PDA

View Full Version : My successful boy sway

Pusspuss1
March 8th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here much, but I have done a lot of reading of the forums. I swayed for a boy, and I've now had two scans confirming that we're expecting one, so I thought I'd post my sway in case any of you might find it useful. I have no idea whether us conceiving our DG was the result of my sway, or whether it was pure dumb luck! Anyway, here's what I did:

Diet etc beforehand:

Ate a high-calorie diet around the time of conception (any excuse!) - lots of everything.
Put plenty of salt on all of my food.
Started drinking full fat milk and using proper butter and full fat dairy in general (to boost fertility).
Me and DH both took those TTC vitamin supplements for about 4 months beforehand.
Used OPKs and charted.
I almost entirely gave up drinking (to boost fertility) and DH also drank less than usual for the few months beforehand and around conception.
We stopped taking baths, which we usually do every day or two, to help DH's sperm count.

Around ovulation:

DH abstained from ejaculating for a few days beforehand, to build up a good supply of sperm.
I drank grapefruit juice or ate fresh grapefruit for breakfast every day around ovulation (to help with CM).
I took a spoonful of the Boots guifenesin cough syrup 3x a day around ovulation (again to help with CM).
Used a bit of Zestica fertility gel for the attempts we made around ovulation (first tried this on the month we conceived). Only used about half an applicator each time though - a whole one is far too much!
On each attempt, I O'd (always after DH, I think) to increase alkalinity.
I did the baking soda finger (just a small amount) on the month we conceived.
Timing - I got the first positive OPK at lunchtime, and we BD'd in the evening that day (when I had peak quality CM) and also in the morning on the following day, when I actually ovulated (although my CM had dried up by then).

Hope that helps! Let me know what you think of the sway.

Pusspuss1

Wanting-a-girl
March 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
congrats on your little boy :)

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks and congrats!!!

shiny.butterfly
March 8th, 2013, 11:58 AM
congrats.

dloui128
March 8th, 2013, 12:51 PM