PDA

View Full Version : Newborn or 0-3 clothes?

5boysandcounting
March 19th, 2013, 09:08 PM
So I've put of buying any clothes so far even though I've really wanted to :). I felt it was too early, but I've just been looking at my next directory catalogue and I don't think I can stop myself any longer !. They have some gorgeous clothes in now.

Next do first size which is up to 7.8 pounds, up to 1 month (10 pounds) and 0-3 months (10 - 14 pounds) I've decided to buy the up to 1 month clothes as it doesn't sound like she will get much wear out of the first size and some 0-3 too.

How much new born (up to 10 pounds) will you be buying compared to 0-3? and will you just buy the new born now and the 0-3 when babies ready for that size or a mixture of both sizes before baby arrives?

. I'm finding it really difficult as their are so many lovely summer clothes but with her being due end of July, If I get these in 0-3 I think by the time she is ready for them it will be September and too cold?

My kids were around 7-8 pound mark except ds 2 who was 5 weeks early.

Wanting-a-girl
March 19th, 2013, 09:11 PM
I will be buying no newborn lol I have a couple newborn sleepers from ds3 and he wore them like twice and then he only fit 0-3 till he was 20 days old :( he grew so fast... If its a boy I won't have to buy a thing... Ds3 had a very nice wardrobe that he barley used... I would buy a few things that I love o... If its a girl DH is going to have to claim bankruptcy

5boysandcounting
March 19th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I will be buying no newborn lol I have a couple newborn sleepers from ds3 and he wore them like twice and then he only fit 0-3 till he was 20 days old :( he grew so fast... If its a boy I won't have to buy a thing... Ds3 had a very nice wardrobe that he barley used... I would buy a few things that I love o... If its a girl DH is going to have to claim bankruptcy

Lol, I'm the same. I think that's half the reason I've been afraid to buy anything. I know if I start I will get carried away and buy far too much!!

how much did you boys weigh?

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2013, 09:23 PM
For some reason i didn't think my girl would be as big as my boys were and I bought some little newborn onesies...well she was my second-biggest baby and all those little onesies were worn one time and I needed a team of mules to get her into the last couple LOL.

Plus, I guarantee that peopel will buy you some newborn pink! :)

Wanting-a-girl
March 19th, 2013, 09:23 PM
My last two were 9lbs and my first was 6lbs he was 3 weeks early ds2 was a week late and ds3 was a week early so Im think I will get a 10lber this time :s

jennaesue
March 19th, 2013, 10:14 PM
My boys were 8'6", 8'1", and 8'13". I don't bother with newborn size clothes!

cvd
March 19th, 2013, 10:19 PM
I have actually stocked up on NB, 3m, 6m, 9m and even a touch of 12m lol!! A lot of it is Ryder's clothes of course but I've also done a lot of shopping, I love local sale sites, got some great deals. Luckily enough these 2 being born a month apart season wise, I'm pretty much anticipating the same as Ryder. Everything I've bought is versatile weather wise though, no snow suits or anything. Mostly sleepers and play outfits :) I didn't buy newborn clothing with Ryder and found 0-3 too big on him for a while (he was 7lbs 14oz) so I got some for Hudson (Ryder was born at 42 weeks, Hudson will be born at 38 so just planning that hell be smaller). I just love baby clothes.

Pearl327
March 20th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I think it depend on the shop as some newborn clothes are up to 10lb and others are only up to 8lb
I will have a few newborn items (all 2nd hand as they dont get much use) I have only been buying 0-3 months clothes. I would be expecting this baby to be born around 8lb or under

NearlyDone
March 20th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Iv got lots of 1 month size atm only a few newborn...my newborns have ranged in size from 5.5lb-7.15 and a half...im thinking if this one is top end then i wont really need new baby for very long at all but if its lower end i may do........going to wait as i get growth scans every 4 weeks this time(not that they are ever right) but i can usually guess how big they are going to be x.....next sizing has changed since i had my 1st baby the 'up to 1 month' used to be called 'new baby' and the now 'new baby' used to be 'little baby'......most other shops refer to up to 7/8lbs stuff as tiny or petite baby

Mrs_P
March 20th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Funnily enough i had the same problem and hit next! I knew all my boys were boys so brought everything blue we are pretty sure this one's a girl (nub shot, cvs test and 2 i think its its a girl ultra sounds - although i'm still not convinced!) so we have nothing for a girl. My boys were 7.4, 7.5 and 7.8 with the first two wearing tiny baby clothes as the newborn and 0-3 swamped them. My third went into newborn and wore it for a while.

