PDA

View Full Version : OFF BABY SUBJECT - Anyone had a cat thats had kittens ?

Mum23boys
March 12th, 2013, 04:59 AM
I think my baby white cat is pregnant she was due to be spade 6 weeks ago but the vet was ill so it got cancelled then one thing after another, work, sick kids etc we didnt re arrange and now this morning i stroked her to be what i can only assume was kicked by a kitten or 2 !!! She is getting very round !!

If anyone has any dealing with pregnant cats Id be grateful for any advice - Im about to read up online what i need to be doing !!

jennaesue
March 20th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I had a cat that had kittens years ago - I adopted her only to find out she was already pregnant! You really don't need to do anything except make sure she has access to a warm, dark, safe place where she can go when she is ready to have her kittens. And then you should speak to your vet about how soon you can have her spade. With my cat, I had to wait until the kittens were old enough to be done nursing, I think it was around 6 or 8 weeks. And her milk had to be dried up before they would do the surgery. Good luck, and please post pics when the kittens come. :)

WantingPink
March 20th, 2013, 01:08 PM
There really isn't much to do except provide her a warm, dry, private place to have her kittens. I would be careful about toxoplasmosis since it sounds like your cat is an outdoor cat.

mommymachine
March 20th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Yes, wear gloves and a mask when changing the litter box! You can basically leave the mom to take care of the kittens. Closets with old towels work great. Then what my mom did the few times we had kittens (we are on a farm) was start them on soft kitten food at 4ish weeks and start introducing hard food a bit later. Kittens are a lot of fun!

Wanting-a-girl
March 20th, 2013, 02:40 PM
I've had many pregnant cats and they care for their babies very well and they are sooooo cute! My cats would always come get me when they were in labour it was so weird!

Mum23boys
March 21st, 2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks she had them 19th 3 white 1 ginger all boys wonder if that's a sign !! Ha ha

Wanting-a-girl
March 21st, 2013, 08:19 AM
Awww congrats to ur kitty mama! They are such good mums