

3littleladies
August 20th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Love the gym, body sculpting!