This one i am presuming will be smaller - partly due to gender, partly due to ultra sound measurements but i am still expecting her to be around the same size as ds3. As a compromise i brought her up to 1 month from next thinking next sizes are quite generous and will probably fit for a while (although mine are breast feed and usually wallop the weight on).

I'm really picky with clothes but so far i have brought her 1 cardigan, 3 baby gro's, a romper with a hat, a vest with a tutu skirt and something that i can't decide if its a long top with shorts or a dress - all from next as i love their range and it wears so well (or at least it did with the boys). Although i have them all hidden away as it feels wrong shopping so early (a bit like tempting fate, i always waited until after 30 weeks) and i'm still not convinced she's a girl.

For us im pretty sure this little one will be our last so i want enough for her to wear but not too much - i still have something things only one or none of my boys wore and its perfect

Ps we should start a thread in our due date group to post pics of all the things we brought

5boysandcounting
March 20th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Yes Mrs P. I'm exactly the same. I have been just itching to buy some girly clothes but have held myself back just in case the scans have been wrong! I have had 4 scans that confirm girl now but I still can't seem to fully believe it.

It's annoying as the doubt is stopping me from being really happy. I have wanted a little girl for so long I suppose I am just worried something will stop my dream from coming true.

I did order some gorgeous girls clothes from next that came today. They are mostly 1 month and some 0-3 although I expect her to be in 1 month for the first 6 weeks if she's the same weight as my other babies. It's so strange I almost feel that I have done something naughty in buying these clothes and felt like it was a guilty pleasure looking at them. Am I mad :)

I wish I could just quit worrying and begin to enjoy my pregnancy,( Mind you no chance of that as I just developed what I think is PUPPS rash on my stomach and it is itching like crazy!! I just hope it doesn't spread)

I think that's a great idea to start a thread with the things we have bought our babies! I also bought a little tutu bodysuit outfit from next. I'm betting it was the same one you did :)

5boysandcounting
March 20th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Iv got lots of 1 month size atm only a few newborn...my newborns have ranged in size from 5.5lb-7.15 and a half...im thinking if this one is top end then i wont really need new baby for very long at all but if its lower end i may do........going to wait as i get growth scans every 4 weeks this time(not that they are ever right) but i can usually guess how big they are going to be x.....next sizing has changed since i had my 1st baby the 'up to 1 month' used to be called 'new baby' and the now 'new baby' used to be 'little baby'......most other shops refer to up to 7/8lbs stuff as tiny or petite baby

Yeah I noticed Next sizing is different. The new born seemed very small and I wouldn't get hardly any use at all as most of my babies were at least 7.8 pounds.

I just love Next baby clothes though. I like the way their sleep suits have the inbuilt scratch mittens. That save them forever falling off!

NearlyDone
March 20th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I held that tutu outfit up to my yougest dd and asked if we should get it for the baby she said yes lol........next is sooooo gorgeous for girlys this season.....im a tad jealous xx

5boysandcounting
March 20th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I held that tutu outfit up to my yougest dd and asked if we should get it for the baby she said yes lol........next is sooooo gorgeous for girlys this season.....im a tad jealous xx

I also think they have some gorgeous boys clothes too :) It's just such a novelty for me to be buying pink dresses for a change! it feels very strange, but lovely too.

She just better not grow a winky when I have my next scan lol . I've bought too much pink for that to happen.

Rosie85
March 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM
My boys pretty much went right into 0-3. I have a few newborn outfits just in case and they maybe wore them once or twice each. I would focus the money and shopping on larger longer lasting sizes though regardless.

iluvmy4sons
March 20th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Yes Mrs P. I'm exactly the same. I have been just itching to buy some girly clothes but have held myself back just in case the scans have been wrong! I have had 4 scans that confirm girl now but I still can't seem to fully believe it.

It's annoying as the doubt is stopping me from being really happy. I have wanted a little girl for so long I suppose I am just worried something will stop my dream from coming true.

I did order some gorgeous girls clothes from next that came today. They are mostly 1 month and some 0-3 although I expect her to be in 1 month for the first 6 weeks if she's the same weight as my other babies. It's so strange I almost feel that I have done something naughty in buying these clothes and felt like it was a guilty pleasure looking at them. Am I mad :)

I wish I could just quit worrying and begin to enjoy my pregnancy,( Mind you no chance of that as I just developed what I think is PUPPS rash on my stomach and it is itching like crazy!! I just hope it doesn't spread)

I think that's a great idea to start a thread with the things we have bought our babies! I also bought a little tutu bodysuit outfit from next. I'm betting it was the same one you did :)

I only had the one ultrasound that confirmed girl. I feel the same way as you. I can't believe it is true. I been buying stuff though. I picked up a few newborn and 3 months. Newborn here is up to 8 pds. and 3 months is 8-12.5lbs.

wilma_five
March 21st, 2013, 04:06 AM
I get small babies so I have bought some newborn stuff. Newborn over here is size "50" probably 0-1 month old. Then we've got size "56" 0-2 months old. So, size 50 and 56 is what I buy!

