PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation??

mommymachine
March 7th, 2013, 12:44 PM
9463So DH and I are not trying this month but I am tracking my cycle and have been doing OPK three times a day for about a week. 2 days ago and yesterday I had increased cm and yesterday my OPK were fading in so I assumed I was about to ovulate. So I did a full applicator of acijel JUST IN CASE my DHs super sperm were somehow still alive from the last time we DTD. This morning I just got a positive OPK but today I have barely any cm??? Is it possible to ovulate without any cm? Is the acijel reaponsible?

black&gold
March 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I did a lot of reading when I started using OPK's. I've read a few times that you'll often have EWCM on the days leading up to O and then on O day it's common to not have any. Maybe you'll be O'ing sometime tonight which could explain the dryness? I had a good 2 days of no CM (after 3-4 days of EWCM) when I apparently O'd so this was the case for me.

mommymachine
March 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM
That's interesting. I hadn't heard that. Thank you.

Anyone else have any ideas?

The Anchor
March 7th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Are you taking any supps? I don't think the aci-gel on it's own will dry up your CM, it's just meant to lower pH. And YES it's possible to ovulate without CM!

mommymachine
March 7th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Nope no supps. Just synthroid and folic acid. Hmmm. It's all very interesting. I'm glad I'm ovulating, cause it makes it easier to track cycles that's way...I just wish my body was tellin me I'm ovulating and not just the OPK!

The Anchor
March 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM
LOL. I find the whole O prediction thing so painful. Consider yourself lucky that you're getting +OPKs! I've only seen about 4 in my life!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone somewhere could invent a machine that could so accurately predict O, like there wouldn't even be a question. "You will ovulate in 9.5 hours" - you know in that woman robot voice. If we could do it we'd be millionaires :)

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2013, 04:09 PM
quite a few people ahve noted the exact same thing, I think it's a variation of normal.

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2013, 04:10 PM
LOL. I find the whole O prediction thing so painful. Consider yourself lucky that you're getting +OPKs! I've only seen about 4 in my life!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone somewhere could invent a machine that could so accurately predict O, like there wouldn't even be a question. "You will ovulate in 9.5 hours" - you know in that woman robot voice. If we could do it we'd be millionaires :)

This person would make a LOT of money. Seriously.

mommymachine
March 7th, 2013, 04:24 PM

Yes please!!!