PDA

View Full Version : Girl names

5boysandcounting
March 10th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I have a little list of girls names although I'm pretty sure of the name I'll end up using for a first name as I had it in mind with each my boys before I knew what I was having. Which names do you all like best from my list?

Jessica
Ella
Sian
Keren
Arianna
Maegen
Hadley

and any other idea's welcome x

mommymachine
March 10th, 2013, 09:45 PM
I really like Ella and Hadley:) if our next is a girl, she will be Aurora Belle Rose.

Rainbow baby
March 10th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Arianna If dh was on board that would be my little girls name!! If I ever get her that is!! I think I can talk him into it! hahahhah

Rainbow baby
March 10th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Aurora Belle is beautiful I love Aurora !! That's my second on list :))

lovemy4
March 11th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Ella and Hadley would be my top 2 but I also like Megan.

The Anchor
March 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM
I LOVE Ella but it seems to be so popular right now...I think Arianna is my fave :)

stacey221958
March 11th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Obviously I love Arianna! :) My twins are Arianna and Ava Rose.

5boysandcounting
March 11th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I also love Arianna but unfortunately DH doesn't :( we can only agree on Jessica and Megaen that we both like. He also likes Ella too but your so right in saying it's become really popular at the moment. I'm afraid that when she goes to school she will be in a class with half a dozen other little Ella's lol . It is a very pretty name though :) I like Hadley but DH hates it :( Oh well maybe I can use Arianna or Ella as a middle name?

Which name do you like best between Jessica and Maegen? or Megan? these are the two we most agree on :)

lovemy4
March 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
I like Megan much better than Jessica. I don't like the "ick" sound in Jessica whereas Megan sounds sweet and feminine to me. I also have a niece named Megan (her middle name is Alexis) and she is such a great kid :)

5boysandcounting
March 14th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I like Megan much better than Jessica. I don't like the "ick" sound in Jessica whereas Megan sounds sweet and feminine to me. I also have a niece named Megan (her middle name is Alexis) and she is such a great kid :)

Thanks, I am definitely leaning towards Megan at the moment. I want to give her my mums name as her middle name which is Lynda. I think this goes much nicer with Megan than Jessica.

my4leafclover
March 14th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I like Ella and Megaen. I like your spelling of Megaen! I am having the same issue with one of my favorite names, Emma. It was my name if my 1st DS would have been a dd. Then the TV show Friends used the name and it exploded in popularity ever since. I have given up a few other names that became popular too (Isabella, Ava).

5boysandcounting
March 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I know that's the trouble. I am trying not to pick a name that is too popular! It's proving difficult. I do like the name Emma. It is a very traditional name that will never die out. How about Emily? That is another name that is very popular in the uk.

strawberrymom
March 14th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Of those two i choose Megan. There were a million Jessicas when I was growing up.

my4leafclover
March 14th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Emily is cute, but I have one in the family. I like I like Emilie too but not the nick name millie. We haven't gotten our 100% sure its a girl yet, so I'm looking at boy names too and THAT has been sooo hard.

lovemy4
March 16th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I gave my girls unique first names (not even in the top 900 names, I believe) but used the classic ones for their middle names--Emily and Isabel.

fish2012
March 20th, 2013, 06:05 AM
love jessica and megan too!

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Arianna

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2013, 09:00 AM
RE popular names, if you like them, use them anyway because there is no guarantee that they won't become popular after the fact anyway. My DS 1 had a super unusual name at the time (21 years ago) that I felt very clever for coming up with, but now is in the top 100 for names and getting more popular by the second - Wyatt.

mrsflowers33
March 20th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I love Ella too!! but agree its so popular plus I love nicknames so we decided on Eleanor for our girl name this go round. Then I can shorten it to Ellie or Ella. It's likely a middle name would be his mothers name Mabel, and I think Ella Mae is adorable for a shortened version :)

harleyquinn
March 20th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I like Ella or Arianna!

I don't think Ella is too popular at all. I only know one and that was 10 years ago! I would use it myself but it will prob have to be for a little doggie, not a person ;)

BoysMamaTTC4aGirl
March 22nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
I like Megan better. BTW, how do you pronounce "Sian"?

5boysandcounting
March 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
I like Megan better. BTW, how do you pronounce "Sian"?

Thanks! I think that I have almost decided on Megan as her name :)

Sian is pronounced Sharn. It is welsh in origin. The welsh name for Jane/Jean.

mumof6
March 23rd, 2013, 03:42 AM
love Arianna
i like the sound of Maegan - will you pron is Mee-gan or May-gan?

5boysandcounting
March 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
love Arianna
i like the sound of Maegan - will you pron is Mee-gan or May-gan?

If we call her Maegan it would be pronounced Maygan

auroara78
March 23rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
I know you already picked a name, but I love Arianna, and I also love the suggestion of Aurora (obviously!) LOL, if I ever had a last child, and if it was a girl, I'd be tempted to go crazy on the name for my last, and just do whatever is really in my heart (within reason, of course.)

katewantsagirl
April 27th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Love Hadley!! Harper, Jett, Jane, Zoey, Miller, Anna, Lenni, mazey,