Mrs_P
March 21st, 2013, 04:20 PM

Even better then if we have the same taste we share ideas! Will take some pics of my little horde tomorrow and put on line.

I get the guilt thing to, my stuff is all hidden in the cupboard in a bag like my guilty little secret. I am so worried something will go wrong either that we will loose the baby (been my worst fear all the way through just cause the pregnancy has been so different but i have no real reason for this) or that the baby will grow a willy (which i could deal with although it would be a little disappointing).

I looked a right sight in next though when i brought my few things - i took my mom my littlest and my eldest. We were there for ages and we had three people come over and ask us if we needed help and if we could find what we were after (which from the way they said i took to mean the boy stuff is over there). When i finally did make my selections i hid them behing a t-shirt for my eldest and shuttled over to the til - i must have looked like i was going to rob the place i was so awkward and guilty

Mrs_P
March 21st, 2013, 04:20 PM

Even better then if we have the same taste we share ideas! Will take some pics of my little horde tomorrow and put on line.

I get the guilt thing to, my stuff is all hidden in the cupboard in a bag like my guilty little secret. I am so worried something will go wrong either that we will loose the baby (been my worst fear all the way through just cause the pregnancy has been so different but i have no real reason for this) or that the baby will grow a willy (which i could deal with although it would be a little disappointing).

I looked a right sight in next though when i brought my few things - i took my mom my littlest and my eldest. We were there for ages and we had three people come over and ask us if we needed help and if we could find what we were after (which from the way they said i took to mean the boy stuff is over there). When i finally did make my selections i hid them behing a t-shirt for my eldest and shuttled over to the til - i must have looked like i was going to rob the place i was so awkward and guilty

fish2012
March 21st, 2013, 06:45 PM
Next sizing never worked for my two too short and wide lol!

Wouldn't buy newborn my ds1 was 8lbs4 so didn't need it ds2 was 7lbs 1 so did but everyone have me stuff I sent mother to buy some small stuff and it was lovely to buy a few bits once I'd met his especially as I had a bit of gd it did help a bit and is his only clothes he's had first hand lol!

5boysandcounting
March 21st, 2013, 09:09 PM

I feel exactly the same! so worried something will go wrong. I know my fears are irrational as I also have no reason to feel this way but I have thought for so long that I could only have boys that it is difficult to believe everything will be ok. I think it must be normal though. I guess it must be as we both feel this way :)

I was just laughing at the thought of the image of you in Next, guiltily loitering like a shop lifter! lol I would have been just the same. I have not bought anything from an actual shop yet, it feels too weird! It took me almost a week and hours of just looking at the clothes online before I ordered anything - and that was from the next directory. I didn't even have to go in the shop but still felt really weird and guilty buying it!

I really loved looking at all the little clothes I ordered though. I will take some pics of my stash tomorrow too :) We can compare what we have bought!

Violet_
March 21st, 2013, 09:37 PM
Next sizing never worked for my two too short and wide lol!

Wouldn't buy newborn my ds1 was 8lbs4 so didn't need it ds2 was 7lbs 1 so did but everyone have me stuff I sent mother to buy some small stuff and it was lovely to buy a few bits once I'd met his especially as I had a bit of gd it did help a bit and is his only clothes he's had first hand lol!

I think you may need some newborn this time, with twins.

Violet_
March 21st, 2013, 09:43 PM
I totally understand what you girls feel like that are having a girl after several boys. I totally get the guilts and feel like I'm delusional and somehow misleading myself into believing its a girl when its really a boy. Really hard to believe. Don't think I really will until she is born and in my arms. I also keep expecting something to go wrong, all the way through this pregnancy as I just can't fathom that I could possibly have a daughter.

RKT Mama
March 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
I totally understand what you girls feel like that are having a girl after several boys. I totally get the guilts and feel like I'm delusional and somehow misleading myself into believing its a girl when its really a boy. Really hard to believe. Don't think I really will until she is born and in my arms. I also keep expecting something to go wrong, all the way through this pregnancy as I just can't fathom that I could possibly have a daughter.

Agree with this. My secret stash is growing rapidly but I don't dare take it out just in case this one grows a penis when I am not looking

Mrs_P
March 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
We must all sound like a bunch of crazy women i find myself telling people yes we think its a girl although i'm not holding my hopes up i keep expecting to see a willy at my next u/s.

My little one now has started to tell people we think the baby's willy has fell off and its a girl!