PDA

View Full Version : Fast during 2WW and swaying

Zivic-Bubac
April 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM
We all know Easter is on April 24 this year for all Christians and I'm looking forward to it :happy:
I'm Orthodox Christian and we are supposed to fast 7 weeks before Easter ( I usually do 1st and last week) and by fast I mean: no meat, no eggs, no dairy and NO FISH, but DH and I are not that strict, so we eat fish.
My question is: can this fast ( which will last only a week for me) be harmful during 2WW? I can use other protein sources, like fish, nuts, legumes,...umm, I ran out of ideas LOL!
Or I will be safe if I keep my blood sugar levels high, eat often and enough?
If I knew for sure I was pg, I would NEVER fast.
But since I don't know for sure, I want that the 4 of us receive communion as a family on Easter and you can't receive a communion if you don't fast AT LEAST a week.

This is already too long, but just 1 more q: can 1 week fast jeopardize swaying, esp blue one? I wasn't fasting during swaying, but if I get another bfn, I want to have the info :wink:

ELP
April 18th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I would think that if you were eating fish, nuts and good carbs then that would be a pretty steady, healthy diet anyway, so maybe just make sure you have plenty of healthy alternatives in:agree:

Zivic-Bubac
April 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I would think that if you were eating fish, nuts and good carbs then that would be a pretty steady, healthy diet

Yes, I think that too.

atomic sagebrush
April 19th, 2011, 09:21 AM
We all know Easter is on April 24 this year for all Christians and I'm looking forward to it :happy:
I'm Orthodox Christian and we are supposed to fast 7 weeks before Easter ( I usually do 1st and last week) and by fast I mean: no meat, no eggs, no dairy and NO FISH, but DH and I are not that strict, so we eat fish.
My question is: can this fast ( which will last only a week for me) be harmful during 2WW? I can use other protein sources, like fish, nuts, legumes,...umm, I ran out of ideas LOL!
Or I will be safe if I keep my blood sugar levels high, eat often and enough?
If I knew for sure I was pg, I would NEVER fast.
But since I don't know for sure, I want that the 4 of us receive communion as a family on Easter and you can't receive a communion if you don't fast AT LEAST a week.

This is already too long, but just 1 more q: can 1 week fast jeopardize swaying, esp blue one? I wasn't fasting during swaying, but if I get another bfn, I want to have the info :wink:

Just to clarify for anyone who might stumble onto this, she is not talking about a fast where you eat nothing or drink only juices (no one should do a fast where you eat nothing, and juice fasts sway pink). She is talking about a fast where she still is able to eat fish, nuts, and beans along with other vegetable foods and grains.

As long as you are VERY CAREFUL to keep your blood sugar levels elevated by eating protein and carbs at every meal and snacking regularly while keeping your caloric intake in the 2000's, then that is fine. I don't advise that anyone eat fish more than 2 times a week while TTC either gender because of the risks of mercury. I hope you guys have a lovely Easter!!

Zivic-Bubac
April 19th, 2011, 02:41 PM
As long as you are VERY CAREFUL to keep your blood sugar levels elevated by eating protein and carbs at every meal and snacking regularly while keeping your caloric intake in the 2000's, then that is fine. I don't advise that anyone eat fish more than 2 times a week while TTC either gender because of the risks of mercury. I hope you guys have a lovely Easter!!
Thank you Atomic! Have a lovely Easter too!:happy: