PDA

View Full Version : Megan or Maegan?

5boysandcounting
March 19th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Do you prefer the name Megan or Maegan pronounced May-gan?
I like Megan but I think Maegan is a bit more unusual. What do you think? Do you think she would just end up getting called Megan anyway? :)

Cinss
March 20th, 2013, 12:36 AM
I like Megan, my bff in highschool was Megan we all called her Megs.

fish2012
March 20th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Megan - love that name x

nuthinbutpink
March 20th, 2013, 07:21 AM
If you spell her name Maegan, she will spend her entire life correcting people when they try to spell her name!

jamieshalon
March 20th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I think I have to be the oddball here and say Maegan because of the way that you want to pronounce it. I can see a difference in the way I would say them. maybe too if you want it pronounced May-gan, you could actually spell it Maygan or Maygen. Just a thought though, lol. Either way it is a beautiful name.

Sihaya
March 20th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I have known more than one girl named Maegan, but they all pronounced it Mee-gan.

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Megan. It is no fun having a name that no one can spell and aren't sure how to pronounce. My name is common enough now but growing up it was not common at all, and it was just about awful.

5boysandcounting
March 20th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I think Maegan may be confused with Megan as it's not a common name. They are two different names. Megan is pronounced Meg-an. Maegan pronounced May-gan and Meagan is pronounced Meegan. but I think people may see Maegan as just a different way of spelling Megan!

I suppose one way of looking at is if I prefer the nickname Mae or Meg! I can't quite decide.

It would be annoying for her if people kept getting her name wrong though..
My name got said wrong through school too and I got so fed up with correcting people I just accepted the way they said it in the end!

harleyquinn
March 20th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Yeah..I would stick with the traditional spelling.

My last name is THOMAS and you would really be super amazed at how many people ask me how to spell it. Its very annoying to always be spelling my incredibley difficult and unusual last name. OMG :)

jennaesue
March 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Megan all the way. If you go with Maegan she will be constantly telling people how to spell and pronounce her name.

Wanting-a-girl
March 20th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I have known more than one girl named Maegan, but they all pronounced it Mee-gan.

I totally agree with this with people I know and all the Megans I know we're pronounced may-gen

mommymachine
March 20th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Megan is beautiful:)

5boysandcounting
March 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the input ladies! it really has helped me decide :)

Rosie85
March 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I actually prefer Maegan, she can go by Mae than too as well as Maggie or meg, more options! I also like the way it looks better.

lovemy4
March 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
I vote for Megan. Maybe with an English accent they sound different, but with my US one they sound exactly the same (to me, anyway) :/

strawberrymom
March 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
I vote for Megan. Maybe with an English accent they sound different, but with my US one they sound exactly the same (to me, anyway) :/
I agree with this.

5boysandcounting
March 24th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Yes your right! When I think about it I can imagine it would sound the same with an American accent. With an English accent Megan and Maegan sound quite different.

I thought I'd decided on Megan now I'm having doubts again! oh well I guess I still have a good while to make up my mind!

katewantsagirl
April 27th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Megan!