PDA

View Full Version : I just splashed out on something for the baby :-)

Mum23boys
March 7th, 2013, 04:07 PM
And for use with work ... I wanted a new double buggy cos although i wnt need one for bubs as my youngest son will be 4 and at school i always use one for the childminded children and so I just treated myself to a Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double pushchair with raincover 2 x footmuffs, a buggy board , and a belly bar .... costing a whopping £700 but my god its soooooo much better than struggling with my old twin maclaren as it was so heavy plus with my work im convincing myself it will get lots of use and be well worth it - right now im trying not to think of the amount I spent !!

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2013, 04:13 PM
LOL you just scared the crap out of me woman...thought your water broke

Mum23boys
March 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM
ha ha ha not quite ready for that yet :-)

Violet_
March 7th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Yay, I'm sure it will be worth it and I'm sure you've worked hard so deserve a treat.

Mum23boys
March 8th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Violet I figure with only a few weeks maternity leave I deserve something nice to push about when I do back as I will have a new born a 15 month old and 2 nearly 3 year olds to get about so can put the 15 month old and baby in the buggy and the 3 year olds on longer walks can take turns on the buggy board.

RedCanoe
March 8th, 2013, 09:08 AM
lol @ Atomic :)

M23B, that thing is gorgeous! I found that with baby #3+ you generally need so little, allowing you to splurge on one or two nicer things than you could afford the first time around when you had to buy everything. So enjoy it! :)

fish2012
March 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Oh Hun that looks nice had convinced myself on a Double mcclaren for the twins,... is that a bad plan? I need something that folds small does this just flat fold like a mountain buggy? I've got one those which I love but ds1 will need to sit in half the boot so I won't be able to fit it in the car ;-s dilemma!

cravingsalt
March 20th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I have Baby Jogger City Mini Double and I LOVE it. Best baby splurge I ever made. It is SO light (14 lbs folded) and so easy to collapse (just pull the straps in the seat firmly, no searching for latches)- whenever people see me do it they always ask what it is and where I got it. You're going to love it! Fish, I'd definitely recommend it!

Mum23boys
March 21st, 2013, 08:14 AM
Fish if u have small boot space like us maclaren is the only one to go for its what I've had for last 6 years. This won't fit in the car so hubby is building me a cupboard at the bottom of the stairs for it :-)

fish2012
March 21st, 2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks mum23 that's what I figured!

My mountain double buggy I think is similar to what you've got and will be what I use when were not in the car

Quite want one I can stick the car seats in but £400 secon hand and I know how long u use that type of buggy ;-)