PDA

View Full Version : heartbeat

Atsaukina1
March 13th, 2013, 08:30 PM
so those of you who know what you are having what is babes heartbeat??
I know it's not accurate but for fun:)
my boys have always been in the 140's and this one is too. My dd was 13 years ago and I have no idea, I don't think the ob ever even told me she was a witch lol.

Nursee
March 13th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Just found out heart rate is 157 at 38 weeks. Not sure of gender, baby is head down and in the birth canal ready for deceant. Heart rate has been 157, 147, 145 and now back to 157.Confirmed study out about girls heart rate goes up during the birthing process.

Rosie85
March 13th, 2013, 10:08 PM
That study about heart rate during labor...for girls it goes up, up from what? From an average or up from where theirs was during the pregnancy? I've always been confused about that.

Nursee
March 13th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Interestingly enough, a study published this year in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology found that there is a difference in the heart rates of male and female fetuses during labor only. Scientists found that female fetuses had "significantly faster" heart rates than male fetuses after the onset of labor. It goes without saying that gender prognostications are fairly beside the point by the time birth is underway. -- David Emery

mommymachine
March 13th, 2013, 10:32 PM
My DD heartbeat was always very high. I had a lot of non-stress tests and it was always 180-190. Once when my doctor was on vacation a older gentleman doctor was seeing me and he listened to the Doppler and asked do you know what your having? I said girl and he said yup I'm getting a girl heartbeat. He said in all o his career he found it to be mostly right. So I dunno. I half believe in it but I never payed attention with my boys except I do remember DS3 being 140-150 during ONE of my stress tests.

iluvmy4sons
March 14th, 2013, 12:06 AM
My boys were always over 150. At my ultrasound and last week this baby a girl was 148 both times.

dloui128
March 14th, 2013, 09:39 AM
My girls were 140-150's and my boy was 160-170's

Alyssasmom789
March 14th, 2013, 11:42 PM
My girls were 140-150's and my boy was 160-170's

That goes me so much happiness :) this baby at 8 wks was 165 and I thought oh great I already know its a girl but I guess it could still be a boy! !!! Praying :)

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I've seen this question come and go a dozen times while on here and IG and I can say without a shadow of a doubt there is NOTHING to this one at all.

All babies have high heartrates when they're small.

My daughter's heartrate was the lowest of the 5 children, my only child who ever had heartrate in the 120's-130's. My second and 3rd sons regularly had heartbeats in the 170 range and even 180 once (my 2nd son is still highly strung LOL) My other two were always 150-160.

Good explanation here Is There a Connection between Gender and Baby Heart Rate? (http://www.wisegeek.com/is-there-a-connection-between-gender-and-baby-heart-rate.htm#did-you-know)

Wanting-a-girl
March 15th, 2013, 12:17 AM
All my boys had high heart rates... This babe is in the 140's I've only heard it once to check tho so far... I don't believe it at all...

Last week my friend comes home from prenatal appt and tells me her dr said she is def having a girl cause the heart was 160 I laughed and told her to tell her dr to go back to school and then went on to say well I guess it's weird that all my girls have penis' lol and she got soooooo offended lmao...