PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think they will never get their DG?

mumof6
March 12th, 2013, 03:54 AM
I am preg with baby #7 and i have a strong gut feeling this baby is a girl but my head says it's a boy all the way.
I cant ever imagine ever hearing "it's a girl" things like that just don't happen to us
my sil is pregnant with her 2nd and i just know that she will have the girl and i the boy as always
i always seem to be pregnant at the same time as one of my sil's and i always have the boys and they always have the girls and they love to rub it in my face - they are really nasty about it

We have the sweetest, well behaved little boys and we will of course be ok with another little boy but i will be sad that there will be no more chances as dh says no way no how are we having any more kids
i love having a big family and regardless of gender i would have a few more if hubby would go for it, but he only ever wanted 2.

anyone else feel the same? i hope that didnt sound nutty ;)

BunnyGirl19
March 12th, 2013, 04:16 AM
I feel exactly the same way and get the same treatment from others that you do. It is especially hard on me because I've miscarried 6 girls and only have two surviving boys so far. And this time I'm just resigned to having another boy because I have crappy luck with getting what I desire.

Princess of Pink
March 12th, 2013, 04:53 AM
I totally get what you mean. I just can't imagine that I will get a boy, it's always me who gets yet another girl while everyone around me gets the gender they wanted. I don't think I would believe the u/s tech or Dr if they told me I was having a boy to be honest. It just doesn't happen to me!

mumof6
March 12th, 2013, 04:56 AM
it's hurtful and others know that especially my idiot sister in laws
one has a boy and is due about 2 months before me and i just know she will have a girl and my other sister in laws have girls too - i was pregnant with both at the same time and they had girl and i had boy they gloated something bad
no one knows about my pregnancy yet besides my best friend and hubby and i'm kinda scared to tell anyone irl as i really am not interested in hearing their snyde comments and remarks

i'm terribly sorry for your losses :( i can't even begin to imagine - you are one strong lady
here's to hoping and praying we both get our well deserved girls

princess of pink - i hope you get your much desired little boy, feels like there are so many crappy people out there that always get exactly what they want but for good decent people like us that want something so simple as just ONE of our DG it just doesnt seem to happen.

Rainbow baby
March 12th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Totally 100% feel I will have another little boy!!

Emily
March 12th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I have two boys and am pretty sure that if DH and I ever manage to be in the same country around O that. We will end up with another:)

Just thought I'd share my friends story - 4 boys inc one sway opposite. She gave up, got older, got careless and then got her girl as the best surprise ever!!!!! Hope for us all. She found it hilarious that after one of the stricter IG sways I have ever heard of that she ended up with her girl thanks to half a bottle of Rioja:)

The Anchor
March 12th, 2013, 10:49 AM
mom there are a LOT of ladies who feel just the way you do. But I just wanted to pop in and say - WOW - 6 boys is INCREDIBLE, that has to be some sort of miracle! Someone somewhere obviously thinks you're a pretty good boy mom!

HUGS

inshaallahxx
March 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I only have two boys and sometimes I even think like this. I feel like other who have a girl then a boy or vice versus are so lucky. But I must say boys make me feel so loved and always shower me in compliments that if I have another boy I suppose I will just have another admirer but I do truly want my girl.

BlueMom
March 12th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I feel exactly the same way! My sil got pregnant with ds1 just after I got pregnant with my ds1 too. After that she tried and tried for another and never happened. Then I had ds2, but she finally got a "surprise" pregnancy last summer. I knew as soon as they told us she was pregnant she was going to have a girl. And I was right, she's about to give birth to a girl. I've been hearing comments in the family about how lucky she is to have one of each. It really hurts me. And she's always making comments on Facebook about her pregnancy and her little girl, her "typical girl cravings", how she's having fun buying pink etc etc.
I already accepted I'm going to have another boy, I don't know why, but it's like hearing on an u/s "it's a girl" it's never gonna happen to me.
Momof6, I totally think this is your girl, good luck! :fx:

The Anchor
March 12th, 2013, 02:33 PM
I already accepted I'm going to have another boy, I don't know why, but it's like hearing on an u/s "it's a girl" it's never gonna happen to me.
Momof6, I totally think this is your girl, good luck! :fx:

Bluemom, are you pg? Did you sway?

jennaesue
March 12th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I am so there right now. I am pregnant with boy #4. I have always wanted a girl, from even before I got pregnant with my first. I had hope that he was a girl, but nope, all boy. I can remember after he was born 9 years ago saying I felt like I would only have boys. And here I am, on boy #4. I am thinking of trying for a fifth, but I am pretty sure it would be another boy. I just wish I could get over the longing for a daughter.

BlueMom
March 12th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Bluemom, are you pg? Did you sway?

