PDA

View Full Version : Coloring eggs for Easter!

Zivic-Bubac
April 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Are you coloring eggs for Easter? Do you color them on some specific day or when you grab some time?
We color eggs on Good Friday, I'm going to color 50 (too much, I know) and my girls are going to help me. Last Easter I colored them with my 2 girls and they enjoyed it and now looking forward to do it again ( that is 1 of the reasons why I'm doing 50 eggs)
We will have 15 red eggs, 10 yellow, 10 blue, 10 green, 5 purple. Some of them will be in...hmmm, I have no idea how you call it, here is: dress the egg - with different motives, our motives will be Winx and Hello Kitty ( VERY Easter :rofl: but girls asked for that)
If they look any good, I'll post some pics here on Good Friday! :happy:

Flava
April 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM
We do color eggs with the girls , they like to do it. But not much just for fun before Easter . Like 1 or 2 days before. And not 50 lol maybe 10 and we eat them soon!:bigsmile:

lovehugs
April 22nd, 2011, 08:40 PM
Never done it but I'd love to see your pics!

Zivic-Bubac
April 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
I'll post a pic tonight or tomorrow the latest! My girls did a great job! ( with smallest assistance from me:wink:)

lindi
April 23rd, 2011, 03:58 PM
We colored just a few so I can have a little hunt on Sunday. I wonder how safe that dye is though?

Zivic-Bubac
April 23rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
We colored just a few so I can have a little hunt on Sunday. I wonder how safe that dye is though?

Hmmm, it should be eatable, but I'm almost sure it is NOT organic:think: I mean if wouldn't be that cheap if it was lol!

Zivic-Bubac
April 24th, 2011, 02:06 PM
165 Happy Easter!!!! Христос Воскресе!!!
I had major troubles uploading this pic, but luckily nuthinbut helped me out:p Those 2 eggs with pink chicken above were painted by my dd2 in her kindergarten :HH: dd 1 also painted eggs in art class in school, but she had to leave them at school, her teacher made an egg exhibition, so will get them after Easter break. :happy:

Flava
April 24th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Very nice! I need to find a better paint next year because ours are so not pretty:thumbsdown:

lovehugs
April 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Goodness - we don't do this in Aust but they look great! How do you eat them all though?

My Fabulous Children
April 25th, 2011, 02:44 AM
We don't do this either, but they look great!

threeatlast
April 25th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Great job on eggs we did about 30 eggs (over eggs for atleast 1 week) lol.

Flava
April 25th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Z how did you put up this pic?? Im trying to make an album but every time I try to upload a pic it's always to big. So what is the size of this one?

lindi
April 25th, 2011, 04:32 PM
So pretty!

Zivic-Bubac
April 25th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Goodness - we don't do this in Aust but they look great! How do you eat them all though?

Thank you! You eat them as regular poached eggs ( 1st you poach them and then put it in color solution to boil for a few more minutes)

Zivic-Bubac
April 25th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Z how did you put up this pic?? Im trying to make an album but every time I try to upload a pic it's always to big. So what is the size of this one?

This one is 523 kB, my dh shrinked it for me , I'm helpless when it comes to the computers http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-think004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) We are using Zoom Browser ( Cannon's program, click on the Internet box on Zoom Browser and there you'll see Image size so you can shrink it - hope I got it right...)
I asked a question on uploading a picture because I couldn't figure it out myself on Forum Issues board and nuthinbutpink led me step-by-step through her answer.

Zivic-Bubac
April 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I'm glad you guys like my eggs!:happy:

Flava
April 26th, 2011, 08:24 AM
This one is 523 kB, my dh shrinked it for me , I'm helpless when it comes to the computers http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-think004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) We are using Zoom Browser ( Cannon's program, click on the Internet box on Zoom Browser and there you'll see Image size so you can shrink it - hope I got it right...)
I asked a question on uploading a picture because I couldn't figure it out myself on Forum Issues board and nuthinbutpink led me step-by-step through her answer.

Thanks Z! I know how to upload it I just have a problem with the size. I asked NBP but she didn't reply about it. She must be busy. I used photopbucket and it don't say the KB but like 320x240 and so:sigh: I just don't know what's teh right size. Or looks like I have to make it way to small...well I will play with it and see.

purplepoet20
April 27th, 2011, 03:54 PM
My hubby and boys don't like eggs so we just did a few for Grandpa... Just the dye DS1 was to busy blowing bubbles to care about doing anything else. Next year we may try adding sticker, the plastic dec, or paint.

Flava
April 29th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Just want to add I already posted some pic just copy/paste the code from photobucket no problem . Only if I want to upload it then it's not working size is always to big.