PDA

View Full Version : Vote on girl names

strawberrymom
March 16th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Well I am holding out hope that this is a girl still and find I like a ton of names (I am finding out in 2 weeks). I made a list on the bump and would love people to go and vote- different but not weird girl for strawberrymom2 - Baby Name List (http://planning.thebump.com/baby-names/my-name-lists/63641)

Violet_
March 16th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Probably have to be Willow Isobel for me. Sorry don't feel like registering and logging in to vote on that site. Thought I'd just post here.

Wanting-a-girl
March 16th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I have always liked helana

If my babe is a girl I think I will name her Harper

strawberrymom
March 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Violet- No reason to apologize as I am grateful for your input. I just don't know how to make a poll on here, and already had it set up. I still have plenty of time to figure it out I guess-lol.
Wanting-a-girl- Harper was on our list but now know someone who used it so took it off. Still love it though.

Wanting-a-girl
March 16th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Do you like Vienna?

Yuzu
March 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
All your names are pretty! I like Helena the best though; I've always liked that name.

strawberrymom
March 16th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Do you like Vienna?
I do in think it is a pretty name, but it is hard for me to separate from the Vienna who was on The Bachelor who I couldn't stand... Isn't it crazy how one person can change your mind?

harleyquinn
March 16th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Vivienne is also high on my list for a girl name, as well as Scarlett but I think I have lost lustre with that name over the years. I"m not a fan of the Willow/Harper/Isobel thing...getting way too popular imo.

I DID like the name Tiare until that dang Bachelor girl last season and Helena reminds of that movie 'Boxing Helena' back in the day where she had her legs cut off and laid in a bed all the time:oops:

harleyquinn
March 16th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Fiona reminds me of Shrek. Piper just doesn't grab me, nor does Ivy.

I also like Astrid (its pretty much the only flower the names don't have a corner on so far LOL) If I hear one more Lily...idk. BUt in some ways, common names are nice because the kids don't ever get teased :)

strawberrymom
March 16th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Fiona reminds me of Shrek. Piper just doesn't grab me, nor does Ivy.

I also like Astrid (its pretty much the only flower the names don't have a corner on so far LOL) If I hear one more Lily...idk. BUt in some ways, common names are nice because the kids don't ever get teased :)
Ugh, no common names for me as mine was so common not only did I run into multiples of my name, but in college there was someone with my same first and last name- not fun. I did think of Shrek, but don't mind that. Tiara was horrible! And I do have a niece Lilly. Funny you don't like Ivy because dh mentioned Poison Ivy from Batman and when I see harleyquinn that is where my mind goes to (we are a bit of nerds here)! Forgot about Boxing Helena-that is a blast from the past. I am noticing Willow and Zoe seem to be getting more popular so they are on the fence, but they do go best with my sons names (not a great naming reason I know) and I do like them. I am thinking if baby is a redhead then Scarlett might be out as I don't want to be cliche? With DS2 we actually had 2 names picked out based on looks and potential hair color.

Wanting-a-girl
March 16th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Lol I have a very uncommon last name and my first names not crazy common and there is someone tht liv I the city next to me with the same name... So freaky... And peoples confusion is pretty funny as well...

I understand the whole bachlor thing lol makes sense to me... I would never name my babe te nam of someone I don't like...

Another girl nam I had picked for ds3 was Harlow... Not too sure I like it too much anymore

Rainbow baby
March 17th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Willow then Scarlett....
Question!! Willow is on my girl list to! If I ever have one that is!! what is a nick name for Willow??? I assume you might have thought about or no some!!!

mrs magoo
March 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Scarlett or Viviene

lovemy4
March 17th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I've always liked Piper :)

strawberrymom
March 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Willow then Scarlett....
Question!! Willow is on my girl list to! If I ever have one that is!! what is a nick name for Willow??? I assume you might have thought about or no some!!!
DH and I just started thinking about nicknames yesterday and came to the same conclusion as Will or willie are not appropriate at all. I think i have heard Willa but not a fan of that.
Wanting-a-girl- Yup I had Harlow in mind at one point too.

harleyquinn
March 17th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I really think all your choices are really very nice tbh. I think thats why I responded to this thread...you have very good taste in names!!

strawberrymom
March 22nd, 2013, 03:09 PM
I really think all your choices are really very nice tbh. I think thats why I responded to this thread...you have very good taste in names!!
Aww, Thanks! That is a really nice thing to hear (or read as it might be).

Petal
March 22nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
I love Willow and Ivy, Scarlett is lovely too! and Isobel lol :-) x

Bigwish
March 22nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
I would like Elena Isobel, but i'm from the NL so i've a different reference framework than you have. GL with making a choice!

mumof6
March 23rd, 2013, 03:44 AM
my faves are Scarlett and Vivienne