PDA

View Full Version : Sciatica .....anyone ?

Mum23boys
March 13th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Ive had bad pain in my lower back for the last 2 days i can barely bend down and when i walk its made worse also standing is uncomfortable. Suggestion is it might be sciatica :-(

Thorz300
March 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I have really bad pain too that I used to describe as back pain, but really to be honest the pain was literally in my butt. Is yours actually your back or deep inside the top part of your bum? Sciatica usually radiates down the legs. Was told mine was sciatic pain at fist but it is actually sacroiliac joint pain, which is actually hip pain. If that's the case then a good SI belt should help ease the pain but it won't go away until the baby is born, at least that is when it goes away for me.

Wanting-a-girl
March 13th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I don't have siatica but I have killer lower back pain... Sometimes when I stand up I can't stand straight and sitting on the floor def makes it worse... I'm thinking of doing some physio gonna ask the dr at my next appt about it

Mrs_P
March 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I've had bad back pain for a while now. Years ago, pre kids, i hurt my back (down the bottom near my bum) and ever since ds1 its been really easy to hurt it but with ds2 starting at 30 something weeks and ds3 starting at 26 ish weeks i've had problems. With this one it started early. Some evenings i can barely walk and really struggle to move my feet and i often have a walk to rival that guy Kevin Spacey plays in the Usual Suspects (the bit at the end where he walks out of the police station limping and struggling til he's round the corner then he starts walking normally - i'm just like that, my dh finds it so funny).

Bit concerned as its started so early this time that it may be really bad by delivery

Rosie85
March 13th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I had it, it goes through your butt and down your leg. I had 5 separate cases of it this time so far. They were so severe I could barely walk or do anything really. I went to the chiro first time around, it was the only thing that worked but my tailbone was dislocated I guess. Each time after the pain subsided and left after about 5 days so I didn't bother with the chiro since it takes just as long to recover from the adjustment. Really hoping I don't get anymore sciatica and have no major issues after birth.

Mommyof3boys
March 13th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I have sciatica when I am pregnant and I had a really BAD case of it when ds3 was 1. It last 3 months and I could barely walk or bend but I didn't have a regular Dr. So no one would treat me because they thought I was a pain pill addict or something. My back went out after 3 months and I had to go to the emergency room and when my BP was 2??/120 they finically believed that I was in pain and gave me meds. I have struggled with it off and on since then but never quite that bad. But I have been having issues the last few weeks off and on. Typically it is in my left hip/butt area and radiates own my left leg. My leg will alternate between intense pain and a numbing sensation and it makes me walk the Dr. House on The show House. It is awful so I hope it doesn't last long for you. Good idea getting things ready beforehand just in case.

Atsaukina1
March 13th, 2013, 08:26 PM
you might just have back pain? stretching,ice then heat, not sitting a lot will help that. I think sciatica at least when I've had it and from what i've heard is more your legs,butt crazy pain. can you start seeing a chiro regularly? my back went completely out on me in my last 2 pregos and chiro did help and even better lined the babe up perfectly to slip on out easily with my fastest,easiest birth yet. hope you get some relief it's tough when your prego and can't take pian pills(or at least I didn't) a nice big ice pad(gel kind are nice) will be your best friend

Pearl327
March 14th, 2013, 04:58 AM
I get back & hip pain when pregnant too (pre-exsisting problems). I have been seeing an osteopath since I started the 2nd Tri to try to help offset it before it takes hold completely. I find that keeping my weight gain at a healthy level and doing yoga & swimming help me along with the regular deep massage from the osteo and the daily exercises I have to do between appointments. And Yes it is sore for a day or two after the massage/adjustments that they do, but I will be pain free for longer and longer between appointments. I am going 3 weeks between appointments now and yesterday was my 1st day of pain but it was in a new spot around my ribs so I think that may have been baby lying in an awkward position cos all is ok so far today.

Mum23boys
March 14th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Its definately sciatica as i have pins and needles in my legs too and shooting pain in bum and down one leg

Atsaukina1
March 14th, 2013, 08:13 AM
oh you didn't say that at first:) have ou went to chiro?

Mum23boys
March 14th, 2013, 08:07 PM
I didn't realise at first I thought the symptoms were in related until I spoke to my midwife she is going to refer me but may take a while and can't afford to go private :-( I have my spd belt from last time so may see if that helps at all

Bigwish
March 25th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I had terrible pelvic pain (or instability) with my first. I felt from a horse with 8 weeks and due to that everything in my pelvic was unbalanced. I felt it mainly in my SI-joints. With 17 weeks pregancy i discovered the method of a therapist and she had me back walking with at least half the pain in one session! Around 31 weeks the pain came back fully in my pubic bone. But my husband went to the therapist with me and learned the exercises, so together we did the exercises at home the rest of the pregancy, which made it bearable. After birth I did the exercises a few more time with my husband and then all the pain was gone. Even troughout my second pregnancy!

This is her international site: Rost Therapy, Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy (http://www.rosttherapy.com/)
It helped me and three of my pregant friends a lot!
And maybe it helps with sciatica too!