No, I'm goin to TTC by June and I'm going to sway this time, but I have the feeling I'll have another boy, I don't know why...

iluvmy4sons
March 12th, 2013, 10:38 PM
I really did not think I would ever get a little girl either. Going into my ultrasound almost 3 weeks ago I really thought I was having another boy. I hope everyone gets their gender desire. So it can happen.

Mrs_P
March 13th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I was so sure i was having another boy and still not convinced its a girl. To me it feels like my dream will never come true even if this baby turns out to be a girl after all i've had such a rough pregnancy i can't see myself making it to term and getting a healthy little girl.

I hope its just worry and things will work out for both of us and i really hope you get your little girl one day soon x

The Anchor
March 13th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I was so sure i was having another boy and still not convinced its a girl. To me it feels like my dream will never come true even if this baby turns out to be a girl after all i've had such a rough pregnancy i can't see myself making it to term and getting a healthy little girl.

I hope its just worry and things will work out for both of us and i really hope you get your little girl one day soon x

Oh Mrs P...I'm so sorry it's been such a struggle for you. Stay strong friend...

Zivic-Bubac
March 13th, 2013, 05:08 PM
I absolutely totally KNOW I will end up with 4 girls :(
I can't even imagine myself being a mom of a boy :(

pebmcpd7
March 13th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I have 6 boys too, I am really hoping this one is a girl, but after 6 it is very unlikely!!

Princess of Pink
March 13th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I absolutely totally KNOW I will end up with 4 girls :(
I can't even imagine myself being a mom of a boy :(

I know how you feel!

jennaesue
March 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I found this article when I googled "odds of having 4 boys." I found the odds of having streaks of either gender pretty interesting. According to these numbers, there is a 1 in 14.56 chance to have 4 boys in a row, and I would have a 1 in 28.45 chance of having a fifth boy.

http://bookofodds.com/Health-Illness/Pregnancy-Birth/Articles/A0296-Behind-the-Numbers-Gender-Streaking-The-Odds-of-Having-Same-Sex-Kids-in-a-Row

Princess of Pink
March 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Wow that's interesting....I found it strange that the odds are greater to have 6 boys in a row...and rarer to have 6 girls in a row!

6 children will be boys = 1 in 55.57 (1.76%) 6 children will be girls = 1 in 73.6 (1.34%)

jennaesue
March 15th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Wow that's interesting....I found it strange that the odds are greater to have 6 boys in a row...and rarer to have 6 girls in a row!

6 children will be boys = 1 in 55.57 (1.76%) 6 children will be girls = 1 in 73.6 (1.34%)

I know, it's weird, right? I do think the average woman has a slightly higher chance of conceiving a boy each time (like 52% or something like that.)

Princess of Pink
March 15th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I know, it's weird, right? I do think the average woman has a slightly higher chance of conceiving a boy each time (like 52% or something like that.)

Gawd that means I am some kind of freak. If I'm going to beat the odds like that, can't I win lotto instead lol

trifecta
March 20th, 2013, 02:01 AM
I'm very sure I'm not going to get my missing gender. I have a strange confidence that if I went for a third it would be a girl this time (I have two boys) but both of my pregnancies had complications resulting in bedrest and after the last one I had bad, long-lasting PPD unrelated to gender. I couldn't go for a third unless I was sure that wouldn't happen again especially now that I have little boys to chase after. I know my feeling about having a girl means nothing and I could still have a third boy but in either case we aren't going for another. Maybe I like telling myself that I "chose" not to have a girl instead of confronting the fact that these things are all out of my hands.

BoysMamaTTC4aGirl
March 21st, 2013, 01:27 PM
Totally! I have 2 boys and I actually prayed for #2 to be a boy b/c growing up with only one brother I always wanted a sister and really wanted that type of bond for my boys. And to be perfectly honest, I don't even know if you would classify my feelings as "gender desire" b/c I do not believe I will be disappointed in the least with another boy, which I know sounds crazy b/c I bought a custom sway plan and everything...

I really feel like God knows what's best for me and my family and so if I have another boy then I was supposed to have another boy. It's a similar feeling to when I was TTC my first (#2 was a surprise). I knew God was in ultimate control of all of it, but I did everything I could to meet him halfway (BBT charting, etc.). And that's how I feel about swaying, just to be sure I do my part, I am going to sway. But I don't truly believe I will have a little girl and, even though I would love to, I'm okay with that.

Zivic-Bubac
March 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
I knew God was in ultimate control of all of it, but I did everything I could to meet him halfway.I like this! :agree:

Pink rose
March 22nd, 2013, 05:46 PM
This is my first post here. I totally understand how
You feel during my first pregnancy I really wanted a girl,
I didn't mind when ds1 was born, I knew I would have
More. I prayed to god every day to bless me with a
daughter and I tried the shettles method which I
messed up and had ds2 . I love both my sons but am
terrified of going for number 3 if its another boy
my dream is over and I don't know how to Handel it.

