PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swing, Bbay Bouncer chair or Both ?

Mum23boys
March 14th, 2013, 06:02 AM
We had both with our last baby and still have the swing but no bouncer chair and instead of buying one i was wondering if i will really need it - i cant remember how much use it got last time.
Is there much point having a swing and a chair ?
I have this swing: Fisher-Price Rainforest Take-along Baby Swing: Amazon.co.uk: Baby (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Take-along-Baby-Swing/dp/B002K174YW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1363255220&sr=8-4)
so its low to the floor like a chair anyway and the toy thing moves out of the way so it would just serve like a chair so long as my naughty children keep swinging it with baby in it ( though to be fair with a bouncer they would bounce it too so no win situation )
Im probably fussing over nothing but as i dont have one im just worrying maybe ill need one then i think why do i need both .... hmmm decisions decisions. Maybe i should hold off getting one - see how we get on with the swing and if need be buy one when bubs is here and we know the sex...
What are you guys all getting / have got already ?

Mommyof3boys
March 14th, 2013, 08:06 AM
We have always had both. I liked that I could take the bouncer chair up and down stairs because it wasn't very big (not while baby was in it of course). Because we don't have either yet I was thinking of getting a swing that had a vibrating seat that could be removed to be used just as a chair to save space. I like the Fisher Price Zen collection swing for that but i haven't really decided. I think it is nice to have a little variety for the baby. I understand what you are saying about your boys though DS3 hardly ever used the swing or seat because his brothers were too rough and I didn't want him to get hurt.

dloui128
March 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I have both, and I never use the swing the baby doesn't really like it. I use the bouncie chair ALL the time and he loves it. I bring it in the bathroom when I am showering and getting ready, he takes naps in it, I would be lost without it.

5boysandcounting
March 14th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I had both for my last child. He loved his swing best though and when he was suffering with colic it was the only way to soothe him. I had the graco sweet peace newborn soothing centre. The only downside to it is was it's size. It is big and quite bulky but he loved it so much it was totally worth it.

I am looking at buying the fisher price papasan cradle swing this time. I need something that is slightly raised off the ground with my boisterous boys and a dog and two cats in the house! I also love the look of it and it plugs in so will save on batteries.

Emily
March 14th, 2013, 10:26 AM
If you do get a bouncy seat don't leave your baby in it for too long - not for sleeping. Also check that they rest their head on different sides. My DS 1 had severe plagiocephaly (flathead) due to ripped neck muscles at birth and the doc said that these chairs can make it worse.

They are absolutely fine (DS2 loved his) when used properly - I just wanted to share my experience as I would hate any of your lovely babies to need treatment like mine did.

Enjoy shopping

Wanting-a-girl
March 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM
iv always had both and i was a bit more excessive for ds3 i had 2 swings one for upstairs which in the end was only used maybe 3 times lol... now i dont have any of my swings cause i sold them cause i thought ds3 was the last babe...

have you seen the mama roo swings? im thinking of getting that i tried it in a store and it was super cool! i just dont think i want to spend that kind of money

Wanting-a-girl
March 14th, 2013, 10:35 AM
if you have a dog/cat i would not recomend the take along its way too low to the ground... and in quebec the time around when i had ds3 someones dog killed their newborn baby that was in one :(

Mum23boys
March 14th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I just founf one second hand on a local for sale site fr a lady who had twins but one twin hated the bouncer so she is selling one of them and it was only used twice. She is only asking £5 so i may get that to start -see if bubs likes it and if so buy a nicer one that way im not out of pocket from the start. It is very basic but does come with vibrate mode removeable toy bar and a head hugger ... this is the pic she sent me.

cvd
March 14th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Both! We got the Fisher Price Rainforest Swing and the Fisher Price Infant-to-Toddler Chair. DS1 hated the swing we had for him but loved the his chair (his were borrowed from a friend). We got really good deals on them this time so we figured might as well have both.

cvd
March 14th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I just founf one second hand on a local for sale site fr a lady who had twins but one twin hated the bouncer so she is selling one of them and it was only used twice. She is only asking £5 so i may get that to start -see if bubs likes it and if so buy a nicer one that way im not out of pocket from the start. It is very basic but does come with vibrate mode removeable toy bar and a head hugger ... this is the pic she sent me.

I LOOOOOOOOVE local sale sites!!!!!!! I have gotten soooo many good deals on stuff. Since this is our last and everything from DS1 was borrowed from a friend who had a boy a year before us I didn't really want to spend a ton on new things. Such a fabulous way to shop!

iluvmy4sons
March 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM
We have both. I even have a regular swing and a travel swing since Conor was born in October to take to Thanksgiving and Christmas.