PDA

View Full Version : Jillian Michaels workouts sway boy?

3Pink1Blue
April 17th, 2011, 08:19 PM
They are weights heavy but also a pretty kick butt cardio workout. Would this sway boy or should I err on the side of caution and find something else?

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
How long are they?? If they are like 45 minutes I would say go for it but do it only every other day. If they are longer, I would hesitate (unless you are in super good shape to begin with - if you're already in good cardio shape and it's a step down for you, then it will sway blue.)

3Pink1Blue
April 17th, 2011, 08:37 PM
They are pretty short 20-30 minutes, thinking of doing them after walking dd#1 to school (2 miles round trip) or is this too much? I was a 1/2 marathon runner/triathlete but quit and switched to just weights (thanks IG) when I started swaying in May of last year. I haven't worked out much since my m/c in Oct so I'm not in great shape, better then most but not great. I'm really looking to slow the weight gain and get some of my muscle back. I naturally carry a pretty good amount of muscle but have lost some tone while gaining this hopefully boy friendly flab.

begonia
April 17th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Jen I too was a pretty intense runner pre-sway (anywhere from 40-60 miles a week, no weights but did do ab work + squats) and for my sway workout I do 2 45 minute weight sessions a week and run/walk about 10 miles a week. I did 30 day shred after DD2 was born; I think it would be good for boy b/c most of the cardio is light and used more as strength building than true endurance building. Plus it is still considerably less than what you were doing in your pre-sway days!

3Pink1Blue
April 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I love 30 day shred, I used to do it then one from the Biggest Winner series then 30 minutes of ab work. All this after either a run or bike ride and on 1800 cals per day. No surprise I've got girls right lol

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2011, 11:02 AM
They are pretty short 20-30 minutes, thinking of doing them after walking dd#1 to school (2 miles round trip) or is this too much? I was a 1/2 marathon runner/triathlete but quit and switched to just weights (thanks IG) when I started swaying in May of last year. I haven't worked out much since my m/c in Oct so I'm not in great shape, better then most but not great. I'm really looking to slow the weight gain and get some of my muscle back. I naturally carry a pretty good amount of muscle but have lost some tone while gaining this hopefully boy friendly flab.

I think that is fine for you then!!

cemas
June 14th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hi Atomic,
i have put on a lot of weight after this boy sway for more then a year now. I also look pregnant with a tummy and all keep asking all the time which makes me feel so bad. I have finally decided to add some boy sway workout.
i plan to do weights everyday 15-20 mins but different body parts, like steps one day, arms another, abs on the 3rd and bi-ceps 4th ets. is it OK to do weights everyday for short durations though like 15-20 mins? will it help at all ot too less??
i want to change flab to muscle so i don't tell my body its bad time and at the same time am not so fat!
please advise a plan for me

Flava
June 14th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I also have a CD from her for the wii but no weights so I do it after I did the workout with the dumbbells . Don't know if I put on muscle or not( don't see any change) but I had to changes bells twice now from 3 lbs to 5 and then 8.

cemas Im not atomic but she told me it's ok to do weight every day for a short time. I have this Gunner Peterson dvd and it's kinda do all the muscles in 20 min. I do it 6 days /week now.

begonia
June 14th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Go Flava! 6 days a week is awesome! You better give it a go in October girl ... you've done SO MUCH! I know you're nervous and I didn't see your sway last time, but I'm super impressed with all you've done this time around.

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Hi Atomic,
i have put on a lot of weight after this boy sway for more then a year now. I also look pregnant with a tummy and all keep asking all the time which makes me feel so bad. I have finally decided to add some boy sway workout.
i plan to do weights everyday 15-20 mins but different body parts, like steps one day, arms another, abs on the 3rd and bi-ceps 4th ets. is it OK to do weights everyday for short durations though like 15-20 mins? will it help at all ot too less??
i want to change flab to muscle so i don't tell my body its bad time and at the same time am not so fat!
please advise a plan for me

No that is actually perfect as long as you're working diff. body parts every day. It really will help you both to sway blue and to be one hot mama!!

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I also have a CD from her for the wii but no weights so I do it after I did the workout with the dumbbells . Don't know if I put on muscle or not( don't see any change) but I had to changes bells twice now from 3 lbs to 5 and then 8.

cemas Im not atomic but she told me it's ok to do weight every day for a short time. I have this Gunner Peterson dvd and it's kinda do all the muscles in 20 min. I do it 6 days /week now.

That is AWESOME flava! 8 pounds is a lot of weight for us ladies! You kick butt (literally!)