Dreamofpink
March 22nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
This is my first post here. I totally understand how
You feel during my first pregnancy I really wanted a girl,
I didn't mind when ds1 was born, I knew I would have
More. I prayed to god every day to bless me with a
daughter and I tried the shettles method which I
messed up and had ds2 . I love both my sons but am
terrified of going for number 3 if its another boy
my dream is over and I don't know how to Handel it.

Welcome! I felt like this when I started out swaying 18 months ago. I was very strict and the thought of ds3 horrified me. Sometimes I think I was subconsciously scared of even getting pg full stop. Now after ttc for so long I'm at peace with the idea of a ds3 and just desperately want another baby. It's been a long hard road and my failure to conceive has been down to too much strict swaying - Ig style for a year, then Le - rather than infertility. This site has been absolutely wonderful and there is so much support here.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Pink rose
March 22nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Thank you dream of pink its nice to know others have the
same thoughts and feel the same way as I do.
In my heart I always wanted 3 children but I know I couldn't
take the chance of it being another boy. My youngest is
now 6 and I thought time would heal but I'm feeling the
emptiness and longing more every day for a daughter I
don't have. I can't seem to overcome this I hate gd being
part of my life. I wish these feelings would disappear and
let me be at peace. Dh has agreed to go high tech,
he dosent know much about the process but is going
along with things to keep me happy - I would prefer a
good sway but am terrified of it failing.

BZ88
March 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM
How do you all reconcile the feeling of wanting a DG as I believe God does put those desires in your heart with what you get from God?

BoysMamaTTC4aGirl
March 25th, 2013, 04:46 PM
How do you all reconcile the feeling of wanting a DG as I believe God does put those desires in your heart with what you get from God?

I've never really thought of it as God putting desires into my heart, I guess. I feel like the basis of a DG is what we "imagine" the relationship with that child would be like and the way we "imagine" it will make our family perfect. I know everyone's beliefs are different, but I believe that those desires come mostly from society instead of God and that God will give us what we need.

Tiggerian
April 1st, 2013, 06:55 AM
I really don't think I'll ever have a daughter either. At the moment I've lost all hope of ever having another child at all... Every time we get close to getting the treatment we need something snaps and we go back to square one (latest was them sending me the wrong date twice and then striking us of the list!).

I could cry, honestly... My OH is starting to back track on the whole TTC thing now. He doesn't know if he wants to do it any more and I just find it heart breaking... I so, so badly want a little sister for our boys! I try not to think about it lately... Which is why I've stayed away from this forum too. I try to just ignore everything with babies, but it does creep up on you!

I've tried reconciling myself to just having our two boys. I try to convince myself that I don't really want anymore! I watch programs focusing on the negatives on having babies to convince myself I don't want to go through it all again... It kinda works!... Sometimes...

I think hope is the hardest to find. Hope that it works out for the best. Hope that everything comes together in the end. Have to admit though, there isn't too much hope left these days, not in the baby department anyway!

4BOYS
April 1st, 2013, 08:33 AM
I have felt like this for many years everytime i have swayed i would try and be possitive but always had the underlining feeling in my gut that i wasnt going to have a girl ,after my 5th boy i decided to take control of the situation and do HT for the next baby ,now i am finally starting to feel i will have a girl in our family, i have a glimmer of hope and a sense of peace ,i havnt felt like this for a long time

1+2+3boys
April 1st, 2013, 11:30 PM
I feel like this sometimes and other times have hope swaying will work. But mostly I am terrified of it failing and wondering how I will cope with things if I do. I recently talked to DP about HT and he really does not want to do it. Aside from the money he says he does not believe in messing with nature or doing IVF when we are perfectly fertile. I find hope the more I research natural swaying because it makes sense why we have had all boys so far so I should be able to change it but then I think what if it still does not work.

It is hard to lose hope again too due to other peoples comments too. DP says he will do what ever I ask of him to sway for a girl next time just to make me happy but he thinks it is all a load of bull sh*t. And when the conversation comes up with friends or aquaintences about more children and hearing people say that I am insane to try for one more 'just to get a girl' because my partner has 6 sons can hurt. I only wanted 3 kids but now am sure I want one more because I want one more baby so will not be devestated to have one more boy but will be really really sad of having to come to terms with not having a girl. It seems like ages away until we can start trying to get her too.

pinkin2011
April 2nd, 2013, 12:20 AM
I wont ever get a girl :-(
I really do believe it and it makes me so sad..... My d/h gets so angry at me when I say it as he thinks we will but we wont ever have a girl I would be money on it

