PDA

View Full Version : got the best comments last night!

Glittergirl
April 17th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Dh and I took our kids out to dinner last night and met up with a bunch of co-workers that neither of us knew too well....as soon as we walked in (the boys all had their soccer uniforms on cause they had a big game) every person at the table complimented our boys and a bunch of the ladies--all single--asked me how did I get so lucky, they are such cute boys, or well-behaved etc! they held them, shared their appetizers and really just entertained them the whole night! I don't think they realized how proud that made me feel. Some people may make rude or nasty comments but for me, the genuinely nice and sincere comments stick out the most and the "poor you, no daughters, too bad you don't have a shopping partner, your life must be hectic with boys" comments fade away!!!! What an awesome evening it was--not one nasty glare at us!!!!

Indira
April 17th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Wow thatīs asesome ! Thanks for sharing this.
When I read your and other peoples experiences about having three boys I really feel so much better about TTC-ing another time, whatever way the coin will flip!

TTC5
April 17th, 2011, 02:52 AM
That's lovely =)

nuthinbutpink
April 17th, 2011, 07:35 AM
That's great!

PlanB
April 18th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I always wanted 2 or 3 boys before I started having kids.

I know who have told me the same. For many it is the ideal! :)

Zivic-Bubac
April 18th, 2011, 06:46 AM
3 boys were always my ideal family. Now I'm hoping for just 1:bigboy: I think you are very lucky!

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
April 18th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I need to be around more people like that.

begonia
April 18th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I am so happy for you! What a wonderful thing for a Mom to see and hear :-)

Ashgirl
April 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM
That is just so sweet.

Kiesse
April 18th, 2011, 10:15 PM
That is really neat! Its nice to get positive comments about your children, it always warms ya heart!

Liv
April 19th, 2011, 12:42 AM
So sweet!

puppydogstails
April 19th, 2011, 07:08 AM
This was lovely to read :) Thanks for sharing that.

Glittergirl
April 21st, 2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks everyone! It was just so nice because we hardly go out to eat at a place that doesn't have video games and slides LOL! So to walk in and have so many co-workers that we didn't know very well all say such lovely things really made the evening pleasant. Usually when I go somewhere with all my boys, people's automatic response is to just stare and in my mind I'm thinking "they are probably worried that my boys will be loud and rowdy" that may not be what they are thinking and it may just be my insecurity but it still goes through my head. My boys are actually pretty calm quiet boys but I always think maybe others are concerned having to sit at a table with three boys. I always feel that way when we fly and I try to get a seat in the back row. In my mind, I feel like people don't think that with all girls family (I came from an all-girl family). When I see a family of 3 girls, I always look pleasantly because it reminds me of me and my sisters:)

raspberry73
April 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM
That's so great!

ThreeLittleCubs
May 17th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I love it!! SO nice to hear! For every good comment I get... I get 10 rude ones.

Carnelian
May 21st, 2011, 04:11 AM
Definitely good to hear those comments rather than the other. Yay for boys. :-) I have two gorgeous boys myself :-)