6bluewant1pink
April 7th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I feel like i most likely won't get a girl after 6 boys :(
Sometimes i feel like a failure because family/friends look down on me, they tell me i should have stopped 2 or 3 boys ago, how rude! I didn't even announce this pregnancy because i am not ready for the uncalled for comments! I am already stressed as it is. I have 2 friends pregnant now i can bet they will both finally get girls after 2 boys way before me :tissue: It's gonna feel like a slap in the face once i hear their FB announcements of their it's a girl. My MIL already said she is not getting Her hopes up like she did with boys 5&6 for a girl. They make having all boys like wow its a disease or something like it should not have happened! All i can do is try to be hopeful and pray and pray to God.

xokatietatie
April 11th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I have three wonderful boys, but I long for a girl. The day I found out I was expecting again I was so excited and positive this was my girl. Up until this week I did genuinely feel my dreams were coming true. Then I had an ultrasound on Monday and the tech told me if she had to guess she'd say this baby is a boy. I instantly felt my dreams were shattered. I know technically speaking that she could have been wrong because it is pretty early and the cord was between baby's legs, but I still feel so deflated. I literally fantasize about hearing the words "It's a girl." Someone women fantasize about the perfect body or sexy men. No, not me. I just want to hear that my baby is a girl!!!!!! I'm sure I'll never hear it though.

motherofboys
April 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Wow 7, I'm only on number 4 and already feel like I will never get what I want. I have 3 boys already and my gut feeling the whole way through has been that this baby is a girl, but I've been trying to prepare myself for hearing boy because I think its just wishful thinking.
Anyway at my 12 week scan the nub did not look good for a girl and I'm now sure that I'm having a boy.

BunnyGirl19
April 14th, 2013, 10:30 PM

I feel everything happens for a reason. I never wanted boys and felt horribly annoyed by them. I only wanted girls but figured I'd tolerate having one boy in the mix. When I was pregnant with DS1 I was told he was a girl on amnio, but it was a mistake and the lab checked the wrong box. I felt absolutely crushed when I learned my girl turned into a boy weeks later after bonding with the thought of a girl. It took me awhile to get used to the idea of a boy and bond with him, but I eventually did and I love him to pieces. When I found out I was pregnant with #2 I just knew it was a boy and I was really sad about it. I was happy my son would have a little brother close in age, but really sad for me at the same time. I had bad PPD with him that actually started a few weeks before he was born and it was because of gender disappointment. Now that he's older he's got quite the personality and I can't imagine not having him. Baby #3 was a bit of a surprise for us. We were talking about TTC in a few months and I wanted to lose weight in the meantime, so I had gone on a very strict, low calorie diet losing 15 lb in 6 weeks of dieting. I had also never bothered to buy more vitamins when I ran out after having DS2. We ended having sex one night (6 weeks after starting my diet) and my husband suffered a major heart attack right after, was actually dead in our living room. I honestly didn't think he'd make it the whole time I was doing CPR waiting on the paramedics. During that time I prayed that if God had chosen to take him from me that He please leave me the baby girl we wanted so badly. I had called my mom to pick up the boys so I could go to the hospital. When I found out I was pregnant a couple weeks later I was completely shocked, and my mom told me she'd made the same prayer as me about having a baby girl. I had a strong feeling I was going to have a girl, but was so afraid to get my hopes up and be disappointed again. Several early ultrasounds and labs pointed toward girl and I was trying to be optimistic, but still afraid. I had it confirmed a couple days ago that we are for sure having our baby girl and I can't stop crying. I feel so blessed! This baby is such a miracle in so many ways that I feel so overwhelmed. God truly answer prayers and sometimes in the most amazing ways and when you least expect it to happen.

mumof6
May 3rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
i'm so sorry to hear about your dh bunnygirl19 how amazing you are expecting a lovely little girl after what you and your family went through

we had our 12w scan last weekend at 12w6d and i am convinced its another boy
hubby gets angry at me every time i mention it being a boy because he says "you never know what the universe may give us"
i'm devastated even before i know for sure - one nub shot looks slightly angled and boyish and i have another that is more parallel and girly then potty shot looks girly too.
i'll be well and truly put out of my misery next saturday at our gender scan
i feel like a total failure - i can't even give my boys the little sister they have said they so desperately want.

my sister in law is due 8 weeks before me and of course having a girl so that is salt rubbed in the wounds right there. i have to grin and bear it when all i wanna do is cry

i have only told immediate family and 3 close friends and that is it
i dont say a word to anyone else and i'm putting on the weight a bit more i try and cover my stomach area which i can get away with at the moment but i'm going on 14 weeks so i wont be able to get away with it for much longer. i'll be bigger over the winter here so i may just get away with school runs etc in looser clothing. i get enough stares as it is out with my boys.
everytime we announce a pregnancy we get all sorts of rude remarks from oh no not another one to dont you have a tv, oh you're gonna keep going til you get a girl, omg you have too many kids and you're having another one.

if hubby would let me i'd have a few more but he's made me promise to have my tubes tied after this baby is born - i know i am going to really have a hard time with it and do not want to have it done